Brian Little - My Aston Villa | Vital Football

Brian Little - My Aston Villa

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
For those interested (which will be all of you, obviously)...

New book coming out by 'He Who Walks on Water'.

In his new publication ‘Brian Little - My Aston Villa’, the player who many supporters still claim ‘walks on water’, and also the last Villa manager to win a major trophy for the club, gives an intriguing insight into his life and times at the world-famous club.

Along with co-writer, and former Midlands sports reporter Peter White, he charts his days as a Villa player, his England call-up, his enforced early retirement, working in the Aston Villa club shop, being youth team coach, later the manager, and now club ambassador, informal adviser to the board, and even match day co-commentator for the Aston Villa website.

https://www.officialbrianlittle.com/

Pre-order here: https://py.pl/zaIfe

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 11.34.27.png

In the summer of 2019 my grandfather who has recently passed away celebrated his 90th birthday and after my aunt had met him at a book signing Brian Little agreed to come to my aunts house where we were having his birthday party and basically have a chat with him and us for a couple of hours.

For pretty much everyone there he was their favourite Villa player, my dad especially and for me the best manager we've had in my lifetime. Needless to say he was an absolute gentleman, answered all our questions and really came across as a lovely guy.

Looking forward to reading this.

After reading the initial post above, I spent a while thinking, "I didn't realise that Peter Withe had been a Midlands sports reporter". Dummy 🤣

In the summer of 2019 my grandfather who has recently passed away celebrated his 90th birthday and after my aunt had met him at a book signing Brian Little agreed to come to my aunts house where we were having his birthday party and basically have a chat with him and us for a couple of hours.

For pretty much everyone there he was their favourite Villa player, my dad especially and for me the best manager we've had in my lifetime. Needless to say he was an absolute gentleman, answered all our questions and really came across as a lovely guy.

Brilliant that. What a nice thing to do.

Is he available for anyone else's birthday party? Can't believe he stayed for 2hrs - are you sure you didn't kidnap him :lol:. Amazing story JW and thanks for sharing. Didn't think Sir Brian could go up any further in my estimations, but you just made it happen.

Magician. One of those special players you would just dream of going to see, wondering what he might do. Those unforgettable evenings at Highbury and Old Trafford are legendary. As for December 15'th 1976 - well that night, if you were one of the 42,851 who saw it, and I was, you will probably agree that it was the greatest football ever seen and Sir Brian Little was instrumental. I first saw him in the FA Youth Cup games in 1972. Such a tragedy that injury cut things so dramatically short. I would say that if today was actually 45 years ago, no-one could even afford to buy his boots. He does indeed walk on water - thank you for all those memories. Needless to say his genius was almost totally ignored by the idiots in charge of the England setup - he got just minutes against the Welsh and saved the game. Since 1967 there have been some truly wonderful players, but Sir Brian Little tops my list everyday. He was so special.

Last edited:
Magician. One of those special players you would just dream of going to see, wondering what he might do. Those unforgettable evenings at Highbury and Old Trafford are legendary. As for December 15'th 1976 - well that night, if you were one of the 42,851 who saw it, and I was, you will probably agree that it was the greatest football ever seen and Sir Brian Little was instrumental. I first saw him in the FA Youth Cup games in 1972. Such a tragedy that injury cut things so dramatically short. I would say that if today was actually 45 years ago, no-one could even afford to buy his boots. He does indeed walk on water - thank you for all those memories. Needless to say his genius was almost totally ignored by the idiots in charge of the England setup - he got just minutes against the Welsh and saved the game. Since 1967 there have been some truly wonderful players, but Sir Brian Little tops my list everyday. He was so special.

Oh what a night, 15 December 1976! Little, Gray, Deehan simply sensational.