Brexit Day! | Page 143 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labour under Corbyn and/or the far left we’re never, ever going to win an election and anyone thinking otherwise had their delusions shattered at the last election.

Labour under Starmer stand a chance at least which is an improvement on gifting the Tories an election.
There has never been anything like a "far left" Labour party apart from in the pages of the media.

You 'cheering on' Pie in this instance is akin to Cameron liking 'Eton Rifles' by The Jam
A lot of touchy people on here, despite the win.

I'm not cheering him on. I just think some people have got the wrong end of his stick on this occasion.

I quite like The Jam but wouldn't claim any expertise. I don't think they're much like the Jonathan Pie character though. I'm not sure he's as far left as some think. And my politics are not anything like Cameron's!

Absolute rubbish.

Look at all the left wing leadership candidates falling over themselves to sign up to the trans rights charter that women's groups said was potentially dangerous and Starmer just said 'nah' to.

Look at Dawn Butler's car crash interview about it.

And then try and gaslight us all that the left of the party aren't the "woke" part of it

Is supporting a trans rights bill really the bad part of being 'woke'?

That bill would help alot of people and i'm suspicious of the 'feminist' groups who are against it after i read where much of their funding comes from...

Labour under Corbyn and/or the far left we’re never, ever going to win an election and anyone thinking otherwise had their delusions shattered at the last election.

Labour under Starmer stand a chance at least which is an improvement on gifting the Tories an election.

The only hope of Starmer winning the next election is dependent on what happens with Brexit and how much the Tories fuck over the poor. Anyone that thinks that Labour has got a better chance with Starmer are deluded. In this world of populism Labour and Starmer are going to struggle. Corbyn got elected as leader because he was viewed as anti-establisment. Trump got elected because he convinced the electorate he was anti-establishment. Boris got elected in the same way (anti-EU). Starmer makes no bones about being establishment and wanting to overturn the referendum result.

Corbyn WOULD have won the election without Brexit, media, 'terrorist sympathiser', Blairites and anti-Semitism

A lot of touchy people on here, despite the win.

I'm not cheering him on. I just think some people have got the wrong end of his stick on this occasion.

I quite like The Jam but wouldn't claim any expertise. I don't think they're much like the Jonathan Pie character though. I'm not sure he's as far left as some think. And my politics are not anything like Cameron's!

I'm not touchy and I'm talking about a real world event. Cameron once said Eton Rifles was one of his favourite songs and Weller had to point out to him that it's not an anthem for the posh Eton twats like Cameron, it's taking the piss out of them.

I'm not touchy and I'm talking about a real world event. Cameron once said Eton Rifles was one of his favourite songs and Weller had to point out to him that it's not an anthem for the posh Eton twats like Cameron, it's taking the piss out of them.
Well durr..
I know that but your analogy is useless because I do understand what Pie is saying and largely agree with what he has to say.

This is boring now. Sometimes analogies just don't work very well. Better for everyone to back off rather than double down like Trump or Johnson.

Well durr..
I know that but your analogy is useless because I do understand what Pie is saying and largely agree with what he has to say.

This is boring now. Sometimes analogies just don't work very well. Better for everyone to back off rather than double down like Trump or Johnson.

Well if you did understand it, it was a very weird comment made last night and Pie is having a go at the liberal left, not the traditional working class left. The liberal left being a massive reason why the working class have gone over to the right and this sums up the situation perfectly

liberals.jpg

Last edited:
The only hope of Starmer winning the next election is dependent on what happens with Brexit and how much the Tories fuck over the poor. Anyone that thinks that Labour has got a better chance with Starmer are deluded. In this world of populism Labour and Starmer are going to struggle. Corbyn got elected as leader because he was viewed as anti-establisment. Trump got elected because he convinced the electorate he was anti-establishment. Boris got elected in the same way (anti-EU). Starmer makes no bones about being establishment and wanting to overturn the referendum result.

Corbyn WOULD have won the election without Brexit, media, 'terrorist sympathiser', Blairites and anti-Semitism

"Corbyn WOULD have won the election without Brexit, media, 'terrorist sympathiser', Blairites and anti-Semitism"

Policies; you missed policies

Status
Not open for further replies.