Brighton draw | Vital Football

Brighton draw

Kentbee

Vital Reserves Team
Really disappointed we didn't win that, slightly naïve defending at the end did for us but another classy display nonetheless against a much stronger side than Villa.

Game turned a bit on the penalty miss to be honest as at 3-0 and they would have been buried.

Dean was a man mountain today and ended up in their area a few times as an attacking midfielder which was interesting . Our middle pair of Josh and Woods are a joy to watch at the moment as is Jota who has come back from Spain on fire.

The ending was just crazy stuff but in the end a good point to help consolidate our position in this division.

Gutted, but what a performance, huge effort with skill, pace & passion & GP has its mojo back. Only criticism is that we let them off the hook & they never went away - sign of a promotion team. We now have to win these home games & show fight on the road, the league is tighter this year & we're a bit close to the drop zone for comfort, and we're better than that when we play. Very entertaining game, still breathless. Jota & Sergi will lift us I think, both so infectious & wanting to play.

Felt like a defeat at the end. Jota is a man possessed, he wants the ball all the time, wants to do everything and his levels seemed to have raised everyone else's. Dean was brilliant again.
The atmosphere was superb and the paddock looked back to it's intimidating self. Brighton were a good side but at times were not a nice side, with players like Murray falling over all the time when not touched. He really is lightweight, and the German up front always in the ear of the ref, whinging away every couple of minutes. Don't like that.
Got to say great goal by KK, I've given him enough grief so have to put that right, and say great goal. I've also criticised Woods lately but he was excellent too. Just got to get Bjellend right now. First half he gifted them a one on one and shouted at Nico and second half his poor header was what put us under pressure we never recovered from and led to their third goal.
One thing. As soon as Vibe picked up the ball for the penalty. I lost heart. As Kent says, three nil would have killed them off. We've now missed sixteen out of the last thirty three penalties since King Kev stopped playing. Personally, I'd have let Jota take it.