Bristol (A) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Bristol (A)

It was another game like Reading we should have won - according to mate who went. Point was deserved and gaining it in injury time should lift spirits going into the next.

With Norwich and Leeds to come the hull game on Wednesday is huge otherwise we'll likely be 3rd bottom before we play knob end. Gotta throw qpr into the mix now. They are shite as evidenced by home defeats to Rotherham and bowton recently. Brum will be fine so it's 1 from 5 for the last relegation spot. Too tight to call for me.
Rotherham and The Cheats beat them. How did we do there and at The Cheats, Rotherham, Millwall and Reading?
Not one win whatsoever so no heroic well done Cooky if we stay up because it simply will not be down to him and his shite mixture of old mates and other clubs cast offs.
Last season's squad and approach to games with the addition of James would be safe now. May have been weeks ago.

Have to say despite comments on here this was an excellent result against a very good side, for an hour we dominated, their manager made three subs and changed the game for a while, but we fought back well and got a fully deserved draw!
Sad to see the racial abuse Byrne suffered on Twitter after the game and am glad the club have reported the idiot to the police! Hope they throw the book at him!!!

We should have won. Their keeper MoM for me. Great saves against Dunkley twice, Fox once. The ref was a joke. Walton saved just inside line in front of us - linesman gave corner against us. Then gave us a corner when ball didn't go out. Played very well and attacking. Unfortunately defence was at fault for their 2 goals.

Crucial goal at the end. Without it, I think the Hull game would’ve been a Blackburn-esque write off due to the hangover from another collapse away from home.

We should have won. Their keeper MoM for me. Great saves against Dunkley twice, Fox once. The ref was a joke. Walton saved just inside line in front of us - linesman gave corner against us. Then gave us a corner when ball didn't go out. Played very well and attacking. Unfortunately defence was at fault for their 2 goals.
We deserved at least a point. You could not tell which side were in the playoffs. Even when we went 2-1 behind I felt we could come back. Similar to Reading, we took the game to them and great fighting spirit to get the equaliser. Spoke to the chairman just before getting on the train, he’s a really nice fella

I’ve been to watch Matlock Town v Warrington and followed the match via my phone. With the fixtures left I think we could drop again. Good point today but it’s three we needed.

Yep. Saw it too. A Man Utd fan from Sheffield....... so we probably cost him his coupon.

Disgraceful. He's gone off twitter now, but let's hope that's not the end of it for him.
It’s unbelievable what people do/say in the heat of the moment thanks to social media allowing such easy access to players. Over something so simple as a busted coupon as well.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, if I was given the power to do one thing to the internet I would obliterate every form
of social media bar YouTube. Life needs to return to how it used to be, where people had to go out to communicate and you never had to hear opinions of faceless pondlife.

Rant over!

But........ Isn't this forum a form of social media C_Latic?

I completely agree with your sentiments, but would argue that a little personal responsibility wouldn't go amiss.

The lad was obviously a nob. Now, he'll be a nob baht a twitter account...... and hopefully with a police record.

"So lonely" was my favourite.

I completely agree with your sentiments, but would argue that a little personal responsibility wouldn't go amiss.

The lad was obviously a nob. Now, he'll be a nob baht a twitter account...... and hopefully with a police record.

He's still on Facebook He should get 5yrs for what he said

On 606 a Bristol City fan tracked him and reported him to the Club. There's also a reported racist incident at Brentford. IMO it's always there but thanks to social media perpetrators are easily traced. If punishment is minimal it'll continue. Something needs to change.

Lets stop calling it 'social media'.... so often it reflects nothing that is social, indeed the complete opposite. Totally Anti-social.

Calling it 'social media' gives it legitimacy.

It could be called electronic media or digital media.

But it’s not a one off though Moonay! This happens all the time, every day. And it’s not just racism, what about that cretin who sent Jack Grealish abuse over his dead brother.

Twitter, IG and Facebook are the worst for it. Especially the first two as you have a direct access to players and “celebs” through those forms of social media so they are forced to read this garbage. These social media sites need to be obliterated off the face of the earth. Socially this world would be a hell of a lot better without them.

Social media can also be a source for great things too. Certainly twitter at least. FB is mainly just a site for attention seekers.

You could argue that by abusing twitter in this way, (rather than just spouting his bile down the pub), it's caught him out in a way he never would have been otherwise.

As I said, this Forum's a social media site....... where personal responsibility needs to govern what and how we post.

Social media can also be a source for great things too. Certainly twitter at least. FB is mainly just a site for attention seekers.

You could argue that by abusing twitter in this way, (rather than just spouting his bile down the pub), it's caught him out in a way he never would have been otherwise.

As I said, this Forum's a social media site....... where personal responsibility needs to govern what and how we post.

But this kid wouldn’t spout this bile down the pub. It’s a spotty virgin in his bedroom at his mum’s house with direct access to message one of our players. That’s not right.

There is far more worse than good on Twitter. Believe me this world wouldn’t be in the mess it is now without it. Giving voices to the wrong people and brainwashing the foolish. And that’s before the racism and homophobia.

I won’t go any further before the politics argument begins again.