Bristol City Fan Comments | Vital Football

Bristol City Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Today sees Mr Hughton at Ashton Gate with the tricky trees next to us in the table.
Don't expect we will ever know the true story of his application interview process. He has done a decent job at Forest after a slow start and like us are almost safe. It's human nature that when your turned down your going to want to prove a point. I would be amazed if we didn't see a fired up Forest side this afternoon.

Bearing this in mind and our woeful recent performance I would be ecstatic if we get a point and no more injuries.

Difficult to be optimistisc thinking of our last games.

Just hope we are not wasting any more time on starting Fammy, Lansbury or Rowe.

On this day in 1633 bananas went on sale for the first time in London. This must be an omen.

They'll score the win at 16:33.

Can’t see past another defeat unfortunately. Another shrug of the shoulders at full time can’t wait for the season to end.

I think Forest will hammer us if we continue with the recent performances, they're off the back of two good wins and confidence must be high.

Anyone feeling confident today?

Chris Hughton?

Can’t see beyond a comfortable 2-0 away win we are physically mentally and tactically weak all over the pitch.

Started in the same way as all the previous ones - watching the opposition play and depending on a mistake to break away.

Seeing Forest dominating possession with really nice passing play, can’t help thinking this could’ve been us under Hughton.

Can someone count the forest players, have they got more than us?

Forest hit the post!

Simpson done so easy by Mighten.

Well at least the players are working harder. Quality not there, but confidence is on the floor. So many basics missing from our game.

Interesting to see the controlled passing game, whilst pressing, Hughton has Forest playing even if it did take a few months to stamp his mark on them.

Forest the better side but they've only had a couple of chances.

Lansbury hits the post.

There's no point trying to retain possession by passing it backwards all the time. Pressure from Forest leads to mistakes in dangerous areas.

Forest better side and dominating possession but this is certainly better than the limp performances over Easter.

We have made a pretty good impression of a lower league team making it difficult away in a cup tie against a team a couple of divisions higher. Not really a lack of effort, kept our shape pretty much, and made it difficult for our more illustrious opponents.

All the real football being played my one side, they will still be heavy favourites but the shock may still be on!

Delighted to be going in at HT 0-0.

Forest look very good, strong and well organised. They're playing good football.

If Forest had as many key players out as us and we had them available then we'd probably look different class to them.

Samba takes approx 30secs to take a goal kick...wtf?

0-0 would be a excellent result today. That’s how far we have come. Clean sheet and a point at home.

and a shot on target would be the cherry on the cake!

Semenyo should have won a Pen then... poor referring.

That's a pen for me all day long.

Watching again I think the defender won the ball but kicked it straight against Semenyo's foot, and it then went through his legs looking like he hadn't touched it... but not sure. edit: Actually I have no idea...

I thought the ball rebounded and Semenyo effectively tripped into the ball player.

Here’s our weekly hamstring injury.

Semenyo ain't gonna shrug that one off. Horrid tackle.

Baker, Mawson, Kalas, Rowe, Sessegnon, Dasilva, Pring, Nurse, Walsh, Williams, Paterson, Brunt, O'Dowda, Adelakun, Ow.Edwards, Watkins, Weimann, Martin, Bell aaaaand....Simpson!

Semenyo now.

Fully expecting NP to do his hamstring 9n the bench.

Not pretty but stopped the rot at least. Perhaps we deserved to win based on the second half?

Absolutely buzzing to renew my season ticket.

Looked better second half. I wouldn't say the better of the 2 sides, but it was an improvement from the first half.

One shot on target and three corners at home, however we got a POINT.

A certain penalty but, in the refs defence, until I saw the replays, I didn't think it was.

Should have had a penalty but whether we would have deserved a win is a different debate.

Forest looked good but we worked hard to make it difficult for them and for once cannot think of any blinding saves by Bentley needed to keep the clean sheet.

Thought Christie for them had a great game and the Croatian chap with a name I would never be able to pronounce.

Forest a far better side than us in the first half, much better second and should have had a penalty.

How did Garner play for Forest?

Good first half, we closed him much more quickly second half and he was less effective.

Forest were the better side overall but toothless up front.

Cheers CP, some interesting comments about how good we looked and how controlled we were which is always good to see even if we did fail to score.

If Grabban was in last season’s form though, this season would be a very different story.

He seems to not have adjusted as we have got better and while at the beginning of the season was actually helping out by coming deep, is now getting in the way and not being where he should be. It doesnt help that too many crosses are nowhere near when he does make it to the box. Agree with plums that we also need the wide men in support to pick up loose or long crosses so he isnt so isolated.

Grabban needs to be playing around the box not going wise or dropping, there's enough quality to get him the ball in dangerous areas if he makes the runs.

Grabban has lost any pace over first 10 yards. He was caught offside again because he knows he has lost pace and needs to gain every inch for advantage. Another indication we need to buy a young striker with pace.

Pretty fair comments from them to be fair. They and Preston have massively collapsed as the seasons gone on so you can’t understand why they’re a bit miserable

People go on about this expensive team and shit recruitment.

Brice: 375k over his contract
Christie: Loan
McKenna: 580k over his contract
Wozza: zilch
Blackett: zilch
Knockeart: Loan
Garner: Loan
Yates: zilch
Mighten: Zilch
Krovinovic: Loan
Cafu: Zilch
Freeman: Loan
Grabban: 1.38m over his contract, 1 to go.

Wages princess. 150% of our income goes on them.

Yes, but it is past mistakes which have proven costly; paying up contracts has been an expensive exercise and the amortisation write offs have added to the debt.

The situation with the squad looks fine going forward; there are no players left with outrageous contracts remaining at the Club and the squad size is down to the lowest number I can remember.

I still don’t know who’s agent it was but word down here is under Sabri the agent said our training sessions were just an exercise in crowd control

Yes, but it is past mistakes which have proven costly; paying up contracts has been an expensive exercise and the amortisation write offs have added to the debt.

The situation with the squad looks fine going forward; there are no players left with outrageous contracts remaining at the Club and the squad size is down to the lowest number I can remember.

But the inference is this team Mao. Hughton has largely worked miracles with freebies, geriatrics and loans.