Brexit and football | Page 7 | Vital Football

Brexit and football

Well the polls are not to be believed but some are saying labour have gained 8 points and that was before yesterday and they were reported in all the right wing rags

You must have missed it

Anyway social media is going to be the key to this election

And Labour are miles ahead at using it better than all the other parties

Yesterdays events will have turned off many

I've seen it on social media

The revolution will not be televised
The problem with taking the political temperature via social media is that you only see the SM you actually choose to see.

I'm sure if you are getting your election news from the Canary it probably feels amazing for Corbyn's chances.

?
The problem with taking the political temperature via social media is that you only see the SM you actually choose to see.

I'm sure if you are getting your election news from the Canary it probably feels amazing for Corbyn's chances.

Thankfully I don't only use social media

There is so much information available from many sources and its not hard to fact check..thats why i cannot understand why you rile against Corbyn when most of the shit that is thrown at him is bollocks

However social media is king its what helped sway the referendum result

Cambridge Analytica anyone

Trust me i've worked in content management years ago and databases of how people bought, viewed content were sold off between companies and then targeted adds would be run

Its the same shit

?

Thankfully I don't only use social media

There is so much information available from many sources and its not hard to fact check..thats why i cannot understand why you rile against Corbyn when most of the shit that is thrown at him is bollocks

However social media is king its what helped sway the referendum result

Cambridge Analytica anyone

Trust me i've worked in content management years ago and databases of how people bought, viewed content were sold off between companies and then targeted adds would be run

Its the same shit
You don't understand because you don't listen.

A lot of what is said about him is bollocks.

Public opinion of him and the polls are not. They have been very consistent over the last four years.

The public, as a whole, hate him don't want him as prime minister.

As a result, Labour have failed to dent the most easily topplable Tory governments in a generation.

I want a labour government and prime minister. That will never happen while Corbyn is leader. That is my problem with him

Having made my mind up as long ago as the last century as to who gets my vote, I resolved not to watch any of the material pumped out by the political combatants this time. I have however accidentally bumped into some of the ( I will now use my words carefully but can only find one relevant word to describe it ) shit. Who is employed to make the decisions on the release of this stuff? My intelligence has been well and truly insulted.

You don't understand because you don't listen.

A lot of what is said about him is bollocks.

Public opinion of him and the polls are not. They have been very consistent over the last four years.

The public, as a whole, hate him don't want him as prime minister.

As a result, Labour have failed to dent the most easily topplable Tory governments in a generation.

I want a labour government and prime minister. That will never happen while Corbyn is leader. That is my problem with him

Too true. With tom watson, the person most of us thought reigned him in, just leaving, everything is that bit harder.

Still voting labour tho unless anything seismic happens, we have a good MP and as bad as corbyn might be, johnson has already done more than enough to convince me that he is not fit for the job.

Unfortunately this will be yet another election where many voters will go out with the main intention of blocking a party becoming the Government rather than endorsing one.

The likelihood is that the make up of Parliament on the 13th December will be every bit as divided as it was before the election was called and the situation in getting Brexit through/rescinded/peoples vote will not have changed one bit.

To keep on topic, I suspect that Forest have a greater chance of being promoted in May than Brexit has of being completed in the same timescale.

Sooner your generation is dead the better. You will go down as the most selfish, greedy, feckless and selfish lot ever.
Hmm. My parents are baby boomers. They both worked their arses off and are now enjoying a well earned retirement through being both hard working and frugal.

They both voted remain and are as frustrated with what’s going on as anyone else.

Far too simplistic to tar all baby boomers with the same brush, the same as for any generation.

Hmm. My parents are baby boomers. They both worked their arses off and are now enjoying a well earned retirement through being both hard working and frugal.

They both voted remain and are as frustrated with what’s going on as anyone else.

Far too simplistic to tar all baby boomers with the same brush, the same as for any generation.

Yeah it is however it is mainly boomers who have kept us in a neoliberal right wing mentality for years possibly the last 30 years including New Labour - the Blair years

The old coffin Dodgers are now dieing out

The demographic is changing

The referendum result could well be thier reall last tantrum

Younger people are more politically engaged than ever because of social media

Especially those who in thier 20's and 30's

Thankfully most of them will vote Labour

Most of the under 25's will

Yeah it is however it is mainly boomers who have kept us in a neoliberal right wing mentality for years possibly the last 30 years including New Labour - the Blair years

The old coffin Dodgers are now dieing out

The demographic is changing

The referendum result could well be thier reall last tantrum

Younger people are more politically engaged than ever because of social media

Especially those who in thier 20's and 30's

Thankfully most of them will vote Labour

Most of the under 25's will
Plenty of under 50s voted leave.

If all people want to do is trade insults and derogatory terms in amongst the conspiracy theories then it’s no surprise the whole debacle continues to grind on.

It never was an I am right you are wrong debate and the sooner people realise this the better.

Did you even read the article?

It puts Labour on 27%. I'm the history teacher here and I can't tell you when Labour last polled 27% in a general election. That is an absolutely no hoper polling % and would be a catastrophe in an election.

It also lists us as being 12% behind the Tories.

You are celebrating that as some kind of victory.

That translates as a majority of between 40-80 for Johnson. 12% has been about the gap for weeks and weeks. Maybe Yougov had it even worse than that at one point but it isn't good now.

For comparison, Yougov had Labour on 29% in early May 2017, 6 weeks before that election.

Last edited:
Pope you really do struggle sometimes

Stop putting words into my mouth where am I considering it to be a victory

You are unable to think things through and remember stuff from other posts

I could have sworn I said you cant trust polls

Dummkopf

Also The Times is the flagship Tory newspaper and yougov is run by the tories

The polls do not reflect anything anymore

Look how the referendum result turned out

Look at Trump

Look at Corbyn 3 times he had defied the polls

You keep your faith in the polls dude