Briggs Myers Tests | Vital Football

Briggs Myers Tests

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
I took one of those Briggs Myers tests and it nailed me. I'm pretty shocked. I always thought they were akin to star signs.

I'm an architect, by the way.

Will have a look at this later and give it a go BB

Moved to it's own thread, thought it might be interesting and things get lost in the Really Interesting thread.

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
ADVENTURER (ISFP-A)

MIND
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
36% EXTRAVERTED
64% INTROVERTED

ENERGY
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
32% INTUITIVE
68% OBSERVANT

NATURE
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
49% THINKING
51% FEELING

TACTICS
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
47% JUDGING
53% PROSPECTING

IDENTITY
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
74% ASSERTIVE
26% TURBULENT

isfp-adventurer-personality-header.svg

ADVENTURER PERSONALITY (ISFP, -A/-T)
I change during the course of a day. I wake and I’m one person, and when I go to sleep I know for certain I’m somebody else.
Bob Dylan​
Adventurer personalities are true artists, but not necessarily in the typical sense where they’re out painting happy little trees. Often enough though, they are perfectly capable of this. Rather, it’s that they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. Adventurers enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior – chances are, they’ve expressed more than once the phrase “Don’t box me in!”

Happy to Be Who They Are
Adventurers live in a colorful, sensual world, inspired by connections with people and ideas. These personalities take joy in reinterpreting these connections, reinventing and experimenting with both themselves and new perspectives. No other type explores and experiments in this way more. This creates a sense of spontaneity, making Adventurers seem unpredictable, even to their close friends and loved ones.

Despite all this, Adventurers are definitely Introverts, surprising their friends further when they step out of the spotlight to be by themselves to recharge. Just because they are alone though, doesn’t mean people with the Adventurer personality type sit idle – they take this time for introspection, assessing their principles. Rather than dwelling on the past or the future, Adventurers think about who they are. They return from their cloister, transformed.

Adventurers live to find ways to push their passions. Riskier behaviors like gambling and extreme sports are more common with this personality type than with others. Fortunately their attunement to the moment and their environment allows them to do better than most. Adventurers also enjoy connecting with others, and have a certain irresistible charm.

Adventurers always know just the compliment to soften a heart that’s getting ready to call their risks irresponsible or reckless.
However, if a criticism does get through, it can end poorly. Some Adventurers can handle kindly phrased commentary, valuing it as another perspective to help push their passions in new directions. But if the comments are more biting and less mature, Adventurer personalities can lose their tempers in spectacular fashion.

Adventurers are sensitive to others’ feelings and value harmony. When faced with criticism, it can be a challenge for people with this type to step away from the moment long enough to not get caught up in the heat of the moment. But living in the moment goes both ways, and once the heightened emotions of an argument cool, Adventurers can usually call the past the past and move on as though it never occurred.

Meaning Is in Every Expression of Life
The biggest challenge facing Adventurers is planning for the future. Finding constructive ideals to base their goals on and working out goals that create positive principles is no small task. Adventurers don’t plan their futures in terms of assets and retirement. Rather, they plan actions and behaviors as contributions to a sense of identity, building a portfolio of experiences, not stocks.

If these goals and principles are noble, Adventurers can act with amazing charity and selflessness – but it can also happen that people with the Adventurer personality type establish a more self-centered identity, acting with selfishness, manipulation and egoism. It’s important for Adventurers to remember to actively become the person they want to be. Developing and maintaining a new habit may not come naturally, but taking the time each day to understand their motivations allows Adventurers to use their strengths to pursue whatever they’ve come to love.

OK, I've found the description.

Executives are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the Executive personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, Executives often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

I did like this bit - Executives are aware of their surroundings and live in a world of clear, verifiable facts. Does that sound familiar? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not sure it's got me at all. It keeps saying I'm kind and creative.

I like to think I'm kind, but I don't have a creative bone in my body, other than when I change the lyrics to songs to make them rude.

ADVENTURER (ISFP-A)

MIND
36% EXTRAVERTED
64% INTROVERTED

ENERGY
32% INTUITIVE
68% OBSERVANT

NATURE
49% THINKING
51% FEELING

TACTICS
47% JUDGING
53% PROSPECTING

IDENTITY
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
74% ASSERTIVE
26% TURBULENT

isfp-adventurer-personality-header.svg

ADVENTURER PERSONALITY (ISFP, -A/-T)
I change during the course of a day. I wake and I’m one person, and when I go to sleep I know for certain I’m somebody else.​
Bob Dylan​
Adventurer personalities are true artists, but not necessarily in the typical sense where they’re out painting happy little trees. Often enough though, they are perfectly capable of this. Rather, it’s that they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. Adventurers enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior – chances are, they’ve expressed more than once the phrase “Don’t box me in!”

Happy to Be Who They Are
Adventurers live in a colorful, sensual world, inspired by connections with people and ideas. These personalities take joy in reinterpreting these connections, reinventing and experimenting with both themselves and new perspectives. No other type explores and experiments in this way more. This creates a sense of spontaneity, making Adventurers seem unpredictable, even to their close friends and loved ones.

Despite all this, Adventurers are definitely Introverts, surprising their friends further when they step out of the spotlight to be by themselves to recharge. Just because they are alone though, doesn’t mean people with the Adventurer personality type sit idle – they take this time for introspection, assessing their principles. Rather than dwelling on the past or the future, Adventurers think about who they are. They return from their cloister, transformed.

Adventurers live to find ways to push their passions. Riskier behaviors like gambling and extreme sports are more common with this personality type than with others. Fortunately their attunement to the moment and their environment allows them to do better than most. Adventurers also enjoy connecting with others, and have a certain irresistible charm.

Adventurers always know just the compliment to soften a heart that’s getting ready to call their risks irresponsible or reckless.
However, if a criticism does get through, it can end poorly. Some Adventurers can handle kindly phrased commentary, valuing it as another perspective to help push their passions in new directions. But if the comments are more biting and less mature, Adventurer personalities can lose their tempers in spectacular fashion.

Adventurers are sensitive to others’ feelings and value harmony. When faced with criticism, it can be a challenge for people with this type to step away from the moment long enough to not get caught up in the heat of the moment. But living in the moment goes both ways, and once the heightened emotions of an argument cool, Adventurers can usually call the past the past and move on as though it never occurred.

Meaning Is in Every Expression of Life
The biggest challenge facing Adventurers is planning for the future. Finding constructive ideals to base their goals on and working out goals that create positive principles is no small task. Adventurers don’t plan their futures in terms of assets and retirement. Rather, they plan actions and behaviors as contributions to a sense of identity, building a portfolio of experiences, not stocks.

If these goals and principles are noble, Adventurers can act with amazing charity and selflessness – but it can also happen that people with the Adventurer personality type establish a more self-centered identity, acting with selfishness, manipulation and egoism. It’s important for Adventurers to remember to actively become the person they want to be. Developing and maintaining a new habit may not come naturally, but taking the time each day to understand their motivations allows Adventurers to use their strengths to pursue whatever they’ve come to love.

I never had you down as introverted, though. Interesting it came out with that.

I think a persons online persona is very different to their real life one.

On here I'm brash and opinionated. In real life I'm far more reserved and find it difficult striking up conversation with people I don't know well. I can be the life and soul when around friends, but in unfamilar surroundings with unfamiliar people I like to just sink into the background.

I think a persons online persona is very different to their real life one.

On here I'm brash and opinionated. In real life I'm far more reserved and find it difficult striking up conversation with people I don't know well. I can be the life and soul when around friends, but in unfamilar surroundings with unfamiliar people I like to just sink into the background.

You are so right. I had you down as a real lads lad.

This is not far off if I am honest...

DEFENDER (ISFJ-T)
We are born not just for ourselves.

Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement

MIND
17% EXTRAVERTED
83% INTROVERTED

ENERGY
20% INTUITIVE
80% OBSERVANT

NATURE
28% THINKING
72% FEELING

TACTICS
69% JUDGING
31% PROSPECTING

IDENTITY
39% ASSERTIVE
61% TURBULENT

The Defender personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though sensitive, Defenders have excellent analytical abilities; though reserved, they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are generally a conservative type, Defenders are often receptive to change and new ideas. As with so many things, people with the Defender personality type are more than the sum of their parts, and it is the way they use these strengths that defines who they are.

Defenders are true altruists, meeting kindness with kindness-in-excess and engaging the work and people they believe in with enthusiasm and generosity.

Defender personalities (especially Turbulent ones) are often meticulous to the point of perfectionism, and though they procrastinate, they can always be relied on to get the job done on time. Defenders take their responsibilities personally, consistently going above and beyond, doing everything they can to exceed expectations and delight others, at work and at home.

LOL. It may not surprise you to know I'm the exact opposite. One of my ex girlfriends used to hate it. We'd go to a party and I wouldn't speak to her all night, choosing to speak to complete strangers instead.