Bristol City game | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bristol City game

Apart from a couple of loose balls from Robinson the defence was more composed tonight than Tuesday. We made bristol city look ordinary and although the stats won't reflect it we was in control for most of the game. Windass played well and a decent cross for the goal. Well done Cookie and his staff for good game management. Just glad that we appealed Samyd red card cos I don't think we would have got all 6pts. Crowd did well with their vocal backing as well.

Garner should have been off, studs up above the knee. Huge letoff and payback for Morsy’s dismissal at Brentford. Once again an example of refereeing decisions evening themselves out over the course of the season.

I think you do Brizzle a dis-service there Sid. Some of their play was excellent. Is be disappointed if I supported them..... Should have had two goals in each half.

Not that we played poorly. We were decent without quite creating the clinical chances tonight.

Other than that, agree with most of what's been said. Great night.

Good to see Kipre bounce back from Tuesday with a quality performance.

Was a compact game, with both teams pressing. Lots of forced play due to no space.

Brilliant pass from Windass and a nice finish from Powell.

We've been grinding out results in these close games without really shining. Which is great for us to be competitive, even when we're not at our best.

Not a scintillating performance by any stretch but a win is win! I imagine it will have a dour game for the neutral and sky, but given the schedule I really didn't expect anything less.

I thought it was a relatively even contest and couldn't have complained with a point. However despite not being the best of games I really enjoyed how we fought, put in what effort/energy we had and that general willingness to dig in and get the job done. Blowing teams is away is obviously exciting but winning in that manner is very satisfying for different reasons. The players deserved all the applause they received at the whistle.

I thought windass had his best game for us and it was a superb cross for the goal, probably the best piece of quality in the game. Dunkley and Cipre really didn't want to concede tonight and it showed. Agree with the comment about we wouldn't have won without Morsy. Thought garners challenge was bad at the time and the wife who watched at home said it was a definite red so I guess we've been fortunate for once with a referring decision. Thankfully for us the BC players didn't behave like children or it may have been.

Credit to the lads, the manager and the fans. No way a classic but we were solid, dug in and persevered.
We are exceeding expectations at this stage.
Have a great weekend guys
Just hoping the rest of the top six lose tomorrow...mind you I haven't checked the fixtures yet ?

Watching bristol city reminded me of billy smarts circus amount of mistakes that below average team made tonight would have been great to hear march of the gladiator tune on the loudspeaker system while they were playing

I think both teams simply cancelled each other out in the first half and to be fair they did more with the ball than we did. Highlight of the first half was Bristol number 9 taking ten minutes to do his laces up, run about ten yards offside from his own area and the head the ball to concede a free kick.

Second half we played it more on the ground and started to threaten more. For me out biggest threat was Jacobs, with Windass and Dunkley close for motm.

Good three points from a scrappy game, although I never really thought we were under pressure until injury time. Again the comfort of a second goal would have been handy.

Just watched the full replay on the US ESPN+ streaming service.

First half was quite uninspiring with our best efforts being off target from outside the box. Kipre winning the ball back in the box after Robinson's errant back pass was the moment of the half.

We came out much more threatening in the second half and for Powell's quality to shine through in a match that was void of many real chances was quite the blessing for us.

Windass MOTM. 16 from 9 is phenomenal.