Bristol City Fan Comments | Vital Football

Bristol City Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Forest started brighter but we're 1 up!

carvalho and diez (spellings probably wrong) showing up well for Forest...

Shite play from Pato, losing the ball in midfield, Forest break and hit the post...

Thank God we have 2 decent centre backs, not a cult hero with a mistake in him. Oh and £8m, cheers Boro.

Thought we started very brightly and were on top first half of the half. For me, since then Forest maybe just edging it.

Dias looks dangerous though and will be a tough ask to contain him.

Doing very well against a forest side with some real top quality.

Some sour comments on their forum already. (Pope)

Although this one made me laugh:

"Murphy charges the goalie down, goalie sees who it is, pitches up a tent, sets up a little gas burner, makes a cup of tea, has a game of solitaire, then picks the ball up with Murphy around 5 yards away."

Forest may well be up there come may, draw wouldn't be amazing but not a disaster either.

May look like a decent result with hindsight - against big spending Forest. Time will tell.

Played Forest at right time before their signings have clicked.

Forest looked the better side in the second half to me. Both looked in fairness like sides that were getting to know each other a bit, and both actually looked happy enough with the draw in the last ten.

That's a good away point because we certainly weren't at home, truly shocking.

Forest look like they could be a very good team this year.

Paterson on the day the worst player out there.

No idea why we didn't sell him in the summer.

Paterson was crap all game. No change from the second half of last season.

A decent point against a team with considerable more talent in their ranks than us.

For all their technical superiority they were pretty toothless.

They looked more direct, more aggressive in attack. We, and of course it's early days , looked disjointed in attack. We hardly troubled their keeper.

It’s about time people were honest instead of saying how great Forest are etc etc... If only everyone said it as it is, we were shit today for 70 minutes...

Just about deserved a draw poor second half. Forest are a good team.

There I am getting excited about the new season, pretty happy with a draw against a side who will almost definitely be up there come the end of the season, talk sport saying "two excellent sides who will both kick on from here," really a positive start to the season.

Unfortunately according to a few posters on here we were "dogs**t" and "litter." The only thing I'm glad to see the back of when the season ends is some of the utter rubbish posters come out with if we don't win 50-0.

Why cant we look like we are going to be a very good team like Forest?

About 25m in players?

They spent 15 million on one player and god knows how much on the rest of them.

Personally I prefer a club that plays by the rules, doesn't have a dubious owner and doesn't have a relationship with any shady so called super agent.

But I appreciate some fans would welcome any passing oligarch or dictator if they were prepared to gamble with the club's future. Perhaps a Jordanian 'billionaire' is the answer?

Some great interplay between their midfielders that was easy on the eye, but often did not go anywhere.

I thought we were well worth a point and Forest might become a good team but look too much like a lot of individuals to me.

That will come for forest when they have played a few games together.

1-1 with Florist, opening day, good result I thought.

And the positive people are banging on about forest spent money as a excuse

Spending bucket loads on players well beyond our financial reach didn't make any difference to Wolves' season last year then?

Not an excuse - a reason.

Them spending money has been mentioned, but not as an excuse in any way.

To look at Forests signings and suggest they will be around the top end come May is not an unreasonable thought process, so the reality is we got a draw against a good side.

Our performance dropped off after a bit, Forest werent at it from the start- both sides showing that the new players and old havent completely settled into knowing each others game inside out yet, which is to be expected.

Although forest have invested in some interesting players; they are no way a Wolves for this season. Nervous at the back; and lacking a bit in the middle of the park.

I’d say we got away with one, a really good side or Forest later in season would have put us away.

The forest number 5 is some player bossed the midfield.

You could see Forest have a decent team this season and expectedly so, with the money they have spent. Their passing was better than ours. I thought City played well for the first 20 mins and didn't let Forest settle, but it was always going to be difficult to keep that tempo going in the heat.I think Forest will be challenging this season and City will not be in trouble.

I thought we did well to get a point today as I fully expect forest to be promoted on that evidence! If we played them in say jan and they were top (which they could be), people would be very pleased with the point.

Their number 5. What an absolute class player. I rate our midfielders, but this guy is a class above all of them. One outrageous bit of skill and blind cross field pass first half straight to Osbourne's feet. Everything came through him. So strong, composed and technically brilliant. Yeah only one game, but he looks far too good for the championship. Hard to really criticise our side so much when a team like Forest splash out on some of the players they have brought in.

I thought he was really classy as he rolled around holding his head, and soon as he realised he wasn't getting anything, jumped up and carried on!

He's always been a good player but has never seemed to be able to deliver consistently.

Their best player I thought. Didn't take note of his name during the game, assumed he was one of their expensive summer signings.

Been a jobbing Champ CM for years hasn't he? But I agree, very good today.

Any champ team with him, Watson, Murphy & Grabban in are gonna have a good season.

He was unreal.

Great player but an absolute *** to go with it. Constantly pretending to have been caught in the face when clearly he wasn’t.

Looked a good player with a bit of steel. I thought the £12m kid was shocking though. Forest will be something like mid table, but no better.

I agree with this, for all this talk about Forest spending millions and being a favourite - they should be putting teams who play like we did today to bed. They created very little for all their dominance.

Looked a typical Karanka team to me.

Not even read the rest of the thread don’t need to:

utter class.

The only tidy footballer on show today.

Said it to my pals mid game. Best player on the pitch imo.

They fouled in that lovely Portuguese way we all grew to know and love during the World Cup.

Some classy players for sure, but I can foresee a few suspensions being picked up by Forest's Iberian contingent.

I thought the 1st half we out played them and in the second half they out played us so I think all in all a point each was fair.

Once Forest settled, whatever we had practiced all pre season just looked woefully short of being effective at this level. I almost want to use the word naive but I think that would ignore how good Forest are.

We limited what will be a good team to few chances.

Forest had 16 shots to our 8 so quite a few chances really.

The quietest I've ever heard AG on opening day of the season. The game was cagey and not necessarily a type of game to get the crowd going, but was bitterly disappointed.

For nearly 3000 fans I didn’t hear forest till they scored.

Must depend where you sit. They were very loud from my seat in the Lansdown.

Forrest seemed louder and giving it the is this a library chant half the game...

Thought they were fairly noisy for good parts tbh. That said, how well does sound carry from the Atyeo? Not too well I don't think.

You are embarrassing with how obsessed with me you are. I'm really not interested in your attempts to provoke an argument and then blame it on me CP. Stick to football.

I'm quite amused to see this lot going on about the money we have spent

They have spent close to £9m this summer themselves.

£11.5m the summer before that and £11m the summer before that.

When you add their spending up over three seasons it's about the same as ours. If you factor in sales for net spend I think it will work out about the same as well.

They are going to have the kind of season we have had recently. They had their chance last season and didn't take it.

You are embarrassing with how obsessed with me you are. I'm really not interested in your attempts to provoke an argument and then blame it on me CP. Stick to football.

I'm quite amused to see this lot going on about the money we have spent

They have spent close to £9m this summer themselves.

£11.5m the summer before that and £11m the summer before that.

When you add their spending up over three seasons it's about the same as ours. If you factor in sales for net spend I think it will work out about the same as well.

They are going to have the kind of season we have had recently. They had their chance last season and didn't take it.

I'll post as I wish buttmunch, this all resurfaced when you dragged me into your bullying of a pensioner.

I'll post as I wish buttmunch, this all resurfaced when you dragged me into your bullying of a pensioner.

Poacher lied CP. He is the same age as Donald Trump. Should we not call him out on his lies? I didn't know his age before and I don't care after. If you make something up you should expect to be picked up on it.

Dragging you in? Like you don't jump in as soon as you see an opportunity to score points. Doesn't matter if it has nothing to do with you, you make it your business then blame everyone else.

There is no argument here, this is all you. You've probably woken up with a hangover and want to get out some bile.

I am done with you. This is boring and I have a West Brom match thread to do

Last edited:
I wonder if Geddy could actually be the driving midfielder that we have been looking for? Much depends on his consistency

Poacher lied CP. He is the same age as Donald Trump. Should we not call him out on his lies? I didn't know his age before and I don't care after. If you make something up you should expect to be picked up on it.

Dragging you in? Like you don't jump in as soon as you see an opportunity to score points. Doesn't matter if it has nothing to do with you, you make it your business then blame everyone else.

There is no argument here, this is all you. You've probably woken up with a hangover and want to get out some bile.

Yay.

Gueddy had a thread dedicated to him, I think last season MacKay had two or three and BB one and nobody else any at all. Very encouraging, I only saw him as a squad player this year too.

Forest away did what we always do which was sing. Best chant of the day- it's not a fire drill on 88mins as the Bristol fans began streaming out.

This is the knock on effect of improving the squad, we now ‘hopefully’ see the best of everyone as competition for places leads to higher individual performance levels.

On his day Geedy is a top class player so the shirt is his to lose *excluding rotation!

This is what ruins this forum. A good post which was interesting to read contained a snipe at another member. The following 3 posts are both nonsense.

Such a shame.

On a positive not it is pleasing to read other fans being positive about our team for a change.

I did not lie mearly reported what Nixon had said on Twitter.
That you cannot be bothered to look properly is your problem not mine.
Yes I am a 72 and a pensioner but that doesn't make me an illiterate poster with delusions of grandeur. Unlike some I could mention.
Thanks to CP for his response much appreciated.

I did not lie mearly reported what Nixon had said on Twitter.
That you cannot be bothered to look properly is your problem not mine.
Yes I am a 72 and a pensioner but that doesn't make me an illiterate poster with delusions of grandeur. Unlike some I could mention.
Thanks to CP for his response much appreciated.

The ignore function isn't working for you.

The tweet wasn't there. You know it wasn't. I checked Nixon for the previous 3 days and he has said nothing about Forest and you couldn't produce the tweet.

It really doesn't matter much one way or another. It's only a made up tweet and in fitness, Byram probably will sign anyway. I'm really not sure why you made such a song and dance about it, beyond the fact that you obviously have a problem with me, hence your unsolicited attack on me about a week previously.

Keep working on that ignore function dude