Brexit rolls on... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Brexit rolls on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fascist? Trump is a mentally challenged individual, but to call him fascist is plain wrong. I am using the classic definition, not the social media altered 'modern' definition, by the way.
I didn't call Trump a fascist.

There is no classic definition either. Fascism is absolutely anything you want it to be. It does not have the clearly defined ideology of Communism.

For many very simple racists, you can't be a fascist if you don't gas Jewish people. It's a pretty easy persilschein.

There is no classic definition either. Fascism is absolutely anything you want it to be. It does not have the clearly defined ideology of Communism.

For many very simple racists, you can't be a fascist if you don't gas Jewish people. It's a pretty easy persilschein.

Ah, OK. Misread your post.

We are in an interesting? time of flux at the moment. I have just finished reading 'The madness of crowds' by Douglas Murray and he raises some interesting points; some I agree with, many I find troubling but the general gist has merit.

The Guardian I'm afraid has turned into the left wing Daily Mail. It's just a dog whistle for left wing dogma without too much substance. Shame as I used to be a subscriber.

As for the story I actually agree with it. Absolute power is making Xi Jinping an egotistical and irresponsible global bully.
From their early handling of CV-19, to the internment of millions who have the temerity to have a differing opinion is shocking by any standards.

In the past two years China has — almost unnoticed by others — built the largest network of internment camps in the world. There are more than 1,000 in the western region of Xinjiang in which roughly a million Muslims have been detained with the official aim of eradicating ‘the virus in their thinking’.”

I find it quite astounding that some hold Trump in lower esteem than Xi Jinping!

Dish face and Gideon made an error giving the Chinese a state visit 5 years’ ago, but we can now undo this.

I think the esteem thing vis-a-vis Trump and Xi is down to two things:

1) You would easily expect Xi to beat Trump in a game of wits.
2) If Xi said he was going to do something you would a decent degree of trust in him to do it. You would not have any degree of trust in Trump to say what he's going to do.

Xi is going to screw you over because he's cleverer than you and knows how he is going to screw you over in a way that you're going to agree to.

Trump is going to screw you over because he has no morals, no integrity, no ideals and no principles.

In a way, this makes Xi much more dangerous as it is far more difficult to see coming, but at least getting screwed over by Xi is much more honourable than getting screwed over by Trump even though Xi is the inherently more evil of the two.

There handling of CV-19 has been successful (relatively). Looking at this they don't have a centralised diagnostic system, so no public health laboratory that restricts other labs from doing tests, etc.

This is made possible by the way the German healthcare system works. There is no central, NHS-style provider, while clinics and hospitals are independent, funded by public health insurance.

The procurement! This is an area that has been truly exposed as lacking. Overpaying and being shafted (See Turkey and PPE).

Most of all it's not a political football.
You seem to be blaming the NHS for the failings of government. It's like Trump blaming scientists.

Whilst I agree with much of the commercial side of Huawei, there is a large part of National security entwined in there. Having technology being supplied by a totalitarian state which has 'questionable' morals is not the smartest move.
Also, much of the suppliers of components used by Huawei have been told they cannot supply them by the Don.
We need to hitch our technology wagon to the correct horse and we only get one opportunity to realistically do this. I'd take USA over CCP every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
But we get screwed either way. Trump id not going to do the UK any favours.

I simply can't subscribe to the similarity being made with the Republican party and The Chinese Communist Party, with a narrative that the Republicans are worse.
Not the Republicans. Trump. And let’s see if he leaves the White House if and when he loses.

I
The Guardian I'm afraid has turned into the left wing Daily Mail. It's just a dog whistle for left wing dogma without too much substance. Shame as I used to be a subscriber.

As for the story I actually agree with it. Absolute power is making Xi Jinping an egotistical and irresponsible global bully.
From their early handling of CV-19, to the internment of millions who have the temerity to have a differing opinion is shocking by any standards.

In the past two years China has — almost unnoticed by others — built the largest network of internment camps in the world. There are more than 1,000 in the western region of Xinjiang in which roughly a million Muslims have been detained with the official aim of eradicating ‘the virus in their thinking’.”

I find it quite astounding that some hold Trump in lower esteem than Xi Jinping!

Dish face and Gideon made an error giving the Chinese a state visit 5 years’ ago, but we can now undo this.

In not a surprising turn of events what you have said is wrong about The Guardian and The Observer

They were taken over by the Scott Truss Ltd from The Scott trust a few years ago

They have moved further to the right of centre and are haemorrhaging numbers because of how they helped sabotage the Labour party in the last 2 elections and now a reckoning is coming

Just like with the Red Tories now

The Tory party are going to get a free run now for a few elections as people are angry and are leaving in droves

Yes they still put a facade on being left but it has slowly in incremental moves moved away from the left

I

In not a surprising turn of events what you have said is wrong about The Guardian and The Observer

They were taken over by the Scott Truss Ltd from The Scott trust a few years ago

They have moved further to the right of centre and are haemorrhaging numbers because of how they helped sabotage the Labour party in the last 2 elections and now a reckoning is coming

Just like with the Red Tories now

The Tory party are going to get a free run now for a few elections as people are angry and are leaving in droves

Yes they still put a facade on being left but it has slowly in incremental moves moved away from the left
Do you actually read it?

Fascist? Trump is a mentally challenged individual, but to call him fascist is plain wrong. I am using the classic definition, not the social media altered 'modern' definition, by the way.

Yet all the signs are there

"Fascism requires the rejection of Democracy"

Lets see how that plays out before November

He cannot be called a full on card carrying fascist However he is a right wing populist which is very close... or what is termed as an Apartheid liberal which means he can be a "total xenophobic racist male chauvinist bastard and still not be a fascist"..... and he is all of those things

The same as De Pfeffel wiffle waffle

People of the right wing persuasion generally think it is ok to be the above if he's not using gas chambers or doing classic Nazi

Anyway they have camps for children on the boarder let that sink in

Last edited:
Do you actually read it?

Yes I did up and until a few weeks ago and have unsubscribed and I can see it is very much aimed at people like you Red Tories or Cava Conservatives as I like to call them

You should read some of the comments of how many people are disgruntled and see how the Guardian writers were all over twitter a couple of weeks ago having massive mardys about them being disowned by the left leaning Labour voters of a left party

Last edited:
I will give you that they stopped the rot financially up until 2019 after being propped up by the Scott Trust Ltd to the the tune of £25m i think

Their Business model was working up until 2019

They will also be hit by the black walling advertisers are getting on line which is hitting every news provider

Nice little article

One of many on the subject

https://novaramedia.com/2017/01/08/how-the-guardian-changed-tack-on-corbyn-despite-its-readers/

This is a very truthful line going back to the 80's and his anti Apartheid stance

His absolute vindication in pushing the Good Friday Agreement through with Mo Mowlam to name just two

“The thing about Corbyn is that he is nearly always proved right – after the event.”

Especially now with the vote to protect the NHS which he and Barry Gardiner warned us about but you Red Tories and Yellow Tories and leave voters had other ideas

Nice little article

One of many on the subject

https://novaramedia.com/2017/01/08/how-the-guardian-changed-tack-on-corbyn-despite-its-readers/

This is a very truthful line going back to the 80's and his anti Apartheid stance

His absolute vindication in pushing through the Good Friday Agreement through with Mo Mowlam to name just two

“The thing about Corbyn is that he is nearly always proved right – after the event.”

Especially now with the vote to protect the NHS which he and Barry Gardiner warned us about but you Red Tories and Yellow Tories and leave voters had other ideas
No point being right if you can't get anyone to listen to you.

Corbyn could be in quantum leap and he wouldn't avert a single disaster because no one would want to listen to him. He could be on the Titanic and it would still sink.

You can talk bollocks about red Tories while collecting your rent all you like but the fact is the people of this country hated him and they still hate labour because of him.

And this is a thread about Brexit. Mr Corbyn has absolutely no influence on Brexit or politics full stop now. On Brexit, he has done quite enough damage already in fact.

No point being right if you can't get anyone to listen to you.

Corbyn could be in quantum leap and he wouldn't avert a single disaster because no one would want to listen to him. He could be on the Titanic and it would still sink.

You can talk bollocks about red Tories while collecting your rent all you like but the fact is the people of this country hated him and they still hate labour because of him.

And this is a thread about Brexit. Mr Corbyn has absolutely no influence on Brexit or politics full stop now. On Brexit, he has done quite enough damage already in fact.

Nope you did the damage own it

Over 10 million listened the second time

Over 12 million the first time

You and the Red Tories cut the party by a thousand paper cuts over 4 years

and now have probably given us everything you so gloriously warned us about that Labour would not be electable for years

Well I would say maybe for the next 10-15 years

Total destruction

The end

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.