Brexit Day! | Page 68 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again when did I say anything about labour?

While you have brought it up though, seen the appeals for workers in agriculture? Don’t forget the original point & do try & answer it rather than twisting it or focusing on minor details.

Maybe change your name to cognitive dissonance red?

It was a reference to predictions made as to what would happen immediately after we voted to leave, which was your point.

Regarding the agriculture, that's great to see. Most who can do it will, I'm sure.
I would if I didn't work where I do. Who wouldn't help out the farmers when we are in national crisis?

We are in uncharted waters now. Do you think the Bundestag, who now have their own UKIP, in AfD, buzzing around like an annoying wasp, will want to issue some 'Coronabonds' to help out failed states again?

As I put, it's every man for themselves now.

You fundamentally misunderstand the purpose of the EU, at it's core it is a club for multinationals and bankers. Everything else is largely window dressing. Nation states are of dwindling relevance. If you think they won't be demanding unfettered access to as many markets as possible you're nuts. If you think rebuilding economies won't take priority you're nuts. You might see less in many areas but the pressure to trade will be irresistible.

Quite unbelievable tho really, a week after being slapped down over herd immunity, we now hear bojo has refused an offer to work together with the EU to get more ventilators.

Mad saint jezza not the only one keen on ideological purity it seems.
That indeed if true does sound strange. Unless there is a cunning plan of course or even better we can sell them a few of ours?

It was a reference to predictions made as to what would happen immediately after we voted to leave, which was your point.

Regarding the agriculture, that's great to see. Most who can do it will, I'm sure.
I would if I didn't work where I do. Who wouldn't help out the farmers when we are in national crisis?

It wasn’t my point as we haven’t left yet, those pesky facts & evidence again, again you are taking a small point & making much more of it, whilst fundamentally misunderstanding it anyway.

Don’t you think this national crisis shows what will happen when farage & his band of racists get what they want & “unskilled” workers you know like farm workers, nurses, delivery drivers & those that work in supermarkets are kicked out?

You said you can’t disprove a prediction, hypothetically & football related; Robbie Savage has predicted that when Forest play the sheep, the sheep will emerge victorious 80-0

Whilst I can’t disprove it totally I would say

We aren’t going to lose 80-0 no one has. It just won’t happen

80-0 would be ten times our worst ever defeat

Games are only 90 minutes long, even accounting for additional time after their celebrations they’d have to score consistently almost every minute

Whilst Derby are better at home than away they are still fucking shit

Their strikers are more likely to hit each other’s cars than the net that many times

Prediction pretty much destroyed with facts & evidence & focusing on the prediction not some minor point like how Robbie Savage is a **** who talks utter bollocks (though in this case that would be true)

Sensationalist, I agree, but these are sensational times.

Just remember when they say they are doing everything they can, that they haven't done that.
Then ask why not. Then realise it is because of Brexit ideology. There is no other reason. Our own efforts (Dyson and JCB - who'd of thunk it!) could have been done in parallel.

Take it in the context of this headline, if you wish:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...ck-Sophy-Ridge-ventilator-shortage-nhs-latest

Yep the great ‘10000 ventilator’ headline for Dyson. Brilliant publicity......only it’s worthless because the design still hasn’t been tested and approved....could take another month.

In fact their design is not much further forward than mine, only I’m not a ‘Dyson’ or a ‘JCB’.

Do we need headlines or action?

Not really.

Because it doesn't matter what I like does it?

What mattered was what the 67% who didn't choose to vote labour thought..

Like most of the electorate, I liked most individual policies but all of them together as a whole were bunkum.

I voted Labour out of loyalty, as I have in every election from 2005 onwards. You can't say the same I don't think?

And I voted primarily for my fantastic local MP, Vernon Coaker.

That lock isnt there any more so if Long Bailey gets in I will be cutting ties

RLB will not get in

It was always going to be KS someone I said 3 years ago should be the next leader

But as always the media told you all how to think and act by going for Jesse the Tory Trojan horse Phillips

Starmer will do ok because he is a shade of Tony Blair and will get the backing of Rupert Murdoch

RLB will not get in

It was always going to be KS someone I said 3 years ago should be the next leader

But as always the media told you all how to think and act by going for Jesse the Tory Trojan horse Phillips

Starmer will do ok because he is a shade of Tony Blair and will get the backing of Rupert Murdoch
I don't listen to the media about Phillips.

I listen to Jess Phillips. Her interview on LBC and her twitter feed for the past three years. I agree with a great deal of what she has to say. On that basis I was happy to give her my first choice on the understanding that the more electable candidate would gain from my second choice.

Didn't matter in the end.

Starmer will be a good leader and is being handed the greatest political gift a labour leader could have; not the virus but the inevitable inquiry into the government's early dithering.

I do wish you would stop your obsession with Rupert Murdoch. It's anachronistic for modern times. You are living in the 90's. Are you still listening to blur?

Yep the great ‘10000 ventilator’ headline for Dyson. Brilliant publicity......only it’s worthless because the design still hasn’t been tested and approved....could take another month.

In fact their design is not much further forward than mine, only I’m not a ‘Dyson’ or a ‘JCB’.

Do we need headlines or action?

Surely they only need a hand dryer to do the blowing, and a vacuum cleaner to do the sucking ?

It wasn’t my point as we haven’t left yet, those pesky facts & evidence again, again you are taking a small point & making much more of it, whilst fundamentally misunderstanding it anyway.

Don’t you think this national crisis shows what will happen when farage & his band of racists get what they want & “unskilled” workers you know like farm workers, nurses, delivery drivers & those that work in supermarkets are kicked out?

You said you can’t disprove a prediction, hypothetically & football related; Robbie Savage has predicted that when Forest play the sheep, the sheep will emerge victorious 80-0

Whilst I can’t disprove it totally I would say

We aren’t going to lose 80-0 no one has. It just won’t happen

80-0 would be ten times our worst ever defeat

Games are only 90 minutes long, even accounting for additional time after their celebrations they’d have to score consistently almost every minute

Whilst Derby are better at home than away they are still fucking shit

Their strikers are more likely to hit each other’s cars than the net that many times

Prediction pretty much destroyed with facts & evidence & focusing on the prediction not some minor point like how Robbie Savage is a **** who talks utter bollocks (though in this case that would be true)

You talk about facts and evidence, but where are the facts and evidence that we are " Kicking unskilled workers out" ? Under EU rules we are even letting EU criminals who serve less than 12 months stay. We certainly haven't kicked many out. (About 10 criminals, last time I read anything about this)

Status
Not open for further replies.