Brighton & Hove Albion FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 5 | Vital Football

Brighton & Hove Albion FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Our form is starting to drop off at the worst possible time.

If we don't get CL from here all hell will break lose. Even we can't feck this up now can we? :eek!:

I thought Brighton played well especially the keeper. Son, Eriksen, Kane, Lamela and Moura all had chances some better than others. Some selfishness again with Son and Lamela waiting in space for passes in the box which didn't come. Both left stood with arms open asking .....why ?

Time and again we see this though and it is mindnumbing. Make the right damn pass you selfish mindless bastards! Hell it seems like most of our goals lately are coming off blind luck, not clean passing. Don't get me wrong, sometimes you need to be lucky...but I do keep seeing folks not making the simply easy pass when it matters most. (dudes wide open on the spot awaiting a slot back or square and for some retarded reason they never get it. I guess going for goal from the baseline with zero angle is the right idea...stupid)

Apologies....I am still pissed

Selecting a rather hodge-podge team at the business end of the season when there are MILLIONS of £s and CL on the line is what is mind-numbing.

Ok so I've seen all the low lights and I want to put this out there....Is there something going on inside the squad? Harry gets deference from everyone he is clearly "close" to Eriksen and Deli seems very keyed into play "for" Kane. But Son and Lamela what's with that it just never seems to click. Then we have the contract issue with five players who I know for a fact are considering their options. Will these dynamics prevent us pulling together for one final push? It's down to the boss but he really needs to refocus everyone:Toby, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Sisoko,Rose,Alli (all want out new deals or have serious suitors) on the collective over personal wants. Which is a bit tricky when he has allowed the whole side to be dominated by Harry's quest for individual awards. Oh and just sell Aurier and for God sake how bad must Walker-peters be.

Sideways/back passing is normally more a symptom of the opposition sitting really deep and parking a bus. The only way you disrupt their organisation is to keep the ball moving and draw them out through small mistakes. Opposition players may have the instruction to sit and defend but it is human nature for players to be frustrated by it and make mistakes. It's just how big the mistake is. One small mistake can lead to other players over-compensating and making bigger mistakes.

Unfortunately for us against Brighton, our passing wasn't accurate or quick enough to achieve anything. The direction of the passing isn't so much a problem for me as long as it eventually leads to something.

Sideways/back passing is normally more a symptom of the opposition sitting really deep and parking a bus. The only way you disrupt their organisation is to keep the ball moving and draw them out through small mistakes. Opposition players may have the instruction to sit and defend but it is human nature for players to be frustrated by it and make mistakes. It's just how big the mistake is. One small mistake can lead to other players over-compensating and making bigger mistakes.

Unfortunately for us against Brighton, our passing wasn't accurate or quick enough to achieve anything. The direction of the passing isn't so much a problem for me as long as it eventually leads to something.

You are right but the team in possession has to play at a reasonable tempo to force the other team into a mistake. Quite a lot of the time we just play so slow that the mistake just won't ever happen.

You are right but the team in possession has to play at a reasonable tempo to force the other team into a mistake. Quite a lot of the time we just play so slow that the mistake just won't ever happen.

I totally agree with you. That's what I was trying to say, sorry if it didnt come across.

Once again, its our over-reliance on Eriksen and also Dembele. If they don't perform, we dont perform.

Agree Rich , no point bringing him on when you are chasing a goal.

It's the same story with ALL our bench though, unless Son starts on there, it's shocking.

But this chump has been here the longest, 5 years of mediocrity but people keep bigging him up into something that he’s not. Not only did he not score he didn’t appear to have a clue how to.

But this chump has been here the longest, 5 years of mediocrity but people keep bigging him up into something that he’s not. Not only did he not score he didn’t appear to have a clue how to.

He had a good chance to score and struck it well with his right foot. Not only was he in place to score he worked the keeper. No he didn't score but he came damn close which vindicates his substitution . He either went across the keeper or to the keepers left . How much clue do you need ?

He was also in space in the box on goal but didn't receive the pass even though he was better placed to score than Son I think it was who shot.

He had a good chance to score and struck it well with his right foot. Not only was he in place to score he worked the keeper. No he didn't score but he came damn close which vindicates his substitution . He either went across the keeper or to the keepers left . How much clue do you need ?

Vindication of his substitution is him being able to deliver when the situation demanded it, but yet again he isn’t good enough to meet our need. His effort was straight at the keeper and the “closest” to incompetence in front of goal.

The players who didn't pass to him ain't good enough either. He had two good opportunities to score in less than 15 minutes . It was to the keepers left not straight at him. The keeper would have been expecting a shot dragged across him so Lamela tried high and left, possibly the hardest for a right handed keeper. To say he ain't got a clue is nonsense. It was his weaker right foot but we have seen a few attempts from that side from him lately so he is probably working on it in training. He has come back from a potentially career ending condition but he has drawn praise already this season for the difference he makes and option he gives. If anyone could step up against Utd it's him due to his unorthodox play.

Vindication of his substitution is him being able to deliver when the situation demanded it, but yet again he isn’t good enough to meet our need. His effort was straight at the keeper and the “closest” to incompetence in front of goal.

He was there on goal but the keeper saved it. Not many got in position even. Our attackers didn't
Cover themselves in glory at all but let's pick out Lamela.

He was there on goal but the keeper saved it. Not many got in position even. Our attackers didn't
Cover themselves in glory at all but let's pick out Lamela.

He may not be the most technically sound player, but he does give effort. (yes sometimes misguided...but at least he provides it) My issue is the lack of that same fire by others.

6 changes and putting Waynama, Sissoko, & Serge on the pitch at the same time.... the result is not a surprise.