Bristol City game | Vital Football

Bristol City game

Well, I guess we know why McManaman was missing. Injured.

Could see Byrne getting a game. Grigg maybe rested too if he was feeling an injury when he came off.

I think Byrne will play. Good chance for Garner to show what he has got. Hopefully Windass is ok he was the other sub. If not it will be Jacobs and Connolly.

Not often we get injury updates these days, perhaps it's the old double bluff.

Maybe a game too far fitness wise for Powell given his history. Hopefully Robinson is fit as otherwise we'll really struggle in that position.

I saw Chey feeling his quad at the end of the game. Hope he plays and it's not Bruce and Kipre at the back. Unless someone is fit...

Back of Chey’s legs were heavily strapped up. Just hoping that Powell and Robinson are not two of the casualties or else we’ll struggle. If Grigg is one of them, I really hope we don’t play Vaughan up front. I’d play Windass or Powell there personally and bring Byrne in on the right. Either that or bring Garner in for a straight swap.

Kipre was limping at the end of the QPR game and seemed to walk off the pitch a little gingerly at the end of the Hull game. Might just be tired legs though.

Jacobs had the strapping on one of his legs too, so it wouldn't shock me after just coming back if 2 starts in 4 days is too much for him.

Hopefully if anyone is missing it's down to fatigue rather than more injuries.

If we have injuries to either centre half i'd play James in there and Byrne at full back rather than bring Bruce in.

If Grigg isn't fit I'd start Garner, although i wouldn't rule out putting Powell up front and putting Windass behind him as he has been poor out side and that's where he wants to play.

I also wouldn't rule out seeing Gibson starting in midfield and us swtiching to more of a 4-3-3 rather than the regular 4-2-3-1.

If it's any of Tuesdays starting side we will have an hard game. A fit Vaughan is no replacement for Grigg and we have no suitable replacement for Powell or Robinson. Maybe Connolly could replace James.
Could even start with a 4-3-3 like how we finished. Fingers crossed for Robinson. How's Dan Burn?
Could go
Walton
Connolly Kipre Burn/Bruce Robinson (fingers crossed)
Morsy Evans Gibson
Windass Garner Jacobs
Why we didn't sort that left back area out God only knows.

I
Why we didn't sort that left back area out God only knows.
Maybe we did and things didn't go the way we planned, we just don't know. It's not just a matter of picking out a player and then hey presto they sign, some may not want to come and play second fiddle to Robinson. There may even be other options that we are not aware of by playing someone else at LB.

We have no idea who's fit or not so it's difficult to predict the team. But i think whatever we do we've got to avoid going long to Vaughan like we usually do if Grigg isn't available. If we don't play our usual game we have no chance, if we do we've got a very realistic chance of getting the points.

If there's an injury in the backline bring in Byrne and switch James to left or CB.

If injury in def mid bring Gibson in.

If injury in attack mid may have to bring in Gibson and change shape or Connolly (hope not he's no attacker) or give Naismith a go. Unless McMannaman recovers in time.

If there's an injury up front bring Garner in.

Defo don't want to see a similar attacking set up as what we did at Brentford away.

Difficult game to predict this one and all 3 results likely. A lot of variables with potential injuries and general fatigue. Given it's on Sky I'll go for a drab nil nil as payback for the bastards ruining a Saturday fixture.

Just had a watch of Bristols highlights, they have a strong side, with pace in the wide areas and have been playing a straight 4-4-2. They seem very good going forward and use their width very effectively getting a lot of their goals from crosses from the wingers or the wingers cutting inside. O'Dowda and Watkins on either flank will be the key to the game if we can keep them quite we'll give ourselves a great chance, but the flip side being they'll be looking to exploit the space we leave in those areas as we attack on the counter.

Weimann has done oustanding since he moved to Bristol in the summer and will be their main target up front and i expect Diedhiou who hasn't been a regular this season will be coming in to partner him and he looks quite a quick and exciting player who can beat a man and he's been getting a couple of goals from the bench.

But they do seem a little suspect at the back, and have made a few bad mistakes this season under pressure. They have a young full back Llyod Kelly whos been responsible for a few mistakes in the last couple of games that cost them goals. So he could be one to target for an exceptionally hard press when he gets in posession around his box.

Bristol have done really well so far this season and after Brentford they are by far the best team we've faced so far. It will be really tough, especially if we are going to be missing first teamers. A draw tonight would not be a bad result at all, but a win is by no means beyond us if we can play to our best. The important factor is no matter what injuries we have that we maintain our passing game and some pace / pentration out wide and not resort to the long ball to Vaughan. Bristol will come to go toe to toe with us so these are the type of games that suit us if we go into them like we did with Forest and Sheffield with no fear rather than Brentford where we gvae them too much respect.

Both sides have played 3 games in 6 day, that is no doubt going to effect our high energy pressing game especially as the game goes on. But one factor could be this is their second away game in 4 days when the turn around is so quick and teams have to travel a decent distance i always wonder if that disrupts preperation as i know some teams don't like to travel on the day of games and prefer to go down the day before.

Fingers crossed we can turn in another good performance and get at least a point. We know Nick Powell seems to up his game when the cameras are there and the spotlight on him, so hopefully he'll be at his absolute best tonight as we'll need him to be.

I have no doubt they’ll target the defensively weak and likely fatigued Robinson down our left side. Brentford cut us open time and time again that side, Bristol will try to do the same.

Looking at the weather what will the pitch be like and could it get called of before a ball is kicked ?