Brexit rolls on... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brexit rolls on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been said on here, no body in right mind would wish the American system. Stretta quotes the German system, which is excellent, but has had a much larger percentage of GDP, and their GDP has been larger than ours over a 40 year period. If the NHS had the level of funding the Germans have had it would be superior.

The system isn’t wrong it is the lack of will to fund appropriately. Healthcare isn’t cheap but it will repay society in spades on lost sick days and productivity.

Love Whitty’s response to Hunt today.

Whilst I agree with much of the commercial side of Huawei, there is a large part of National security entwined in there. Having technology being supplied by a totalitarian state which has 'questionable' morals is not the smartest move.
Also, much of the suppliers of components used by Huawei have been told they cannot supply them by the Don.
We need to hitch our technology wagon to the correct horse and we only get one opportunity to realistically do this. I'd take USA over CCP every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
We wouldn't have the concerns over totalitarian states interfering with our security if it wasn't for you and your pesky free market extremists fiddling with perfectly adequate systems for a piece of the pie and pretending it's all about efficiency and invisible hand Voodoo. Fuck Donald he's only got 3 months left and he has only built 30 miles of border wall in 4 years. At least the vote has made the 340 odd traitors sign their name to their treachery.

Whilst I agree with much of the commercial side of Huawei, there is a large part of National security entwined in there. Having technology being supplied by a totalitarian state which has 'questionable' morals is not the smartest move.
Also, much of the suppliers of components used by Huawei have been told they cannot supply them by the Don.
We need to hitch our technology wagon to the correct horse and we only get one opportunity to realistically do this. I'd take USA over CCP every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

They do not supply any equipment for the sensitive parts of the network which could end up being compromised; they only supply for the carrier Network.

The National Security scare is total garbage; the Chinese are not trustworthy enough to supply Telecomm's equipment but they are fine to help build new Nuclear Power Stations.

Now which do you think poses the greater Security issue?

Not aware of Chinese people voting for him against an opponent though

Don, irrespective of what you think was democratically elected and can/will be removed at some point. Whether you agree with him is inconsequential to the fact he is not a dictator.

They do not supply any equipment for the sensitive parts of the network which could end up being compromised; they only supply for the carrier Network.

The National Security scare is total garbage; the Chinese are not trustworthy enough to supply Telecomm's equipment but they are fine to help build new Nuclear Power Stations.

The Chinese are not trustworthy to supply telecomms equipment as it is a threat to wealthy individuals' business interests.

They are fine to build nuclear power stations as that poses an equal threat to everybody.

The nuclear power stations needs reviewing too, but Huawei has a large UK market share, and is subject to Chinese law and so could be ordered to act in a way harmful to the UK. To think other is naive in my opinion.

Don, irrespective of what you think was democratically elected and can/will be removed at some point. Whether you agree with him is inconsequential to the fact he is not a dictator.
Yet.

He was legitimately elected by the electoral college system, not democratically elected by the majority of American voters.

You will see who the biggest Dictator is in November when Donald refuses to accept the Election result

He's priming the country now with federal agents arresting people in unmarked cars when they should only be defending federal buildings

He is hoping for a backlash to give him the power

Speaking of Huawei

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...from-trump-led-to-5g-ban-britain-tells-huawei

I thought Brexit was supposed to increase our sovereignty and help us take back control?

So why is a completely foreign government dictating our foreign policy? And why is this government kowtowing to its demands when those demands go against already established British policy?

How is that taking back control?

Or is it just what remainers always said; this is a big, bad global world and outside the big shoal we are finding that we really are just a tiddler in this ocean of predators?

Which was not unique to Trump.
No, not at all; which is why I accept it was legitimate.

Every British PM is elected in much the same way.

I would love to see how different the world would have been though had James Comey done as he should have done and shut the fuck up for a fortnight

Does that make a difference? Your Tony was never elected with a majority of UK voters.
No British PM is, which I said in my very next post

But our election system is designed to select a ruling government, not a ruling person

The US Constitution is incredibly vague and the president's powers highly dictatorial; at least, the constitution is vague enough to allow them to be. The US Constitution is largely reliant on the good intentions of the man elected as president

It's miraculous that no one has used those powers to attempt a dictatorship before now, and it's very lucky that the first man to try is so utterly lacking in intelligence that he has been unable to.

Speaking of Huawei

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...from-trump-led-to-5g-ban-britain-tells-huawei

I thought Brexit was supposed to increase our sovereignty and help us take back control?

So why is a completely foreign government dictating our foreign policy? And why is this government kowtowing to its demands when those demands go against already established British policy?

How is that taking back control?

Or is it just what remainers always said; this is a big, bad global world and outside the big shoal we are finding that we really are just a tiddler in this ocean of predators?

The Guardian I'm afraid has turned into the left wing Daily Mail. It's just a dog whistle for left wing dogma without too much substance. Shame as I used to be a subscriber.

As for the story I actually agree with it. Absolute power is making Xi Jinping an egotistical and irresponsible global bully.
From their early handling of CV-19, to the internment of millions who have the temerity to have a differing opinion is shocking by any standards.

In the past two years China has — almost unnoticed by others — built the largest network of internment camps in the world. There are more than 1,000 in the western region of Xinjiang in which roughly a million Muslims have been detained with the official aim of eradicating ‘the virus in their thinking’.”

I find it quite astounding that some hold Trump in lower esteem than Xi Jinping!

Dish face and Gideon made an error giving the Chinese a state visit 5 years’ ago, but we can now undo this.

The Guardian I'm afraid has turned into the left wing Daily Mail. It's just a dog whistle for left wing dogma without too much substance. Shame as I used to be a subscriber.

As for the story I actually agree with it. Absolute power is making Xi Jinping an egotistical and irresponsible global bully.
From their early handling of CV-19, to the internment of millions who have the temerity to have a differing opinion is shocking by any standards.

In the past two years China has — almost unnoticed by others — built the largest network of internment camps in the world. There are more than 1,000 in the western region of Xinjiang in which roughly a million Muslims have been detained with the official aim of eradicating ‘the virus in their thinking’.”

I find it quite astounding that some hold Trump in lower esteem than Xi Jinping!

Dish face and Gideon made an error giving the Chinese a state visit 5 years’ ago, but we can now undo this.
Trump actively endorsed these camps from the position of "leader of the free world". That was not what he was elected to do, not even by his facist deplorable base. That is why he is held in lower esteem.

I don't actually disagree about the guardian. It's scaremongering around Covid has been appalling. And it's current support for the idiots online insisting we should be doing something about the Uighur camps really annoy me.

Do what exactly?

Let’s wait til after November before suggesting that Trump is any different.

I simply can't subscribe to the similarity being made with the Republican party and The Chinese Communist Party, with a narrative that the Republicans are worse.

Trump actively endorsed these camps from the position of "leader of the free world". That was not what he was elected to do, not even by his facist deplorable base. That is why he is held in lower esteem.

I don't actually disagree about the guardian. It's scaremongering around Covid has been appalling. And it's current support for the idiots online insisting we should be doing something about the Uighur camps really annoy me.

Do what exactly?

Fascist? Trump is a mentally challenged individual, but to call him fascist is plain wrong. I am using the classic definition, not the social media altered 'modern' definition, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.