Brighton match | Vital Football

Brighton match

A slight chance that we can still win this league although we wont.

After today, Brighton will play Bristol City at home with them still needing points to stay up and a last day away game at Aston Villa that Villa will be right up for for various reasons. They may not get another point but we'd need to then get at least 7 points.

Be typical NUFC after the patch we've been through although promotion should remain the only target for now.

I can't believe Barnsley has already sold out and for our biggest game of the season there are still thousands of tickets available for Monday night. Preston have only taken 1,000 tickets so this could be a sub 50K crowd which baffles the fuck out of me.

vin1892 - 21/4/2017 22:12

I can't believe Barnsley has already sold out and for our biggest game of the season there are still thousands of tickets available for Monday night. Preston have only taken 1,000 tickets so this could be a sub 50K crowd which baffles the fuck out of me.

Quite a lot of the fan base moved in when the boycotters shipped out and some of their logic is baffling at the best of times. Talk that Pardew would have done better this season than Rafa is part of their main ideology and some wont even have realised that the season isn't over yet with promotion well within reach.

Aside from that, tomorrow will see the usual last minute takers and Sunday even more if results go our way. As long as we win, it doesn't matter what happens elsewhere though.

The supporter base is not Newcastle exclusive, or even North East.

The fact the Barnsley game is a weekend, untelivised match but Preston midweek on the telly will be a huge factor.

The Barnsley game is also the final fix of game day for many for three months, and a chance to see the players give a send off.

I get the relevance of each game in so much as the Preston game could and should be decisive in terms of promotion, and the Barnsley game being irrelevant, but i also get people wanting to commit early for the Barnsley game in case of celebration. Same happened in 2010, last game sold out in hours.

Neppos - 22/4/2017 00:47

The fact the Barnsley game is a weekend, untelivised match but Preston midweek on the telly will be a huge factor.

The Barnsley game is also the final fix of game day for many for three months, and a chance to see the players give a send off.

I get the relevance of each game in so much as the Preston game could and should be decisive in terms of promotion, and the Barnsley game being irrelevant, but i also get people wanting to commit early for the Barnsley game in case of celebration. Same happened in 2010, last game sold out in hours.

I was in the Leazes/Milburn corner for the Ipswich game as it was then. Was a massively forgettable damp squib of a 2-2 draw apart from one charva who tried to invade the pitch after Shola's pen.

It'll be the same again if we've nowt to play for.

Get that, and we will probably have nothing to play for again, ie promotion confirmed and Brighton Champs.

I didn't bother the last time after Peterborough away on Easter Saturday.

Neppos - 22/4/2017 00:47

I get the weekend and televised part but just when the team needs us there appears to be apathy. I bet if Huddersfield and Reading lose today and we have a chance of getting promoted on Monday the tickets will sharp disappear.

Before the permutation of us losing the last 2 and them winning them, Reading are academic anyway because if we win on Monday then they can't catch us because of the 30 odd goal swing in our favour.

Oh well, looks like my trip to Cardiff will be meaningless. It could have been another Grimsby!

True Pyrry, been there a couple of times for play off finals back in the day (non Newcastle). Decent night out.