Brexit poll

Brexit poll

• No deal

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Boris's deal

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • An amended (softer) deal

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • A confirmatory referendum (No deal, Parliament's majority deal or remain - transferable voting)

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Revoke and remain

Votes: 21 33.3%

• Total voters
That the people most affected by Brexit don't actually live in the UK?

I think you have seen what "the man in the street" really thinks about Brexit. The remain marches have almost 100% been middle class whites, with witty banners making sure everyone knows how right on they are. The "average man on the street" is more concerned with whether they are going to be able to make a living, find a house, get a doctor's appointment etc, than whether they will be held up on holiday or need different insurance when driving abroad.

The problem is it's not the man in the street who will be worst affected by economic downturn. Well, on second thought perhaps it is - the man sleeping on the street, along with the sick, the disabled, the elderly poor and the unemployed.

What does the poll say? 17 out of 33 voted the leave options, 16 out of 33 want remain options. None of the options got more than 40%. I voted Boris deal, but in hindsight wished I went for option 4.

Another one?

If most of the people who voted leave were upset and demanding another vote when the full details became known, the vote again argument would have a lot more weight, but most of the complaints seem to come from people who voted remain.

If most of the people who voted leave were upset and demanding another vote when the full details became known, the vote again argument would have a lot more weight, but most of the complaints seem to come from people who voted remain.

Exactly. Remainers always make out that leavers believe different things, i.e different versions of Brexit, when the vast majority believe in the same basic principle.

We want to leave. See what the EU will let us have. If it adds up to a bad deal, only favouring them, then leave with no deal. If they are willing to negotiate properly, make some concessions and give us a fair deal, then accept it and leave with the deal.

No hard feelings but ffs stand up for ourselves. Seemples.

The problem is it's not the man in the street who will be worst affected by economic downturn. Well, on second thought perhaps it is - the man sleeping on the street, along with the sick, the disabled, the elderly poor and the unemployed.

The people that are homeless, poor and unemployed whilst we are still in the EU? Will they be more homeless and unemployed when we leave?

Not true at all after being told we could have whatever deal we wanted .As they could not turn us down.Just listen to the old clips. Liam Fox for example said easiest deal in the world. Some believed that crap.Others did not care about deals or exports and imports. As it will not affect me rubbish. After all if some people lose their jobs who cares as long as it does affect them. As one Brexiteer told me I am retired soon so it will not affect me and my family.

As it will not affect me rubbish. After all if some people lose their jobs who cares as long as it does affect them. As one Brexiteer told me I am retired soon so it will not affect me and my family.

So you say that what Jokerman said wasn't true, and you then go on to explain why what he said was In fact true?

Exactly. Remainers always make out that leavers believe different things, i.e different versions of Brexit, when the vast majority believe in the same basic principle.

We want to leave. See what the EU will let us have. If it adds up to a bad deal, only favouring them, then leave with no deal. If they are willing to negotiate properly, make some concessions and give us a fair deal, then accept it and leave with the deal.

No hard feelings but ffs stand up for ourselves. Seemples.
The basic principle that everything that is shit in their life is because of the EU?

The people that are homeless, poor and unemployed whilst we are still in the EU? Will they be more homeless and unemployed when we leave?
No, but a weaker economy could mean less help for them, there could be more of them and the disabled could well be hit hardest. That is why we must have a deal with the EU.

That applies to most across Europe in my opinion.
It's a massive failure at most levels
Really? Has it really had a negative impact in you personally? At present, we are almost at full employment. Lack of housing, GP appt's, issues with the NHS and schooling are nothing to do with the EU, but poor government. Do you seriously believe those issues will improve by leaving the EU?

I'm in Poland at the moment , I've a cousin marrying a beautiful Polish girl.
Talking to the youngsters, they don't want Brexit , but they can't answer when it comes to immigration from Africa or Islamic countries.
They collectively are fcuked off with the results of the recent Polish elections , and the strengthening of the conservative/patriotic government and PM.

I decided it's not worth explaining to them , that they can't have it both ways.

Really? Has it really had a negative impact in you personally? At present, we are almost at full employment. Lack of housing, GP appt's, issues with the NHS and schooling are nothing to do with the EU, but poor government. Do you seriously believe those issues will improve by leaving the EU?
Despite not because.
Very little for the average Brit in membership.
Other countries have done nicely

I'll just check how the Switzerland people are doing... Oh, they're the richest in the world. Bet they're glad they're in the EU....

Despite not because.
Very little for the average Brit in membership.
Other countries have done nicely
I doubt whether you know that is is "despite nit because". Before we joined we were in a sorry state "the sick man of europe". Since we have joined we have become the 5th biggest economy. I'd say that there is more proof that it is "because not despite"