Brexit ramifications | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brexit ramifications

Well we are almost out and I look forward to all the massive financial rewards that will come from it. Perhaps now we will get the funding the NHS still needs, some decent roads, adequate social care, doctor's, prison officers, police officers and the return to being a super power. What else will we do now we are to be so rich?

Dream on Nige - I personally think the UK will really suffer from not having the same buying/selling power from Europe...

I personally think Europe are now chiting themselves at the thought of us being on their doorstep and a competitor.
No more non wonky veg. We're out.

I personally think Europe are now chiting themselves at the thought of us being on their doorstep and a competitor.
No more non wonky veg. We're out.

It's not good for Europe or us. As we don't make anything the EU has little to worry about there. We will survive but the money wasted so far could be the tip of the iceberg. It's not about sovereignty

'Taking back control' is a complete joke under our first past the post system. The only times I have been able to vote knowing that my opinion would be reflected was in the EU elections. The unimaginative xenophobes / little Englanders who have stolen the amazing freedom our children might have enjoyed to live, love, study and work across Europe will soon be in their boxes underground and an overwhelming majority will ensure we return. In the meantime, those who will suffer economically will be mostly those who voted Leave. The leave leaders are still distorting the truth. This morning one of the Tory Vermin went unchallenged on the pathetically inadequate BBC, saying that we had stronger workers rights/ working conditions than in Europe. He cited that the average holiday entitlement in the UK was 28 days as opposed to 20 in the EU, conveniently forgetting to include the large number of public holidays / saint's days enjoyed in most EU countries.

Last edited:
Prem reminds me of the Brexit Party candidate debating with Green MEP, Molly Scott Cato. He arrogantly dismissed her arguments about the economic consequences of Brexit asking what qualified her to speak on such matters. She replied that she was a professor of Economics. He blushed and went strangely quiet.:lol:

Prem reminds me of the Brexit Party candidate debating with Green MEP, Molly Scott Cato. He arrogantly dismissed her arguments about the economic consequences of Brexit asking what qualified her to speak on such matters. She replied that she was a professor of Economics. He blushed and went strangely quiet.:lol:
The trouble being Bear is that lots of our top know it alls have bee educated beyond their intelligence (Brain Washed)and no longer live in the real World.

As opposed to the Brexitmongers who know far better than all the economics professors, the CBI and the Bank of England Monetary Policy Committee. Flogging a few sticks of rock on the promenade to a captive audience equips them perfectly to understand the subtleties of international finance and trade.

As opposed to the Brexitmongers who know far better than all the economics professors, the CBI and the Bank of England Monetary Policy Committee. Flogging a few sticks of rock on the promenade to a captive audience equips them perfectly to understand the subtleties of international finance and trade.
This is about self rule not about economics......

Self rule? Are you and I in government now then? As a point of fact only 4 percent of our legislation derives from EU law all of which we had a veto over had we chosen to exercise it. It seems to me that most brexitmongers are visceral, instinctive people with a deluded belief rather than a thought out position....the sun moves round the flat earth and the British Empire will arise again.

Self rule? Are you and I in government now then? As a point of fact only 4 percent of our legislation derives from EU law all of which we had a veto over had we chosen to exercise it. It seems to me that most brexitmongers are visceral, instinctive people with a deluded belief rather than a thought out position....the sun moves round the flat earth and the British Empire will arise again.
Rubbish,

Although I've been away over 20 years now, I must agree with Bear.
I think it's a big mistake garnered by so-called patriotism that has similarities to pre-war Germany and Trump America...

Although I've been away over 20 years now, I must agree with Bear.
I think it's a big mistake garnered by so-called patriotism that has similarities to pre-war Germany and Trump America...
Germany wanted to expand we only wish for self government in our ownG.B. ...

Good luck with a 'Buy British' policy then. Especially if you want a new car, TV, phone, fridge, washing machine......