Brexit Day! | Page 93 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots today about how we are going to pay for covid and a leaked advisory report suggesting freezing public sector Monies and tax hikes. This is the thinking of Cameron post bank crisis where as Gordon Brown wanted some austerity but wanted most of the debt paid by borrowing and growth. Many argue against holding debt but three big crisis borrowing by British govt show it is possible.

This can be done simply by act of Parliament. How an EU country does this is very confusing. Even more so after, not just the ruling last week by a German court but the consequences. Basically Germany is leaving the financial gate open to run thru when the Euro goes up in flames.

How does Italy or Spain hold the levels of debt post covid within the present EU rules?
Loving it.

Public sector workers, thank you for risking your lives for all these months.

Now take a pay freeze again to pay for it, because when push comes to shove the public dont give a shit about you really as soon as money is mentioned.

Apparently 5p on income tax as well so we get hit twice.

It will be a national scandal if the triple lock doesn't go

Lots today about how we are going to pay for covid and a leaked advisory report suggesting freezing public sector Monies and tax hikes. This is the thinking of Cameron post bank crisis where as Gordon Brown wanted some austerity but wanted most of the debt paid by borrowing and growth. Many argue against holding debt but three big crisis borrowing by British govt show it is possible.

This can be done simply by act of Parliament. How an EU country does this is very confusing. Even more so after, not just the ruling last week by a German court but the consequences. Basically Germany is leaving the financial gate open to run thru when the Euro goes up in flames.

How does Italy or Spain hold the levels of debt post covid within the present EU rules?

It's a fool's errand to try and think taxing alone is way out of this.

Loving it.

Now take a pay freeze again to pay for it, because when push comes to shove the public dont give a shit about you really as soon as money is mentioned.

Remember this is a think tank treasury report. Not yet policy. Very damaging to do as in 2010. Better to look at answers from 1833, 1918 and 45.

It's a fool's errand to try and think taxing alone is way out of this.

Something we can agree on! but where will that investment come from post brexit- did you have a look at FDI figures over the last few years? Also noticed that the economy was down 2% B4 covid and probably just the fig leaf boris will need to deflect blame from a tanking economy.

Will be interesting to see how we fare in the immediate restructuring to come. Ironically i desperately want you morons to be right because if i am right a lot of people are going to find things tough to say the least.

Something we can agree on! but where will that investment come from post brexit- did you have a look at FDI figures over the last few years? Also noticed that the economy was down 2% B4 covid and probably just the fig leaf boris will need to deflect blame from a tanking economy.

Will be interesting to see how we fare in the immediate restructuring to come. Ironically i desperately want you morons to be right because if i am right a lot of people are going to find things tough to say the least.

When this is over I fully expect the Bank Of England to ‘inadvertently’ wipe out £700 billion or so of gilts they hold.
Whatever happens, Sterling is going to absolutely crater.

It is.

Some what were the half truths?

The UK is the second largest arms dealer in the world Defence industry not Arms dealer!
[...] Due to a previous conservative government selling BAe and then BAe subsequently selling its stake in Airbus UK (Nothing to do with the labour government in the naughties?) the civil aerospace sector in the UK is not in a good position post Brexit/Covd-19.

The UK is the second largest arms dealer in the world Defence industry not Arms dealer!

You say defence. I say arms dealer. It is just semantics.

None the less, it was your response which was a half truth because of the claim that the UK aerospace industry is the 2nd largest. When in fact the defence industry is only part of and not the entire aerospace industry as you claimed.

[...] Due to a previous conservative government selling BAe and then BAe subsequently selling its stake in Airbus UK (Nothing to do with the labour government in the naughties?) the civil aerospace sector in the UK is not in a good position post Brexit/Covd-19.

BAe was privatised in the 80s, so how are Labour accountable for a privately listed company selling their stake to EADS in 2006?

In fact at the time of sale Labour lobbied EADS for concessions to protect the UK knowing that the French and Germans would pull the strings. They even tried to get EADS to take a listing on the LSE.

So what has it got to do with Labour of the noughties?

Another poor attempt to re-write history.

Last edited:
You say defence. I say arms dealer. It is just semantics.

None the less, it was your response that which was a half truth because of the claim that the UK aerospace industry is the 2nd largest. When in fact the defence industry is only part of and not the entire aerospace industry as you claimed.

BAe was privatised in the 80s, so how are Labour accountable for a privately listed company selling their stake to EADS in 2006?

In fact at the time of sale Labour lobbied EADS for concessions to protect the UK knowing that the French and Germans would pull the strings. They even tried to get EADS to take a listing on the LSE.

So what has it got to do with Labour of the noughties?

Another poor attempt to re-write history.

Privatisation was the best thing that happened to BAe. After this it acquired RoF and Marconi.
I'm not sure it would be what it is today had it not been.

Loving it.

I haven’t had a pay rise in ten years excepting promotion. They also effectively killed my pension (although that was Labour as much as the Tories in fairness). This does not surprise me.

Last edited:
Loving the high IQ level of grammar in this random keyboard mash.
but you do have the intelligence to understand its exactly that; an awful virtual OSK too. These things always have to be taken into account and besides, its really a moral/selfish argument as opposed to an English lesson.

Today i go shopping, one person in store without a mask. a Brit, of course. Im literally like, if you ignorant #### are within 10m of me i consider it assault,.

Im gonna make a 9m baton for them :)

You are right, there is no right or wrong, but that wouldn't seem to be the case on here. As for the consequences, there have been a few, but the doom and gloom from the Remainers largely comes from their own dismal forecasts. As someone once said in life, things rarely turn out as bad as the pessimists expect, or as well as the optimists expect. (or something like that!).

It's the UK IN the world, not against it.

the forecasts are based on logic and common sense and the fact the uk economy is a service industry economy and creates very few actual tangible goods. Imports to EU far outweigh exports, globally too. So just that point alone must be negative.
Of course thats financially, not necessarily quality of life... but i dont see many people left or right that think quality of life has improved the last decade or 2, despite massive technology leaps

There is zero evidence that Brexiteers have a lower IQ either. There may be a case that they have less formal education, because there is obviously (in general) a direct link between age and education. Whether that means that younger people are better educated is entirely debatable.

no, its blatantly obvious, when you don't see that then that's because youre part of that demographic :) I dont think being a moron has much to do with a school education tho, there are blatantly morons running the country still trying to have herd immunity :)

When this is over I fully expect the Bank Of England to ‘inadvertently’ wipe out £700 billion or so of gilts they hold.
Whatever happens, Sterling is going to absolutely crater.

More than it already has- dont forget everyone has done the same. Nothing like a bit of competive devaluation on the sly eh?

As far as I'm aware the economy wasn't down before covid, so where is your proof of that ? The economy was down 2% in Q1 which includes a week of lockdown i.e roughly 7% of the period was in lockdown.

the forecasts are based on logic and common sense and the fact the uk economy is a service industry economy and creates very few actual tangible goods. Imports to EU far outweigh exports, globally too. So just that point alone must be negative.
Of course thats financially, not necessarily quality of life... but i dont see many people left or right that think quality of life has improved the last decade or 2, despite massive technology leaps

The same forecasts that said the UK economy would go to pot if we didn't join the Euro ? Italy joined and has had zero growth per person in 20 years. We have done far better. The forecasts that said jobs would be lost for simply voting to leave? UK employment has risen. No wonder we don't believe any of the forecasts. Are all the UK planes still due to stop flying on the first of Jan too still ?

As far as I'm aware the economy wasn't down before covid, so where is your proof of that ? The economy was down 2% in Q1 which includes a week of lockdown i.e roughly 7% of the period was in lockdown.

Ons gave a monthly breakdown. March was 5.8% which included precisely one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.