Brexit Day! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as pertinent. I.e. Not very pertinent.
Based on incorrect assumptions, at best. Australia and Canada do have trade arrangements which involve shared sovereignty and international oversight.

And did he respect the result of that vote, I wonder?

Saw this post and thought I should share

I’m realistic about the EU. It has many faults. But as someone who champions community, I know that things work better when people come together, and not building walls for separation.

This act of national self harm, built upon lies and broken promises, built on horrible xenophobia, by the very worst in a government who have deliberately created a decade of disaster for communities in this country.. who have created division in every aspect, who somehow got people to trade prejudice for their votes... who somehow got people to feel undeserving of freedom of movement, workers rights, and will now watch their country sell them out to big business and zero hours contracts and food banks and poverty.

Brexit has infiltrated the good sense and decent nature of the people on this island, it has weaponised the closet racists to dream of our glorious ‘top of the table’ colonial imperialist days, without a thought to the horrors caused, without a thought to progressiveness and progress.

Today is a huge step backwards in this country, if you don’t believe me.. look at the champions of Brexit. .. liars, racists and people that hold personal wealth so valuable and humans so cheap. And when it goes wrong, as those pesky experts that no one listens to anymore all seem to agree.. do you think for one minute that the Moggs Farage’s and Gove’s and Johnson’s of this country are going to have time for self analysis, for self criticism? Of course not. But the ‘remoaners’ are beaten.. the corbynistas are beaten, the speaker of the House who kept dicking around with all those tedious ‘legalities’ is gone.

So who’s fault will it be when the job losses hit? When the blue passport and 50p piece seems scant return for the sale of our NHS to the US for chlorinated chicken and reduced working rights.. whose fault will it be then?

It won’t be theirs will it. And this... when people talk about exaggeration of the rise of populism and even Fascism will tell you that you are crazy or ‘woke’ or a snowflake for alluring to it .. is when you will see them go after anyone they can. Anyone. And judging by the shit show this country has become since those heady days of inclusion and multi cultural celebration during our incredible 2012 Olympic Games.. you’ll fucking believe them won’t you.

Today .. we better keep close folks .. because a storm is coming. A big one.

Last edited:
Everyone is putting great focus on Brexit day, when in affect it means very little.
The important part will be the agreements reached in this year, if we leave in December.
Would be no surprise if it goes very quiet now as the general public who wanted Brexit think it is done. They can have there parties tonight driving to them in German cars, drinking Belgian beer, listening to music on Chinese equipment, standing in buildings with timber from Scandinavia, blockwork from Canada or China, glasses being washed by Spanish dishwashers and eating snacks harvested by poles and affording it all on the prosperity driven through trade with the EU!
Westminster now have absolute power with no normalisation from the EU.
Hopefully they see it would not be in the interest of the country or the EU to agree a punitive trade deal.
There could be a lot of chatter about taking back control of our borders and preventing immigration, probably as a smoke screen, but for there to be wholesale changes to trade would have a damaging effect on the EU and cripple the UK. I hope that does not happen. Could we align ourselves to EU law and trade, probably.

We(?) have thrown away 30 years of growth in the UK. Time distorts how poor the UK was in the 70's prior to entering the common market.
I remember very well this country in the 70s prior to entering the common market. Manufacturing shit products by shit companies with shit management and said companies being fucked by strong unions and weak government.

For any 80s kids...

Attachments

• stop-boris-game-corgi-toy-1979_360_012f86ffaa5c51060482082569ca975a.jpg
    stop-boris-game-corgi-toy-1979_360_012f86ffaa5c51060482082569ca975a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.