Brighton & Hove Albion-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Vital Football

Brighton & Hove Albion-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

Colin Is The King

Alert Team
Brighton & Hove Albion 3 Manchester City 2
FT Stats
Possession
BHA 63% City 37%
Corners
BHA 5 City 3
Offsides
BHA 3 City 1
Fouls
BHA 13 City 11
Cards
BHA 3 Y City 1 R (Cancelo) 3 Y (B Silva, Rodri, Fernie)
On Target
BHA 6 City 4
Woodwork
BHA 0 City 0
Off Target
BHA 13 City 4 (PL site has 19 BHA shots, City 8 - City OS BHA 4 shots City 2 off target)

Attendance 7,945

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/59256

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/brighton-and-hove-albion-v-manchester-city

20:56
FULL-TIME
Brighton 3-2 Man City

What a noise! Brighton fans are having a party. A famous win for the Seagulls. They've come from 2-0 behind to beat the champions.

21:00
FT: Brighton 3-2 Man City

Pep is not happy. Someone on the City bench has just squared up to Graham Potter. Meanwhile, Robert Sanchez has handed his gloves to a young boy in the crowd. Brighton's fans don't want to go home.

21:06

Incredible scenes. This is Brighton's final home game of the season. What a way to sign off. Home players are still on the pitch a full 10 minutes after full-time applauding the fans. Graham Potter has just thanked supporters over the speakers.

No-one has gone home! It's like a promotion party.

21:17

Brighton's players are still out on the pitch celebrating with their fans. Graham Potter is being interviewed by TV but is struggling to make himself heard.

He's asked a question but cannot hear and tells the interviewer "whatever you say, it's fine."

MuEN
Player Ratings
City XI: Ederson 7, Cancelo* 4, Dias 6, Stones 6, Zinchenko 6, Gundogan**7, Rodrigo 5, Torres*6, Mahrez 7, Bernardo***6, Foden 8
Subs: Garcia*6 Fernandinho **6 Jesus***5

21:17

Brighton's players are still out on the pitch celebrating with their fans. Graham Potter is being interviewed by TV but is struggling to make himself heard.

He's asked a question but cannot hear and tells the interviewer "whatever you say, it's fine."
I'll laugh when they drop next season.

Commentary By Neil Leigh @mancity
21:27
'Tomorrow we will check on Ilkay Gundogan'
Pep on Ilkay Gundogan's injury:
"Tomorrow we will check it. The doctor is quite optimistic.
"Problem is he had a kick and was running in the second half with disturbance. I didn’t want to take a risk, that’s why I did the substitution."

Pep's verdict...👇
Pep on the Joao Cancelo red card:

"I didn’t watch it. I didn’t watch the action from Gundo. I watched it but didn’t see it.

"We have to be more careful and finish games 11 v11. 11v 10 v Brighton is difficult. We have to improve for the final, always we have to finish with 11.

"We have to try to do it."