Brexit's a memory/nightmare, but look what we've won/lost ! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brexit's a memory/nightmare, but look what we've won/lost !

It's now up to journalists to hold the Government to account. Our current predicament re NI was always going to happen. Everyone knew it. The problem was that Johnson lied about it. (See post above). Gove isn't lying ...... hence his letter to the EU.

It's also incumbent on intelligent supporters of us leaving acknowledge that none of this is unexpected. It's also incumbent on them not to fall for the government's passing of the blame to the EU ........... even though the EU made a complete horlicks of the first major test of the new protocol.

This succinctly summarises the issues facing us ....... or rather, facing the government and the DUP. They've put it off for long enough. They know no shame, but it's getting to the point where they've nowhere left to to run to.

It's now up to journalists to hold the Government to account. Our current predicament re NI was always going to happen. Everyone knew it. The problem was that Johnson lied about it. (See post above). Gove isn't lying ...... hence his letter to the EU.

It's also incumbent on intelligent supporters of us leaving acknowledge that none of this is unexpected. It's also incumbent on them not to fall for the government's passing of the blame to the EU ........... even though the EU made a complete horlicks of the first major test of the new protocol.

This succinctly summarises the issues facing us ....... or rather, facing the government and the DUP. They've put it off for long enough. They know no shame, but it's getting to the point where they've nowhere left to to run to.

:yawning::yawning::yawning:

It may bore you Tenfut, but it's not wrong, is it.

Johnson and the government lied. He left with May's deal (in this aspect) yet didn't have the balls to admit it.

Everyone (even on here) said this would happen. Johnson's claims of no tariffs, no checks and no new paperwork were either shameless lies, or unforgivable ignorance.

The choice is yours.

It may bore you Tenfut, but it's not wrong, is it.

Johnson and the government lied. He left with May's deal (in this aspect) yet didn't have the balls to admit it.

Everyone (even on here) said this would happen. Johnson's claims of no tariffs, no checks and no new paperwork were either shameless lies, or unforgivable ignorance.

The choice is yours.

Too many brexiteers have never understood what the EU is all about., especially the SEM. They need to read up on the theory of comparative advantage and the role of Perfect Competition in markets.

What did Keir Starmer say about the European Medicines Agency?
By Reality Check
In an exchange over coronavirus, Boris Johnson said that, when it came to vaccinations, Sir Keir Starmer "wanted to stay in the European Medicines Agency [EMA] and said so four times from that dispatch box".
The EMA has been slower to approve Covid vaccines for the EU than UK regulators.
The Labour leader denied this: "The prime minister knows I've never said that from this dispatch box or anywhere else, but the truth escapes him."
We've found two occasions when he did speak up in favour of the EMA. They were from 2017 and made in the context of the ongoing Brexit debate back then.
For example in January 2017, Sir Keir said in a parliamentary speech: "Why would we want to be outside the European Medicines Agency, which ensures that all medicines in the EU market are safe and effective?"

Now who is the liar?

No question, Starmer was wrong there Tenfut.

So, that's one to Starmer ......... but still a way to go to catch up to Johnson and his hundreds - or possibly thousands - of lies.

I wouldn't mind so much if those lies weren't now ruining the lives of those who believed him when he came out with his bullshit. People who are now losing jobs, business, livelihoods. All because they believed someone was telling them the truth, when he knew that he wasn't.

Duplicitous arsehole.

No question, Starmer was wrong there Tenfut.

So, that's one to Starmer ......... but still a way to go to catch up to Johnson and his hundreds - or possibly thousands - of lies.

I wouldn't mind so much if those lies weren't now ruining the lives of those who believed him when he came out with his bullshit. People who are now losing jobs, business, livelihoods. All because they believed someone was telling them the truth, when he knew that he wasn't.

Duplicitous arsehole.

But you chose to sweep that one under the carpet and say nowt.

But you chose to sweep that one under the carpet and say nowt.

Erm ........ I've acknowledged it, after you pointed it out.

How about you acknowledging any of the blatant untruths Johnson has come out with ....... whether they be Brexit related, Covid related, or just about any other subject you wish to choose related.

There's no comparison between the integrity of the two men.

Erm ........ I've acknowledged it, after you pointed it out.

How about you acknowledging any of the blatant untruths Johnson has come out with ....... whether they be Brexit related, Covid related, or just about any other subject you wish to choose related.

There's no comparison between the integrity of the two men.

Yes you acknowledged it but only after it was highlighted. Had that been the PM you would have been on it like a shot.

Yes you acknowledged it but only after it was highlighted. Had that been the PM you would have been on it like a shot.

Tenfut, I think you should be honest with yourself. You're not exactly a shining example of being "fair" to both sides.

You've managed to find an example of the LotO contradicting himself. Congratulations.

However, if you expect me to search out for further examples from him, you'll have a long wait ........................ though I'll be only too happy to acknowledge them if you yourself (or others) should highlight them.

However, I'm still waiting for any kind of acknowledgement from yourself (or anyone else) that Johnson lied his way through the referendum, then the leadership contest, then the election, then the transition, then the pandemic, and now, the final withdrawal.

What Johnson has done and said with regard to NI is nothing short of disgraceful.

I'll await your acknowledgement of this.

Tenfut, I think you should be honest with yourself. You're not exactly a shining example of being "fair" to both sides.

You've managed to find an example of the LotO contradicting himself. Congratulations.

However, if you expect me to search out for further examples from him, you'll have a long wait ........................ though I'll be only too happy to acknowledge them if you yourself (or others) should highlight them.

However, I'm still waiting for any kind of acknowledgement from yourself (or anyone else) that Johnson lied his way through the referendum, then the leadership contest, then the election, then the transition, then the pandemic, and now, the final withdrawal.

What Johnson has done and said with regard to NI is nothing short of disgraceful.

I'll await your acknowledgement of this.

I couldn't care less whether you search for further examples or not. To be perfectly honest I have absolutely no interest in politics whatsoever. I would rather cut my lawn in the pouring rain with a pair of nails scissors than be interested in political issues. I have no views on such issues as I can't change anything so just accept what comes.(unlike some on this board) However I do consider myself to be a man of fair play and as such would treat everyone the same whether to criticise or praise, whereas you have your favourites and are selective with your criticism.
Nine of the last ten threads in off topic have been started by you and nearly all are critical of BJ and his government. When I see a new post and note that is written by you I mostly don't bother to read it because I know that it will just be more of the same. That is what I find to be boring. I do however respect your right to post as you please as I am sure you would with me.

I will add that your posts on the various football threads are (mainly) interesting, balanced and with a perception of seeing both sides of the debate especially so on the admin threads. Well done for that.

Anyway thats my rant over, just had my Covid jab ( you know the one promised by Feb 15) I suppose Steptoe would have had it all done and dusted by the end of January;)

Final bit of good news, received my new blue passport earlier this week.
Happy days.

Just as a matter of interest Tenfut ............ how come you've never said the same to MiW, or Hampton, or any of the others who were having pops at Starmer, Corbyn, Sturgeon, and other non-Tory politicians?

My digs at Johnson are more about his lies than his politics. There are (or were at least) plenty of Conservative politicians who I have a lot of time for. It just so happens he's not one of them.

Just to pick you up on your "None of the last ten" comment.......... that's absolutely not correct...........unless of course, it's measured by Johnson's level of truthfulness !

4 are critical of Johnson & the government - Nightmare, bloody mess, shite, lies

1 was actually praising him and the government - Trying their best

4 were nowt to do with Johnson and the government - Trump, fun, moan abart, continuation, ......... .though the moaning thread may have digressed onto the subject.

So, "nearly all are critical of BJ and his government" is clearly wrong.

Given you've absolutely no interest in politics Tenfut, I have to say, I'm surprised that bother to a) read, and then b) comment on the threads. It seems a strange way of showing that you have no interest. ;)

Ta for the comments re posts on the main forum.

Glad you've got your jab too. There's no doubt, Hancock et al have done a good job there ............... but it would be remiss of me to say that it's about time they've got something right. 100k dead when, if I recollect rightly, around 40k deaths were expected in a "worst case" scenario, is an astonishing level of failure.

As for the passport ......... what a shame it's not remotely as powerful, or gives you as much freedom and access as the EU one did.

:cheers:

It actually says Nine of the last ten threads were started by you which absolutely is true. I'll concede on the nearly all bit and change that to at least half.

(a) As I said I don't read them anymore as the similarity became boring.

(b) Unless there is a rule I don't know about I thought that I could comment as and when I choose to do so.

As for the passport, I have had a blue one before and that got me anywhere I wanted to go both near and far.

Cheers to you ( maybe when all this pandemic is over we could have a pint in the Brown Cow / Windmill /Farmers Arms assuming they still exist) I could tell you some interesting / funny stories about my times at WAFC which I won't put on here.

Yeah, sorry Tenfut, "none" was obviously a typo ........should have been "nine".

My point re the accuracy though was with regard to the "nearly all" part of the comment...........and even though you've changed it to "at least half", given that I've shown it's only 4 out of nine, it's still incorrect.

I must say, you've not done a great job of "not reading" this particular thread! ....... though of course, you can absolutely comment whenever, and however you wish. The more the better from my point of view........... though my point still stands ...... it still seems strange that you would want to read about and comment on something in which you have "absolutely no interest".

As for the pubs, the Windmill's been gone a few years now, though the Cow and Farmers are (or at least, were) still going strong. Not sure if you're interested in cricket, but our ground's a lovely place to have a drink on a nice day ........ it's looking like we have a chance of getting a full season in at the moment, though there's obviously time for that to go tits up !

(y)

"Every cloud" as the saying goes. Maybe the fewer of our drivers transiting France at the moment the better. Don't want our boys being stranded.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-express/20210208/282342567530498

Come on Tenfut. You really need to up your game. posting an opinion piece from the Express is hardly news. As is that publications wont (as well as that of others I should add), bringing up a reference to a war which ended over 75 years ago is quite embarrassing, and really illustrates what Brexit was all about for many.

More than happy for you to counter my critical view of what's happening, but please, do it with some facts, or a decent news piece, rather than opinionated rubbish like that.

Be interesting to see who's telling the truth. No smoke without fire ? .....

I wonder who posted that!!