Brexit update... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Brexit update...

What’s bothering me more than anything is remainer mps spouting off it’s the end of brexit,they’re goin to be in for a shock cos if it is it’s the end of democracy as we know it. Every one of those members should resign they were given one job by the people
So far they’ve failed

It would be a stunning abdication of their responsibility to carry out the wishes of the people, justified only because they believe that the people made the wrong choice.

As for May, how anyone could support here in the VoNC today? She's overseen this complete debacle, negotiated a deal that NO-ONE wants, and now this is plain as the wart on her chin, she has no plan other than to hold on to it in the hope that something, somehow, it will turn out okay.

Very interesting evidence from David Davies the former Brexit Secretary in Committee this afternoon. So far he has pretty much confirmed what we all suspected, that it was a buggers muddle brought about by people who had little interest in the whole thing working. Of particular interest is that the Civil Service were asked to produce plans for if there was a Remain vote, but nothing at all for a Leave vote. That's right, our leaders didn't even consider having someone look at and come up with some ideas about what might happen if they lost the referendum. The arrogance is stunning. How out of touch can these people be..??

On the other hand, Labour's position is still largely unstated, a source of some frustration. Its fine saying that May is stubbornly failing to engage the opposition to bring about a deal we can all support, but Corbyn seems to want to ride all the horses at one time. I notice that that arse Chukka Umunna has been talking about the votes of the young, and gave this stunning quote

"If we fail to fulfill what people were expecting, then I don’t think we will ever be forgiven by those younger generations. "

Presumably then, the older generations can go feck themselves.

Very interesting evidence from David Davies the former Brexit Secretary in Committee this afternoon. So far he has pretty much confirmed what we all suspected, that it was a buggers muddle brought about by people who had little interest in the whole thing working. Of particular interest is that the Civil Service were asked to produce plans for if there was a Remain vote, but nothing at all for a Leave vote. That's right, our leaders didn't even consider having someone look at and come up with some ideas about what might happen if they lost the referendum. The arrogance is stunning. How out of touch can these people be..??

On the other hand, Labour's position is still largely unstated, a source of some frustration. Its fine saying that May is stubbornly failing to engage the opposition to bring about a deal we can all support, but Corbyn seems to want to ride all the horses at one time. I notice that that arse Chukka Umunna has been talking about the votes of the young, and gave this stunning quote

"If we fail to fulfill what people were expecting, then I don’t think we will ever be forgiven by those younger generations. "

Presumably then, the older generations can go feck themselves.
According to that wise old sage jamelia we can she wants the vote taken off of old people cos they won’t have to live through the consequences. Some of the stuff I’ve heard this week beggars belief

According to that wise old sage jamelia we can she wants the vote taken off of old people cos they won’t have to live through the consequences. Some of the stuff I’ve heard this week beggars belief

Maybe, just maybe, the old crusty's have noticed that this lie is very much like the last lie, and the one before that, and that tying ourselves even further to a corrupt and bureaucratic gravy train like the EU could actually be a bad thing for the all important young people of this nation?? For sure Justin and Cressida can go and work in Barcelona like they always dreamed, but the price we all pay for freedoms for the middle class elite is way too high.

I suspected the 'No Deal' option would end up being portrayed as worse than us all falling into hell, but that too is a fallacy. The thing with 'no deal' is that we then go and use the WTO trading relationships just like 93% of the world. This isn't 'uncharted territory' as May would have us believe. It is the way that the overwhelming majority of countries trade with each other.

What a load of cock. I now cant work out which politicians are telling lies because of party political reasons, which are telling lies because of personal interests, and which are just plain idiots who have bought the lie.

It's funny watching the unelected Eurocrats in Brussels requesting in one breath 'the UK Government should tell us what they want', and in the next stating the 'withdrawal agreement can't be renegotiated'. Pointless.

Last night's vote took us closer to a no deal clean exit. I bet Gina Miller's kicking her sen. xD

Beast of Bolsover and the Worksop MP ignoring the whip and voting against the Islington dinner party that goes by the name of the British Labour Party. It was good to see Cooper ang Grieve with egg on their faces.

Tw*t Tusk says "brexiteers can all rot in a special place in hell".
Whats the rust bucket got to do with it.....

The longer this drags on the more I wish for us to leave without a deal so in a yrs time we can say to the soothsayers of doom look we’re still here and trading with everyone :finger:

Its new really interesting to see how the various factions are splintering off the main parties. Its also interesting to see Nissan and Honda's closures being blamed on Brexit, not the massive global overproduction of cars. Project fear is still in full swing. Remember 93% of the worlds goods are traded under WTO rules outside of the EU's customs union. This is not 'a step into the unknown'.

Last edited:
Its new really interesting to see how the various factions are splintering off the main parties. Its also interesting to see Nissan and Honda's closures being blamed on Brexit, not the massive global overproduction of cars. Project fear is still in full swing. Remember 93% of the worlds goods are traded under WTO rules outside of the EU's customs union. This is not 'a step into the unknown'.
Project Fear..........live, well and kicking.

BBC News this week managed to mention the rise in people employed and, after a convoluted explanation, blamed it on Brexit.

The longer this drags on the more I wish for us to leave without a deal so in a yrs time we can say to the soothsayers of doom look we’re still here and trading with everyone :finger:
You must have to be a special type of idiot to qualify as an MP.
How can they not see that, by voting to ban a 'no deal' being passed, they are tying the hands of those negotiating?

The EU need to come to the table with ideas too not just posture and wait for us to come up with solutions for what are also their problems , but, no, the majority 650 see fit to tie the hands of those negotiating.

Short term pain will lead to long term gain ( and I originally voted to remain but feel that the EU unelected officials are taking the piss and our media sides with them!!!!

So... Labour has announced its position on a second referendum. In part I suspect this is just to tie poor owd Teresa May in yet another knot, but it is also Corbyn trying to head off the pro-EU members of his party, as the hateful Cameron did with his anti-EU MP's. But, the clamour goes on, with MP's across the spectrum from No deal leave - to 'lets have another vote and see if we can get the answer right this time', all firmly entrenched in their positions and going nowhere.

May can't get her MP's to come into line, and she has presided over this complete Tory made arseburger, yet amazingly she is 10pts ahead in the latest polls. Corbyn hasn't laid a glove on her. I would ask if Labour has ever had a less able leader, but of course there are many to choose from for that title. If anyone comes out of this process with the minutest confident in our politicians then they have a lot more than me.

I've had a bit of time off from Brexit and the complete mess that parliament is making of the whole thing (thanks Dave...). In fact there was time for swivel eyed Farage to form a new party and win the European Elections hands down. So I guess we should ask, 'was this a peoples vote, or not..?'

I can't say I shed a tear when owd Theresa finally fell on her sword. The shithousery of spending three years coming up with a secret plan that no-one wanted anyway should have been enough to get her out of no.10, never mind the rack and ruin of the poorer and more vulnerable citizens of our country while she was doing it. Three wasted years for all of us.

So what now. Has the coach has been booked to take the leadership candidates, well' it seems like a coach full. There's Boris, of course, the cowardly buffoon, then a bunch of failed ex-ministers and tossers who you wouldn't like to sit next to in the pub. Are any an improvement on May.? I doubt it, because we have created the kind of problem that starts Civil Wars, if any of us could be bothered to arm ourselves and fight it.

But the Tories aren't the only ones in a bind. Owd Jezza is in an equally big mess. His voters support Brexit, but his party support the opposite. So keen are they to get a 'do-over' and try to get the right result next time, that his party is forcing a 'peoples vote'. I have three issues with this. First, we already had one, 'Leave' won and that was supposed to be that. Second, it doesn't seem to occur to any of them that Leave may win the next one too, in which case do we go to a 'best of five'..? Thirdly, if Remain won, how will he square up with his voters after he has done all in his power to reject and overturn the first referendum.

Phillip Hammond, our esteemed Chancellor said this week that 'It would be disasterous for the Government to forget the will of Parliament. Yet he hasn't joined up the thinking, that it is equally disasterous for Parliament to forget the will of the people.

Sam Gyimah MP has announced his candidacy for leadership of the Tories. He's no.13.

The MP said offering a "final say on the Brexit deal" would "bring the country together".

By what magic another vote for two large groups of voters, diametrically opposed to each other, could 'bring the country together' has not been explained.