Bristol Rovers (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them? | Vital Football

Bristol Rovers (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
What 3 things to The Imps need to do to pick up all three points on Saturday afternoon?

Minimum of 150 words required!

Oh yes....we have football games to play don't we

1) Move on from what has happened at the beginning of this week. I sense that there may be a desire on Saturday to reflect and remember the last three years. I hope that this does not happen and we instead focus on the future. There is a need now to re-group and get back to the job in hand. This includes players, the board, supporters and everyone involved in the club come Saturday afternoon. I think it would be an error to keep making references to DC/NC through the tannoys pre match as I anticipate will happen. This club has changed managers before and will do so again. The club is what is important, not any individual. On Saturday the focus needs to be on the game not the events leading up to it

2) Unless a very swift appointment is made, Jamie McCombe and Andy Warrington have very big jobs to do on Saturday. Both have their own responsibilities above and beyond what is now also expected of them. It will need the experience of our senior players to shine through to help them with this. We have plenty of players who fit into this descriptive. Eardley, Shackell, Bostwick, O Connor and Frecklington need to take some of the burden from them and show what this club means to them

3) Oh and defend set pieces better. Saturday was something of a shambles in this regard and we need to get back to basics in how we cover posts on corners and set up to stop direct shots from free kicks at the edge of the box

Oh yes....we have football games to play don't we

1) Move on from what has happened at the beginning of this week. I sense that there may be a desire on Saturday to reflect and remember the last three years. I hope that this does not happen and we instead focus on the future. There is a need now to re-group and get back to the job in hand. This includes players, the board, supporters and everyone involved in the club come Saturday afternoon. I think it would be an error to keep making references to DC/NC through the tannoys pre match as I anticipate will happen. This club has changed managers before and will do so again. The club is what is important, not any individual. On Saturday the focus needs to be on the game not the events leading up to it

2) Unless a very swift appointment is made, Jamie McCombe and Andy Warrington have very big jobs to do on Saturday. Both have their own responsibilities above and beyond what is now also expected of them. It will need the experience of our senior players to shine through to help them with this. We have plenty of players who fit into this descriptive. Eardley, Shackell, Bostwick, O Connor and Frecklington need to take some of the burden from them and show what this club means to them

3) Oh and defend set pieces better

I'll probably get told point 3 isn't long enough if I publish...