Bristol City V Aston Villa: FRI, 28th, 7.45, (Sky) | Vital Football

Bristol City V Aston Villa: FRI, 28th, 7.45, (Sky)

Thomas Holte

Vital Football Legend
Time to get this up and running with a difficult away fixture to a team, manager and fans who don't appear to like us!

Will Steve Bruce still be in charge for this game? At this time of writing, it would appear so, therefore, the game is crucial for his own future but then that's his own fault.

Whatever happens, I don't want to see us beaten so good luck to the Villa boys:utv::utv:

Thoughts and predictions here folks.

I personally still find it hard to back against us as we have the best starting XI and squad in the league by a country mile and should be able to beat anyone.

Bruce also seems to have a knack of pulling a result out of the bag when the pressure is on.

For that reason... Bristol City 1 Villa 2

Can’t see anything other than a loss. The players seem as baffled as we are regarding formation. It’s a game we should win but will lose easily.
It will get extremely nasty both during and after this one.

I think we’d all be lifted if Bruce was sacked, the whole thing stinks now, His style of football is no longer sellable, his aftermatch remarks are disgraceful and 35000/5000 home/away fans deserve better.....and based on Jedinak still playing at CB and Bruce not wanting to lose so reverting back to one up front ( 0 if he could get away with it) I’m going for another 2-1 defeat.:utv:

We have decent though in some cases overrated individuals, but it is a team game and we don't look like a team. Slow, predictable, lacking defensive organisation, lacking movement and no leadership either on or off the pitch.

Obviously we are capable of winning but a draw or loss is much more likely based on what I have seen this season. I expect more of the same frustration and "you're getting sacked in the morning" on Friday night.

Can't see Bristol City not scoring, there's always the chance we'll snatch a goal, so going for a draw.

Don't know about the line-up; wish he'd drop Jedinak but he won't. What worries me is that when Jedinak plays Chester's form goes down. Maybe he's got too much to do worried about what Jedinak is doing. Maybe there's a personality clash; Chester is captain and leader of the defence, maybe Jedinak doesn't like taking orders.

Whatever, this ought to see us at least maintaining our position but can't see it; Bristol are going through a roughish patch but they're a lot better than Rotherham.

Well this game will be a first as it will be the first time I have flown to watch the Villa in a domestic game. Got an easy jet flight from Newcastle to Bristol with the return flight Saturday morning which amazingly has only cost £141 where the train would be £400 and it only takes an hour amazing value. So after the turgid football it will be a night on the town with the lads followed by a short flight home Saturday morning so for the once the Villa won't be dominating my weekend. As for the game haven't seen Villa play well the last twice at Ashton Gate so if Bruce is still in charge I think it will be the same again and we just might scrape a draw.

Bristol may well be considered out of form but they still have more points than us and are 8th with one more win than we have.

If they win they’ll go into the top 4 Friday night.

Like a lot of these away games I’m sure Bruce will revert to trying not to concede the first goal. Our defence is shit so expect 8 or 9 defensive minded players selected with Elmo and Adomah back on the wing so they can drop back for the flat back 6. Axel will be back in and Jedinak in CM so he can drop in the centre of defence making 7 when required.

I can see a must not lose at all cost approach to prevent more criticism.

And if we escape with a draw Bruce will wonder what all the fuss is about.

This is a tough league and Bristol is a difficult place to go don’t you know.
I’ve been promoted 4 times and I know what I’m doing.

And if we escape with a draw Bruce will wonder what all the fuss is about.

This is a tough league and Bristol is a difficult place to go don’t you know.
I’ve been promoted 4 times and I know what I’m doing.

And we have the makings of a very decent team, so we will be there or thereabouts.

You thick minority, or should I say mad few, don't know how lucky you are to have me. I beat these 5-0 last season. It was just like watching me and Eric.

I see defeat again this time by a bigger margin than the game vs Sheff Wed.

As much as most want him to be sacked at the earliest, he won't be until we go on a series of defeats or until we are too many points behind the team in 6th.

Also, if we look at it from the owners' point of view, they would be perhaps thinking we have the best manager in the league who came close to promoting the team last season, so they may probably want to preferably wait till the season ends or the above scenarios occur.