Brice samba, superstar | Vital Football

Brice samba, superstar

radfordinlondon

Vital Football Legend
Thought he deserved his own fred. Here is the place to wax lyrical abo

Lets face it none of us thought we needed a keeper until he came into the team. Now none of us would know where to start without him.

He needs a proper chant

Since he has jesus like power to save, to the tune of jesus christ superstar-

Brice samba, superstar
Hes got the reflex of a jaguar

Yes i have had a drink or some

He is one cool dude, built like a brick shithouse and quality to boot.

The way he ambles up to the ball when taking a freekick and drops it onto a sixpence over 50 yards is a delight.

Probably pissed off city haven't recalled him and he's been snapped in his Y-fronts.

Probably pissed off city haven't recalled him and he's been snapped in his Y-fronts.
Probably he asking himself... from which hell this Samba sneaked out...the chance is that if we didnt have Samba, Muric would still be playing with an unknown outcome...

From the excellent EFL stats on twitter. The admin later fully agrees with this outcome, and points to Samba making 7 saves against Derby.
Screenshot_20191110-162623_Twitter.jpg

He reminds me of a modern day David Seaman. IMO he's good enough for PL top half first choice.

I used to be a GK in a pro youth academy (but not good enough) so I've been observing him closely. I've been watching Forest since 1990 and think he's our best GK in that time period and really rated Crossley, Beasant and to a lesser extent Camp, De Vries, Wright and Gerrard but think he's better than all of them.

Crossley is a close call though.

You have to say he has done well since he came in. He is very assured and calm on the ball, which in turn give confidence to those around him. They obviously trust him to deliver the ball and I've been impressed with his distribution.
There were two things that caught my eye yesterday with his performance. The first was the deflected save from Lawrence. Admittedly a larger deflection and it would have a goal, but the reactions to adjust in mid air and to push the ball to safety was very good. Didn't get enough praise.
The second was also in the first half when I think Martin had beaten the offside and was heading for the corner of the box. Samba was not in shot and then suddenly was there to pick the ball up and snuff the threat out. It may have looked more dramatic on TV, but it was the decision making. He waited until he knew the defender could not get there and then claimed.
Long may his form continue, and despite us all wondering why SL wanted him as we already have four / five keepers, I think for the money and the age of Samba it was well worth the purchase.

Goalkeepers don't tend to fetch that much money so couldn't see us getting more than 10m for him whilst in the Championship, so might as well try to hang on to him even if the bids come in.

Goalkeepers don't tend to fetch that much money so couldn't see us getting more than 10m for him whilst in the Championship, so might as well try to hang on to him even if the bids come in.

May i remind you that stoke wanted 30m for Butland and i think Samba is better, yes Butland played in the top flight but you can see the difference between the two for sure.

I am sure that Stoke got offered something like 20m and turned it down but would have to check this.