Bristol Rovers Buildup | Vital Football

Bristol Rovers Buildup

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Manager Joey Barton focused on his side's upcoming clash with Blackpool on the final day of the season...

Looking ahead to the weekend, Barton commented on how he'd focused his attention in the week since his side's defeat to Crewe, "After the game at the weekend, it’s a case for me of getting this season gone into the either.

"It’s tough at the moment because you’ve got nothing to play for and thoughts naturally drift towards next season and moving the group out, clearing the place out and starting to build out of the ashes of this team.

"The difficulty is we’ve had two dead fixtures, dead rubbers to fulfil since the Pompey game. To keep the integrity of the competition you’ve obviously got to go out and pick the best team that you can to try to get a result and a performance, and all the while you’re assessing the options to take into the next campaign."

With a focus on next campaign, Barton has relaxed the training workload since relegation was confirmed, with one eye on a mental reset, "The players haven’t been around because we’ve wanted them to fill their energy tanks and mentally switch off from what’s going on."

Last edited:
I'm going to watch the Portsmouth game on Sky tomorrow seeing as we could face them.

For us, I'd make a few changes and go:

Maxwell

Husband
Thorniley
Ekpiteta
Gabriel

Mitchell
Stewart
Anderson
Embleton

Simms
Holmes

Subs: Moore, Garbutt, Turton, Ballard, Dougall, Shaw, Yates

I'm going to watch the Portsmouth game on Sky tomorrow seeing as we could face them.

Maxwell

Husband
Thorniley
Ekpiteta
Gabriel

Mitchell
Stewart
Anderson
Embleton

Simms
Holmes

We. All play Sunday at Noon.

Maxwell

Husband
Thorniley
Ekpiteta
Gabriel

Mitchell
Stewart
Anderson
Embleton

Simms
Holmes

Not sure about Embleton. Can we play him in the playoffs? If we can't I'd give someone else minutes on Sunday instead

Not sure about Barton's comments, sounds like he's given up on them already, Poor attitude as always it seems. I hope we tonk them. Can't stand them.

Last edited:
Could be to put us off our guard on Sunday.Mind Games !
I doubt it. He is planning on a wholesale clear out. Their only motivation will be trying to attract new clubs to sign them. On the other hand playing without pressure can bring the best out in players. An early goal would be nice to deflate them. A modest win would suit me, saving our goals up for the play offs.

a one nil coast would be fine, no bookings and daft passes or tackles. bring everyone through relaxed.
BUT, ive gone for a 4 nothing with wine lodge to score after 4mins in an effort to climb above the nobber in the forecast league.