Bristol City v Manchester City - 7.45pm Tues 23rd Jan - League Cup Semi Final 2nd leg Preview & MDT

Can Manchester City reach their first final of the season, to do that they have to get by Bristol City who in the first leg gained that all important away game, so basically Bristol have to win and the odds are in their favour, they are on home ground with partisan fans roaring their team onto victory using a controversial ball which is used by The championship teams and the one chosen to be used in the League Cup.

Manchester City who have scored 90+ goals in all competitions, have only scored 5 goals in 4 games, a worrying statistic for Manchester City in this competition.
Bristol City’s main aim must be promotion to the Premiership, but then they wold have to get used to a different ball and I wonder if that is why a lot of promoted teams struggle to stay up.

Bristol City have not won a game since 26th December, but are they piling all their eggs in one basket. In the first leg they took a shock lead but City clawed it back and go in to the game a goal up, but it may not be enough and Manchester City will have to be on their toes to get through this game.

In Domestic competitions Manchester City have only met Bristol City in the League Cup and have never lost, however in League meeting between the sides Bristol lead 10 wins to 8.

Bristol City
City will assess injuries to Frank Fielding and Nathan Baker ahead of Tuesday night’s Carabao Cup semi-final second leg tie with Manchester City. Both these players could not continue their match against Derby County, but have had a extra day to recover.

Manchester City
What Does Pep Do?
City’s next game is in the FA Cup at Cardiff on Sunday next and that leaves 5 days, between matches but after the Cardiff match City are back in action midweek against West Bromwich on 31st.
Pep has a dilemma, go in strong and hope that no-one gets injured or play the majority of the second string and have a strong bench.

Injury News
Out
Mendy
Delph

Doubtful
Kompany

In the game against Newcastle, Zinchenko had his first start at left back, this freed up Sané to cause havoc in the Newcastle defence, especially late on as he weaved his way through more than a few defenders, but this is a semi final and City have not won anything yet, getting to the final does not guarantee a win but it does give you a chance of winning.

Prediction
a win for Manchester City, but not a runaway win with this ball.

Buzz’s pick
Bravo
Danilo Stones, Mangala Zinchenko
Gundogan, Bernardo, Sané , Fernandiho, Silva
Aguero.

Subs, Diaz, Tosin, Walker, KDB, Sterling, Otamendi, Ederson

Skoorb

Alert Team
Officials appointed for the game

Referee: Graham Scott
Assistant referees: Richard West and Adrian Holmes
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell

johnkelv - 22/1/2018 08:54

Go in strong and make the final, bring off 3 after 60mins. Is Scott card happy? Come on City, we can do this.
If last week's FA Cup replay between Chelsea and Norwich is anything to go by then yes, if he thinks you've dived.

He's getting a lot of plaudits for that performance, for me the two incidents where he handed out yellows were both fouls, on both occasions the fouled players could've stayed on their feet but that doesn't mean they weren't fouled.

Perhaps refs need to start booking players for simulation even if they're fouled. There's your penalty and there's a yellow too for being a twat.

Anyhoo, don't mind who plays this one but I don't want to see Yaya start because we are painfully slow when he sets the pace.

Rising

Alert Team
We must go strong to ensure we get to the final - there's no reason not to - the upcoming weekend's game is FA cup, not PL.

Tudor

Alert Team
Unusual Rules Kick In For Carabao Cup S/F Second Leg

For the first time in nearly 11 years Manchester City take on Bristol City at a sold out Ashton Gate tomorrow evening. BUT, when one looks at the Carabao Cup rule book for the Semi-Final second leg tie then my head went into a spin.

Let me explain:

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=589244

Anyhoo, don't mind who plays this one but I don't want to see Yaya start because we are painfully slow when he sets the pace.[/QUOTE]

funny you should say that BD because he isn't in my squad

Will be on the road for this one but hopefully will catch as much of the action as I can.

We need this game out of the road rapidly and at the same time here is a golden opportunity to reach our first final under Pep and take the foundations of a dynasty to another level.

We were flattened in midfield in the first leg. Starting with Yaya gives the speedy opposition a head start. I think we should go at them strongly and demoralise them. Spanish Dave a must.
Its tricky because we must avoid injuries but there it is. I am going with 0-3 City.

Tudor - 22/1/2018 09:34

Unusual Rules Kick In For Carabao Cup S/F Second Leg

For the first time in nearly 11 years Manchester City take on Bristol City at a sold out Ashton Gate tomorrow evening. BUT, when one looks at the Carabao Cup rule book for the Semi-Final second leg tie then my head went into a spin.

Let me explain:

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=589244
Simply Bristol have to win 1-0 and hope it stays that way until the end of extra time because this is the only score that would take them through to the final.

2-1 Bristol means penalties

any other score City are the winners

City XI: Bravo, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, D Silva (c), De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sane, Aguero

Subs: Ederson, Danilo, Yaya Toure, Kompany, Mangala, Gundogan, Sterling

Hominid

Vital Squad Member
Would have liked to rest Fernandinho. Apart from that, brilliant! Start big and then rest players when we've got it won (hopefully!).