Brexit Latest. | Vital Football

Brexit Latest.

The lady is, IMO, not for turning. She wants to remain in receipt of all the advantages of the "club" without paying anything for that membership. I firmly believe she is on a ram course for no deal.

Gove, I think it was yesterday on the Marr Show or similar, said we are preparing for all possibilities including no deal. He was then asked if that meant that the necessary roads, lorry parks and warehouses would be ready for March 2019....... He skirted the question.

What he said therefore appears to mean we will be spending God knows how much building the necessary roads, lorry parks and warehouses and that they might not be needed if there IS a deal........

Then Davies goes and resigns....... Mayhem's government is certainly not showing signs of being strong ans most definitely unstable.

Think back a little over two years. Why did we have this ridiculous referendum?

Ah yes...Cameron’s attempt to unite the Tory party...and starting with him and gorgeous George, how many resignations have there been since? Not to mention nasty Nigel coming unstuck and having his ‘party’ headed up by two total halfwits before sinking without trace.

If I wasn’t concerned about what now fills the ‘void’ and how much time and money has been wasted over the last two plus years it’d be nothing short of hysterical.

The Government has had over 2 years since 24/6/16 to get its teeth into this Brexit lark. Take a few weeks out of that because of the totally unnecessary election they called and you still have almost 2 years.

Why the hell did it take them until this month to actually come up with what they want?

My neighbour, who I’d never met until we moved in five months after the Referendum, was a fervent Brexitear.
We’ve discussed it without ever coming close to falling out, but he conceded this morning that he and his wife had changed their minds and would definitely be voting Remain if there is a second chance, which he believes to be the only reasonable way forward.
Don’t know how indicative he is but my personal ‘barometer’ suggests three ‘Leave’ voters who have now changed their minds and no ‘Remain’ voters who have moved towards Brexit.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd love to scrap the entire EU and get back to what we were fed way back when it was no more than a free trade area.

Personally, I'd love to scrap the entire EU and get back to what we were fed way back when it was no more than a free trade area.

Fortunately you don’t have a vote and whatever happens you’ll still be enjoying the benefits of living in an EU country so I don’t care...;)

My neighbour, who I’d never met until we moved in five months after the Referendum, was a fervent Brexitear.
We’ve discussed it without ever coming close to falling out, but he conceded this morning that he and his wife had changed their minds and would definitely be voting Remain if there is a second chance, which he believes to be the only reasonable way forward.
Don’t know how indicative he is but my personal ‘barometer’ suggests three ‘Leave’ voters who have now changed their minds and no ‘Remain’ voters who have moved towards Brexit.

He is very indicative, The final Brexit proposals will be kicked out when Parliament vote on it.

______________________________________________________th.jpg

He is very indicative, The final Brexit proposals will be kicked out when Parliament vote on it.

View attachment 28176

As you know Basie, I wholeheartedly share your hopes - in relation to Brexit at least - but if we should have learned anything it’s that there’s no room at all for complacency.
I also hope that, if and when the correct decision is reached, we don’t react with the same ‘we won, you lost...screw you’ mentality that was all too common amongst Brexitears.
That’s after the civil unrest, which will doubtless be prompted by the likes of Tommy Robinson, has ended of course. Whatever happens it’s going to have consequences but I prefer those that last for a week or so to the one that sets us back half a century.

It's still ridiculous that we have a squad of some 34 players just 2 days before the opening game. OK, so some are injured/ill but we still have way too many and need to trim the wage bill............ or so they said.

It's still ridiculous that we have a squad of some 34 players just 2 days before the opening game. OK, so some are injured/ill but we still have way too many and need to trim the wage bill............ or so they said.

That may be true MA but it’s difficult to see what it’s got to do with the latest on Brexit. :ooops:

That may be true MA but it’s difficult to see what it’s got to do with the latest on Brexit. :ooops:

Pardon my confusion rA. The cause was probably the fact that the "Defo top heavy" seems to have turned into a Brexit post. I quite likely saw the Brexit posts and thought that this must be the right place to post something on the bloated squad size............... ;)

Pardon my confusion rA. The cause was probably the fact that the "Defo top heavy" seems to have turned into a Brexit post. I quite likely saw the Brexit posts and thought that this must be the right place to post something on the bloated squad size............... ;)

Fair point...I blame MoP! :halo:

Latest Rams News