Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 397 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Erm ......

In her role, she (or someone responsible to her) is responsible for the Police ....... who enforce (some of) the law.

Also, she is responsible for the legislative programme (presumably just within the Home Office).

Happy to help.
;)

https://assets.publishing.service.g...8582/List_of_Ministerial_Responsibilities.pdf

Exactly, she is responsible for - she neither enforces the law nor is in charge of it. Quite often policies that she will want to introduce are contradictory to the law.

Anyone can propose a new law, but Parliament is responsible for approving this legislation once it passes through various stages. (Though I’m sure you know that 😉)

Exactly, she is responsible for - she neither enforces the law nor is in charge of it. Quite often policies that she will want to introduce are contradictory to the law.........)

I agree she doesn't enforce it, but being responsible for - and therefore "in charge of" those who do - surely suggests at least an element of being in charge of it ........ you know, in your tomaytos/tomahtos world.

.......Anyone can propose a new law, but Parliament is responsible for approving this legislation once it passes through various stages. (Though I’m sure you know that 😉)

Yes, of course. However, as "Legislative programme" doesn't appear in the responsibilities of other ministers, we can presume hers is a parliament wide responsibility ............ ie the whole approval process included.

I agree she doesn't enforce it, but being responsible for - and therefore "in charge of" those who do - surely suggests at least an element of being in charge of it ........ you know, in your tomaytos/tomahtos world.

She is responsible for agencies that uphold the law - she in not in charge of the law (unless you think for example the Police are the ‘law’- and you don’t strike me as a wannabe gangster who would use such terminology). That is something entirely different and suggests a unilateral ability to make, amend, cancel the rules that regulate us. She doesn’t have that power.

Yes, of course. However, as "Legislative programme" doesn't appear in the responsibilities of other ministers, we can presume hers is a parliament wide responsibility ............ ie the whole approval process included.

She may have responsibility for a legislative programme, it doesn’t mean she has responsibility for the approval process. Once legislation has gone through the necessary hurdles and received Royal Assent and therefore becomes an Act of Parliament it will be her responsibility, of certainly her departments responsibility to ensure it’s implemented.

She is responsible for agencies that uphold the law - she in not in charge of the law (unless you think for example the Police are the ‘law’- and you don’t strike me as a wannabe gangster who would use such terminology). That is something entirely different and suggests a unilateral ability to make, amend, cancel the rules that regulate us. She doesn’t have that power.................

Daleks initially posted that she was in charge of "our laws", not "the law". Given her responsibilities on the YouGov website (ie "Legislative programme"), this is clearly correct.

.........She may have responsibility for a legislative programme, it doesn’t mean she has responsibility for the approval process. Once legislation has gone through the necessary hurdles and received Royal Assent and therefore becomes an Act of Parliament it will be her responsibility, of certainly her departments responsibility to ensure it’s implemented.

I don't know your current occupation, but if it's in a reasonable sized organisation, then I'm fairly sure that you'll be well aware that when someone has "programme responsibility", even though they may not be directly responsible for individual functional activities, they (as it says on the tin) retain overall responsibility for that programme.

When legislation is passed, then that will be the point where responsibility for enforcement will pass to the AG and CPS etc.

Regardless, the first point still stands though

Daleks initially posted that she was in charge of "our laws", not "the law". Given her responsibilities on the YouGov website (ie "Legislative programme"), this is clearly correct.

She isn't in charge of our laws. That would mean she has control over them. She doesn’t. That’s a separate process. She is responsible for ensuring the laws that are passed are implemented by those tasked with enforcing them.

I don't know your current occupation, but if it's in a reasonable sized organisation, then I'm fairly sure that you'll be well aware that when someone has "programme responsibility", even though they may not be directly responsible for individual functional activities, they (as it says on the tin) retain overall responsibility for that programme.

Correct. However you were talking about the legislative programme, which she may have responsibility for introducing and the approval process, which is something entirely different and for which she is not responsible for.

When legislation is passed, then that will be the point where responsibility for enforcement will pass to the AG and CPS etc.

Regardless, the first point still stands though

When an AoP is passed responsibility for implementing it is delegated to the relevant government department. Enforcing laws are the responsibility of various public agencies such as the Police, Immigration etc. The AGs office (working with HO) has responsibility/oversight for the CPS who prosecute any breaches.

As you said ......... tomaytos, tomahtos.

By the way, where the f*** has Johnson got to? Has he realised the depth of the doo-doo he's got us into, or is he just self-quarantining from Coronavirus?

As you said ......... tomaytos, tomahtos.

By the way, where the f*** has Johnson got to? Has he realised the depth of the doo-doo he's got us into, or is he just self-quarantining from Coronavirus?

I think Dominic has grounded him.

He was sighted yesterday, greeting the Croatian PM. I’m sure he was seen a few days ago as well with our lovely new Blue passports 😉

It’s seems he can’t win though - when he’s visible folk moan, when he’s not folk moan!

In Pritti news today, she told Police Chiefs (they do something with the law MiW) that they need to up their game now they have 20,000 new police men. Not certain these are all in place in an oven ready way.

Anyway she told them that she wanted to see murder rates to be reduced??
How on earth will this be realised?
By believing at bit more? Like we were told to believe in brexit.
Or maybe the police will fix the figures, sorry re-categorise the arrest statistics

ooooo that smirk

Maybe ........ she's thinking that if the Police recruit the murdering type, then they'll have less time on their hands, so won't be able to commit murder at the same rate as they have been , and howsyourfather, drop in the murder rate.

She's cunning. Hence the smirk.

On another tack ........ well done Javid for your neat little pop in you speech today. I can't help thinking though that it was only half hearted. For all the (good) reasons he resigned, (one of them being because he thought the proposed "joining" of Nos 10 and 11 teams of advisors, was against the interests of national security ! :oops:), he's insinuating that Sunak is willing to go along with that ..................... so why the hell didn't he say that the national interests STILL aren't being served ?!

You chicken Sajid.

Perhaps the police could, you know, start clamping down of knife crime and gang culture. A problem that was ignored for years due to concerns over ‘race relations’. A pretty warped concern mind you. Given it was black kids disproportionately suffering at the hands of these thugs.

The fight back against woke culture that has done so much damage has started. Just as we, at last, are seeing a common sense approach to immigration.

Police hierarchy and Civil Servants are in for a rude awakening. All of which has significant public backing. Just another example of the left being out of touch with the mood of the country.

When they start to get some of their 20,000 extra officers (you know, to take them back to nearly the number they had ten years ago), they might do just that Studs.