Brexit Day! | Page 94 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to point this out

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...octored?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Samsung_Internet

Despicable that Tory MPs and ministers are sharing outright lies from far right accounts, and then refusing to apologise for spreading outright slurs.

Nadine Dorries has always had a problematic relationship with the ministerial code or even the most basic aspects of propriety; but sharing far right fake news is relatively low even for her

Just wanted to point this out

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...octored?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Samsung_Internet

Despicable that Tory MPs and ministers are sharing outright lies from far right accounts, and then refusing to apologise for spreading outright slurs.

Nadine Dorries has always had a problematic relationship with the ministerial code or even the most basic aspects of propriety; but sharing far right fake news is relatively low even for her
Surely not. That nice Mr De Pfaffer will give them a jolly good wigging I'm sure...

It's a fool's errand to try and think taxing alone is way out of this.

Higher taxation will drive away investment and could even be the straw that breaks the camels back, particularly with a no deal being a distinct possibility.

Surely he has to borrow; the National debt stood at around 80% of GDP before the Lockdown; that debt will rise and GDP is predicted to fall by 3%, but money has never been cheaper and interest rates will not be rising anytime soon.

To put things into perspective national debt ran at 199% in 1950 and that did not seem to big a problem then

Higher taxation will drive away investment and could even be the straw that breaks the camels back, particularly with a no deal being a distinct possibility.

Surely he has to borrow; the National debt stood at around 80% of GDP before the Lockdown; that debt will rise and GDP is predicted to fall by 3%, but money has never been cheaper and interest rates will not be rising anytime soon.

To put things into perspective national debt ran at 199% in 1950 and that did not seem to big a problem then

In 1835 the U.K. govt banned slavery but paid the slave owners. We borrowed to pay the astronomical debt owed to slave owners. We didn’t finish paying the debt till about 2015. Not quite sure of exact date. It has never been cheaper to borrow. Austerity is not the answer, we must have learnt that. Grow GDP and amount owed will shrink as a percentage. As masters of our own banking system we have a huge advantage over many others. We need an invest and growth policy, some short term returns and some over many decades.

In 1835 the U.K. govt banned slavery but paid the slave owners. We borrowed to pay the astronomical debt owed to slave owners. We didn’t finish paying the debt till about 2015. Not quite sure of exact date. It has never been cheaper to borrow. Austerity is not the answer, we must have learnt that. Grow GDP and amount owed will shrink as a percentage. As masters of our own banking system we have a huge advantage over many others. We need an invest and growth policy, some short term returns and some over many decades.

But we are not masters of our own Banking System; all of the banks globally are interlinked and, despite the stress test protocols in place, once one bank goes there is still the potential for a domino effect.

The increase in Capitol Ratio's will delay rather than prevent Banks from going under; they will then be in the hands of the respective Governments to bail them out, and the public outcry from that happening again, particularly after austerity, will be long and loud.

If its the fact that London currently acts as the Worlds clearing house for World Banking that you are alluding to, then I would not be so certain it will remain that way.

The Americans will do everything in their power to repatriate some of that business and I would not think the ECB will be in any rush to help the UK out.

In 1835 the U.K. govt banned slavery but paid the slave owners. We borrowed to pay the astronomical debt owed to slave owners. We didn’t finish paying the debt till about 2015. Not quite sure of exact date.

February 1st 2015. To make matters worse the government at the time tweeted it as something to celebrate. All because the government in 1833 feared a US style civil war due to the abolition of slavery, even though it continued for may decades afterwards.

The same forecasts that said the UK economy would go to pot if we didn't join the Euro ? Italy joined and has had zero growth per person in 20 years. We have done far better. The forecasts that said jobs would be lost for simply voting to leave? UK employment has risen. No wonder we don't believe any of the forecasts. Are all the UK planes still due to stop flying on the first of Jan too still ?
Mostly irrelevant or simply not true. Self employment and 0hr contracts arent job creation, they are job losses if anything. The planes SHOULD have prob stopped flying in January, you had confirmed virus cases :)

The triangle of UK, USA and Swiss 'rights n patent' deals are what tories desire. There isn't any manufacturing or green energy deals in sight. It looks grim.
Over here in EU many countries offered government loans over 25 years at a fixed 0.01%. Thats huge and can save Spain billions over the coming years. In UK I suppose assets will be sold to the BoE and acrue far more real interest from public funds to buy it back

If its the fact that London currently acts as the Worlds clearing house for World Banking that you are alluding to, then I would not be so certain it will remain that way.

This. How can that NOT be the next obvious step for the EU? Germany and France will already be all over it, it would be negligent not to be

Mostly irrelevant or simply not true. Self employment and 0hr contracts arent job creation, they are job losses if anything. The planes SHOULD have prob stopped flying in January, you had confirmed virus cases :)

Zero hour contracts are a creation of having unlimited labour from the EU. I'm talking about flights NEXT January , when we leave BRINO, not last January !

In the Brexit balance sheet weren't cars supposed to be a massive negative ? Seems that Nissan are possibly moving some of their Renault production to Sunderland from Spain. Not sure if the production is aimed at the UK market or exports.From todays telegraph.

Renault may ride to the rescue for Nissan's Sunderland plant
Moving production of two models from Spain to the UK would help protect the jobs of 6,000 Nissan workers - but it's not a done deal

Was just wondering- was it 8% hit to gdp of a no deal brexit?

Assuming that didnt include the butt fuck that is corona virus- figures floating around from 20%+

I guess the extreamists have already come too far to turn back or even pause it while europe gets a chance to get back on our feet (we are still and will always remain in europe even if we have left the eu).

From the telegraph. I guess the EU will fudge their way out, but it's funny that the EU want their court to be supreme to ours even when we've left, yet the German courts have ruled that the ECJ doesn't have power over the German Courts. The Euro could blow up in less than 3 months, if they can't sort this one out.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines..._source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

EU risks losing Germany if it picks a constitutional fight to the death, or the euro if it doesn't
A major clash is underway between the German constitutional court and the ECB and ECJ which could threaten the future of the EU

From the telegraph. I guess the EU will fudge their way out, but it's funny that the EU want their court to be supreme to ours even when we've left, yet the German courts have ruled that the ECJ doesn't have power over the German Courts. The Euro could blow up in less than 3 months, if they can't sort this one out.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines..._source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

EU risks losing Germany if it picks a constitutional fight to the death, or the euro if it doesn't
A major clash is underway between the German constitutional court and the ECB and ECJ which could threaten the future of the EU
I see the Daily Fail is trying to force the teachers back by demonizing them. I think they should consider going back once parliament is back in full session.

Zero hour contracts are a creation of having unlimited labour from the EU. !

theres jobs all over the eu for brits so twas a totally level playing field.
the issues are people arent capable enough to work abroad or/and too lazy to do the grafting for lowish wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.