Brexit's a memory/nightmare, but look what we've won/lost ! | Page 4 | Vital Football

Brexit's a memory/nightmare, but look what we've won/lost !

Thanks hindleymonwafc I get your drift! As regards the passport I would think they will all be blue ones now but obviously no guarantees. Applied for mine on 21st January and got it on 3rd Feb. Be careful with the photo they rejected my first one so I just sent another and that was OK. If you apply online they describe exactly the requirements needed so take care with that. My son in law applied for 2 for the grand kids about 10 days before me and they both got blue ones as well.

Thanks hindleymonwafc I get your drift! As regards the passport I would think they will all be blue ones now but obviously no guarantees. Applied for mine on 21st January and got it on 3rd Feb. Be careful with the photo they rejected my first one so I just sent another and that was OK. If you apply online they describe exactly the requirements needed so take care with that. My son in law applied for 2 for the grand kids about 10 days before me and they both got blue ones as well.

Cheers pal...I have about 7 years left on my current one but I'm so desperate to get my hands on my new blue one that I will just write that off.

Cheers pal...I have about 7 years left on my current one but I'm so desperate to get my hands on my new blue one that I will just write that off.

One of the questions is along the lines of "Is your old passport lost or damaged" If damaged you would have to send it in. They return it to you with the corners cut off so effectively cancelled. I would imagine if you said it was lost there would be a lot off why / where / when questions to answer.

Be careful it doesn't find its way into the washing machine by accident;);)

One of the questions is along the lines of "Is your old passport lost or damaged" If damaged you would have to send it in. They return it to you with the corners cut off so effectively cancelled. I would imagine if you said it was lost there would be a lot off why / where / when questions to answer.

Be careful it doesn't find its way into the washing machine by accident;);)

What me and the wife will probably do is have a day out in Scouseland and go in person to the passport office with the old one and explain my situation. It takes about 4 hours to process and costs more than standard but who cares so I'll take her on the ferry ( not literally BTW ) have a bit of dinner and a drink etc. Job's a good un.

Edit for clarity and personal safety reasons the " old one " i refer taking to the passport office is not the wife but the hated burgundy passport....gulp.

Last edited:
Message to Tenfut...you are wasting your time with these Japanese in the Jungle types, unaware the war is over so leave them to it....it's so not worth it mate....

Hey up. Not sure if this is you fishing (like on the match thread) or not ...... but be wary, the industry's been stiffed with the government's half baked trade deal.

Any road, I'd have thought Tenfut was big enough and ugly enough to choose his own battles ........ and similarly, tete a tetes.

We've already discussed your "war is over" point (John Lennon did it better), ...... you don't write for the Mail, Express or Telegraph by any chance do you?

For me, I'm simply commenting on the implementation of the sunny uplands. I see Liz got us a trade deal with Albania the other day. Such a shame Norman Wisdom didn't live to see it.

Hold on a minute.

Initially, you didn't provide a link to an article.

You then referenced an article, .............. which I (reasonably) presumed had to be the one I'd provided.

If you're now referencing stuff from elsewhere, then fair enough I suppose........ but that's summat different.

Just cos Eustice says the EU had been clear doesn't remotely mean that he's telling the truth. I think a fair man would agree that the government has a track record (in a number of areas) of not always telling a truthful story.

So ........apology accepted ........even though you didn't offer one ......... I inferred it ..... in the same way as Eustice inferred the assurances from the EU.

;)

Seems like UK bureaucracy may start to mirror that in the EU. Licences for EU vessels to fish in UK waters may suddenly take considerably longer to process than usual. Imagine that

Furthermore using the Brexit fund money, UK fleets are reportedly going to upgraded to be more eco friendly with better equipment - meaning new legislation can be put on the books to ensure EU vessels meet the same improved standards before being allowed to fish in UK waters. EU seem so concerned about standards I doubt they’ll object. 😉

So now you’re unhappy about us increasing environmental standards and replicating EU bureaucracy levels? I thought you’d be happy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Still having problems with your reading I see. ;)

My disdain with the action was with any action taken to create any unnecessary delays ....... just out of (it would seem) spite.

There's an adult way of doing business, and there's a childish way.

I see Gove is now repeating Johnson's comment re the option of triggering Article 16 ..................... even though they slagged off the EU for doing - and immediately rescinding - it.

Notwithstanding what Tenfut implies and Hindley states (though no names mentioned) I'll be happy if we can make a success of leaving. I'd be stupid not to. Even if we are to get back in at some point, it would be a minimum of 6 years away (new government, new referendum), so why would anyone want us to be suffering in the meantime?

For me, it's the complete hypocrisy between the promises and the dawning reality (Project Fear?) that most pisses me off. Oh, and the war analogies of course.

Still having problems with your reading I see. ;)

My disdain with the action was with any action taken to create any unnecessary delays ....... just out of (it would seem) spite.

There's an adult way of doing business, and there's a childish way.

I see Gove is now repeating Johnson's comment re the option of triggering Article 16 ..................... even though they slagged off the EU for doing - and immediately rescinding - it.

Notwithstanding what Tenfut implies and Hindley states (though no names mentioned) I'll be happy if we can make a success of leaving. I'd be stupid not to. Even if we are to get back in at some point, it would be a minimum of 6 years away (new government, new referendum), so why would anyone want us to be suffering in the meantime?

For me, it's the complete hypocrisy between the promises and the dawning reality (Project Fear?) that most pisses me off. Oh, and the war analogies of course.

Funny you mention war analogies, as it seems the EU believe they are fighting one. Remoaners seem to enjoy any - let’s say underhand behaviour from the EU. UK reciprocates, or proposes to, and they are up in arms.

As you say there is an adult way of doing business and a childish way. But it works both ways. If the EU are happy with dragging their heels then they can’t complain when the UK does likewise. They’ve been banging on about standards for years, so they can’t complain if we make vessels more environmentally friendly and insist they do likewise if they wish access to our waters to protect our environment. It would be childish if we made it policy a month before the French Presidential elections for example.

As for article 16, I’m sure you’re aware that under the procedures a months notice of intent is required (not sure von der liar did) to allow any issues to be resolved. I suspect there will be significant political pressure on both sides to find one should that be the case. I’m sure there will be more clarity on this following tomorrow’s meeting.

As for rejoining, that just isn’t happening, though I’m glad to read you are keen to see the country make a success of it.

Long sigh ...........

I can't for the life of me see how the EU seem to think they're fighting one. That seems like a response from the "you're an idiot ..... no, you're an idiot" playbook ! Happy for you to point out any underhand EU actions. The one you did the other day turned out to be nothing of the sort ........ just a cock up (or oversight) from our lot.

"Remoaners"? Why? We both know it's childish.......... and a little pathetic.

I agree doing business in an adult-like manner works both ways, though the example you're using isn't a great one. In principle, of course the EU should want to improve standards, but the way we're going about it seems a little surreptitious at best.

The point re Article 16 was simply to highlight the hypocrisy of the government crying like a baby when the EU initiated it (before immediately reversing that decision) while both Johnson and Gove have used it as a threat when they think it's advantageous.

I'm not so certain about the rejoining .......... much of the youth of today are a lot more global in their view, and don't share the same (insular?) attitude of some of those who voted to leave ........... but I've conceded that it wouldn't be for years ..... so yes, of course we have to make this work. Let's hope the government (and the EU) try.

One way might be to stop referring to others by petty names.

Does that suggestion include your good self?

Just asking.

Does that suggestion include your good self?

Just asking.

Of course. Absolutely it does ........ though I think you'll struggle to find me being guilty of that Tenfut.

Let me be clear though ....... calling out politicians for their incompetence, for being two faced, or for simply not telling the truth wasn't my point. It was the petty names toward those who voted whichever way.

Though I voted to remain, I believe the only thing I'm moaning about is the piss-poor implementation of (let me remember)........... the easiest deal ever, and the seamless transition to the sunny uplands, where we hold all the cards.

I think my view is fairly reasonable. I've said, honestly, that I want this to work. I don't think it will ever be as good as what we had, but that's a completely separate (and for the time being, irrelevant) point.

It seems to me that the ones who voted to leave are blaming those who voted to remain for the inability of the government to deliver on all of their promises, and for any problems with which they are presented.

Note - this is a general point, and not one directed at posters on here.

Now yes, he may well be a bit of a tw@ when it come to WMD etc, but bugger me, he wasn't wrong here.

It's so bloody simple. How on earth has Johnson been allowed to lie about it, get away with those lies, get MPs to vote for a deal that doesn't solve the issue, and now, have people moaning that a solution needs to be found !

I know I'm probably overdoing this, but I don't apologise for it.

Project Fear? Yep, there's little doubt that some negative impacts of leaving were maybe exaggerated beforehand. However, what about the downright lies?

I really really don't understand how our PM has the gall to continue as if nothing has happened.

It seems as if the right wing press are just about ready to turn on the Tory party - or rather, the Leave campaign at least - for either:
- making a complete "dog's breakfast" of summat that was supposed to be so easy and so beneficial, or
- patently lying about stuff they knew not to be true.

I'm not sure which I'd rather be known as ..... thick, or a liar. Not to worry though ... many of the ERG lot seem to pull off both (at the same time) with aplomb.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...ports-ban-eu-news-labour-party-kirkella-defra