Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 391 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Can't see MiW being happy with all this spending, last time this was discussed he seemed to deny the multiplier effect, although it could have been the poor way he presented his argument.

A major crack down on Law and Order? Do we need any more laws? What is missing, or do you mean capital punishment?

Immigration again what do we need? Gun boats in the channel, a wall in the English Channel?

Reform the Courts, again what do you mean? Should the Judiciary not be independent? Do you want a political Judiciary, just like in the USA?

Spending on the right things such as infrastructure is essential. Spending more on things that don’t realise benefits aren’t, nor is throwing money into a bottomless pit like the nhs when alternate funding methods are available.

Do we need more laws? I’d say we need more effective and lengthy sentencing. Oh and prisons. Lots more of them. Deporting foreign national criminals is also essential - which brings us onto the courts. It’s why we’ve a new AG and why the old one will be looking into the use of courts to interfere in political matters.

Water cannons are used all the world - except in this lily livered country. Hopefully they can get to work on giving police powers to use these where necessary, (though we’ve obviously flogged the ones he bought).
Pretty sure the issue with the cannons is that they didn't work in this country as they had '67 faults' which determined the Met Police saying no thanks. They were made in Germany and they had £1,000 stereos installed. Flogged them for a reason.

There have been rumours of Sunak being appointed to the role for sometime. I suspect it’s a trap Javid - and I like the man - fell into, as Boris couldn't sack him at this point.

Sunak has the qualifications and has risen significantly in the ranks. Stood in during the leaders debate in December and did extremely well as a relative media unknown. Ripped Wrong Daily to pieces, not a particularly hard task admittedly, but was an accomplishment performance. A Brexit supporter to boot, so even better news.

For you, may be. He'll be having his strings pulled by Cummings, I suspect. Another privately educated, privileged yes man.

If anyone was in any doubt. It’s becoming increasingly clear this government intends to deliver on its promises. We will see the kind of radical politics last seen in the 80’s. Only adapted to the 2020’s.

Spending is going to shoot up. Both on public services and major infrastructure projects. High growth will be the target. A major crackdown on Law & Order, Immigration, reform of the Courts. No doubt the BBC license fee is also due for the chop.

They need a slimmed down government speaking with one voice.

My god, you'll believe anything in the Sun.

Last edited:
Spending on the right things such as infrastructure is essential. Spending more on things that don’t realise benefits aren’t, nor is throwing money into a bottomless pit like the nhs when alternate funding methods are available.

Do we need more laws? I’d say we need more effective and lengthy sentencing. Oh and prisons. Lots more of them. Deporting foreign national criminals is also essential - which brings us onto the courts. It’s why we’ve a new AG and why the old one will be looking into the use of courts to interfere in political matters.

They've spent nothing for the last ten years, that's why. HS2 will be a huge waste of tax payers' contributions...would be better spent on improving the dilapidated transport system that is an embarrassment to this country.

There was I thinking you had logged on to pay your lost wager as per my previously ignored insulting post...have you no shame you fraud ?

For you, may be. He'll be having his strings pulled by Cummings, I suspect. Another privately educated, privileged yes man.

Have you something against privately educated people?

The ones with no brain cells cells, more like!

No definitely the ones with them.

They've spent nothing for the last ten years, that's why. HS2 will be a huge waste of tax payers' contributions...would be better spent on improving the dilapidated transport system that is an embarrassment to this country.

Perhaps. Maybe. Difficult decision either way, though I’d have done as you state and invested it elsewhere in the transport system.

Ah selective quoting and subsequent selective meaningless dog whistle statements
e.g. infrastructure spending, you mean like hospitals?
e.g. do you mean laws or sentencing?
e.g. more prisons, possibly we do (they are overcrowded, there are not enough warders and prisoners are locked up for too long each day) but we also need to spend money on rehabilitation and education and training for prisoners. In the above I am not being liberal, just suggesting that simply locking up in crowded prisons is not the simplistic solution. Johnson needs to spend money on the prison estate and staffing, in essence reverse the actions of the Tory Government over the last 10 years, especially Grayling's. By the way prisons are not fun places to be in.
New A.G., hmmm suspect barrister qualifications from a USA correspondence course I have heard.
I take your point about the courts: courts make decisions, mostly correct sometimes wrong, loads of examples of this in the past. You do ignore my point about the potential corruption of the judiciary arising from political appointments. I know you are mad with judges cause they tried to block your version of Brexit. However, we do need an independent judiciary to question the illegal actions of politicians.

Cable cars, what can I say. Only really needed due to lack of alternate transportation or geographic constraints. Predominantly used as tourist attractions too. Ngong Ping in Hong Kong to Lantau and one in Singapore linking it to Sentosa Island are excellent examples I have been on relatively recently and their location major them viable. The one in London should have been a big tourist attraction but has been badly located in my view.
There you go chatting about your foreign holidays again.
I bet you know who paid for them.

It’s amazing what perspective and life experiences travel can bring. You ought to try it and expand your horizons, because judging by recent posts you certainty need it.

You really think you are superior to everyone else don't you , why do you need to insult everyone, absolute no need for the last utterance.

I thought I'd check the Daily Mail website ........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...efuses-condemn-controversial-new-adviser.html

Does this make it fake news?

FFS LMB, lay off with the personal mudslinging. Yes, yes, I know, you'll argue that MiW does it too ............ but your outburst on the Caroline Flack thread was frankly uncalled for.

As it happens, I agree with you re the hiring of Sabisky, it's disgraceful............ but if we aren't able to disagree without the personal jibes, well maybe Sabisky has a point re there needing to be permanent underclass. ----- JOKE !!! however poor the taste.

Last edited: