Brexit and football | Vital Football

Brexit and football

Polly 433

Vital Football Hero
This is not a thread on the pro’s and con’s of Brexit but how it could effect football, the English National team and particular Forest.

The exchange rate! For a few months at least, is likely to have negative impact on sterling ( money not the player) and cost of any imports. Free movement of EU nationals could come under an Australian style points system. Although most players being young, healthy and coming to a sponsoring employer with shortage of required skills could score highly. There could also be leeway for time limited contracts. Depends on agreements the PL and EFL come up with.

Could mean all clubs become more reliant on British born players which in turn could put price of players from EFL back to pre Bosman equivalent levels. Could save smaller EFL clubs. Could mean academy becomes even more important.

Could shape our transfer strategy in next window to mean bringing in a shed full of young EU born players Or a couple of expensive imports on long contracts before shutters come down.

Is this an opportunity for football or a threat.

Difficult to say, as we don't know what the rules will be. If they are simply earning £30k, it won't make any difference watsoever. We could introduce rules which may benefit the England team, but affect clubs. If for example there was a limit of (say) 6 foreigners at each Championship club, it may result in us being more picky about who we sign. Nothing against decent players, but we have recruited plenty of pretty useless foreign players too.

Could mean all clubs become more reliant on British born players which in turn could put price of players from EFL back to pre Bosman equivalent levels. Could save smaller EFL clubs. Could mean academy becomes even more important.

The price of home grown players is increasing and I cannot see the trend changing irrespective of Brexit.

Brexit will not change the fate of smaller clubs. The only thing that can help them is an improvement in the flow of cash down from the PL. Although, I am sure one or two on here will blame the EU for the demise of smaller clubs.

The price of home grown players is increasing and I cannot see the trend changing irrespective of Brexit.

Brexit will not change the fate of smaller clubs. The only thing that can help them is an improvement in the flow of cash down from the PL. Although, I am sure one or two on here will blame the EU for the demise of smaller clubs.

No they wont

However we will blame all the people who voted for Brexit for the utter shit show that is coming

I'm not going to forget or let the leavers try and blame everything else other than their own selfishness and utter disregard for facts and evidence

Seeing as all leavers totally believe in the supernatural we should bring in the equivalent of Salem Witch Trials

Or even tie every leaver to a chair and dunk them into a pond and if the drown they are not witches and if they dont drown they are witches

Because leaving makes as much sense

Am i the only one who wishes he'd never heard the word Brexit ?
I still couldn't give a fuck what happens.
Brexit ....what's that chap? Never heard of it,which reminds me just had a phone call about something called PPI...whatever that is.Not sure if anything will happen anyway Orbs.Climate change will probably have finished us off by then.

Brexit ....what's that chap? Never heard of it,which reminds me just had a phone call about something called PPI...whatever that is.Not sure if anything will happen anyway Orbs.Climate change will probably have finished us off by then.

Fingers crossed Ingy.

The idea that Brexit is going to reduce or have any major impact on immigration with the drawbridge going up is utter rubbish. UK needs immigrants for the economy, what the racists & ***** who voted for Brexit don’t realise because they are too stupid is that instead of white Christians from Eastern Europe it’ll be gangs from India & dare I say China & Vietnam.

The idea that Brexit is going to reduce or have any major impact on immigration with the drawbridge going up is utter rubbish. UK needs immigrants for the economy, what the racists & ***** who voted for Brexit don’t realise because they are too stupid is that instead of white Christians from Eastern Europe it’ll be gangs from India & dare I say China & Vietnam.

We will be getting more immigrants
From
Asia
Africa
South America

Love it ..its the only positive thing to come from Brexit IMHO

Good skillz leavers:geek:

being deliberately provocative. We all know that immigrants are an important element of uk culture and economy but what will change is that there will be a point system in place targeting certain skills and attributes rather than freedom of movement. This will have a knock on effect as the recent influx of EU connected footballers will not be so easily available to apply their trade but possibly world wide footballers maybe more available. Some may feel it will make little difference as they will score enough points anyway. Can’t see the snakehead gang playing leftback.

being deliberately provocative. We all know that immigrants are an important element of uk culture and economy but what will change is that there will be a point system in place targeting certain skills and attributes rather than freedom of movement. This will have a knock on effect as the recent influx of EU connected footballers will not be so easily available to apply their trade but possibly world wide footballers maybe more available. Some may feel it will make little difference as they will score enough points anyway. Can’t see the snakehead gang playing leftback.

there already is points based stuff in place, Boris even brought one back for graduates.

like it or not the idiot leavers are going to have to accept that you can’t reverse immigration the horse has bolted.
Also getting people to assimilate isn’t going to be helped by banging on about immigrants being criminals & scrounges, whilst going on about the 2nd world war that would make Hollywood script writers ask questions.

back to football they have money & that trumps any points system.

So Woanz, you feel the money men will find a way around the system. Fair comment. Tend to agree. Mr Bercow would rule the rest of your comment is irrelevant as it is contrary to the question.

I brought this up last year. I mean clearly under racist May the general thing would to have really stiff entry from day one and everyone already there for less than say 2 years would quite possibly not get entry or that entry application would just take years and that would literally involve half the football league along with every other sport and industry that exists. Change the current rules and there will be massive consequences, thats just a given.
Whether people think those consequences are good or bad is another thing. It will suit a lot of upper middle class when the housing market crashes n stuff but I havent genuinelly seen an argument from any person at all about the benefits that can outweigh the current ones. I mean literally, not a single person in 3 years has shown a better economical model that the current EU one.

Most of the economical models have been shown to at best be guess work. Even treasury has been wide of the mark. It depends who is I putting in the parameters. Don’t believe anyone who says they know.

Most of the economical models have been shown to at best be guess work. Even treasury has been wide of the mark. It depends who is I putting in the parameters. Don’t believe anyone who says they know.

Tis true that prediction in economics is not an exact science although the proposition that we have no real idea is simply not true.

What we can say is that the tories spent 100m on an advert for oct 31st that has been completely wasted and the economy is currently 70bn smaller than it would have been since 2016 due to all the uncertainty and the decision to leave.

This alone would have paid for 20000 police officers, similar amounts of nurses and teachers as well. This country has been haemorrhaging fooking jobs and money month after month since the result.

I am as fed up with the system as anyone but the whole brexit bullshit is cutting your nose to spite your face. Ultimately will make things worse not better.