Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 383 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

The significant news is NI Assembly reconvening. A knock on effect from Boris’s majority and a shakeup in NI itself. The left’s obsession with issues that don’t concern people continues unabated. The Big Ben Bong is a bit of fun, national pride. Not worth getting heated up about.

But the sweeping generalisations continue and lessons haven’t been learned. Meanwhile, it’s business as usual at the grassroots.

And in the real world NI political parties realise they have no power or leverage, with the Tory 80 seat majority + a threat from No10 and magically the NI Assembly reconvenes

Fair point Studs..........though I suppose at least, they're being consistent ............... as opposed to Johnson, Javid et al, who said one thing, but are now embarking on a plan to do summat completely at odds with what they promised.
:rolleyes:

The torags destroyed mining communities, why should tory MP's be invited or included in a working class tradition because they have conned the British public with a wave of nationalism that will further destroy communities in the north of this country. These MP's are sticking their chests out and making demands with a total lack of humility or consideration because they think they have been given the right to do so.

Really worrying now. I like Lisa Nandy, but for the sake of the Labour Party, she needs to back out of the race and publicity endorse Starmer. Rebecca Long Bailey cannot be allowed to lead Labour under any circumstances or you might as well extend the Tory lease on Downing Street by at least another ten years.

Really worrying now. I like Lisa Nandy, but for the sake of the Labour Party, she needs to back out of the race and publicity endorse Starmer. Rebecca Long Bailey cannot be allowed to lead Labour under any circumstances or you might as well extend the Tory lease on Downing Street by at least another ten years.

I agree re Long Bailey, but not Nandy. A Starmer/Nandy partnership would be formidable.

Using a football analogy, I think Long Bailey and the others are not up to Championship level, like Jacobs and Massey. We (Labour) need to be aiming to get back in the Premier League. Starmer and Nandy can do it.

Last edited:
I agree re Long Bailey, but not Nandy. A Srarmer/Nandy partnership would be formidable.

Using a football analogy, I think Long Bailey and the others are not up to Championship level, like Jacobs and Massey. We (Labour) needs to be aiming to get back in the Premier League. Starmer and Nandy can do it.
Nandy would be my first choice as leader don’t get me wrong. But she won’t get the votes that Starmer will. That’s why I believe she needs to play tactically to ensure Starmer beats Long Bailey.

Last edited:
I'm with you two chaps in going for Starmer or Nandy over Long-Bailey.

I think Nandy has come up on the rails, gradually enhancing her standing by strong, confident performances. The Neil interview, the hustings, her "stupid question" response to Nick Robinson ......... Rarely flustered, more than competent in standing up for herself, she's got a fairly decent chance herself ......... especially if the Labour party are keen to elect their first female leader.

To be fair to Nandy she comes across as the most credible candidate and has done very well in the media rounds. Assured and confident. Far more pragmatic and less ideological that that idiot Wrong Daily. Whether she has the gravitas to take on the role and lead this dysfunctional party at this point in history I’m not too sure.

To be fair to Nandy she comes across as the most credible candidate and has done very well in the media rounds. Assured and confident. Far more pragmatic and less ideological that that idiot Wrong Daily. Whether she has the gravitas to take on the role and lead this dysfunctional party at this point in history I’m not too sure.

Maybe, it's more a case of a dysfunctional electorate/electoral process! 😕

The torags destroyed mining communities, why should tory MP's be invited or included in a working class tradition because they have conned the British public with a wave of nationalism that will further destroy communities in the north of this country. These MP's are sticking their chests out and making demands with a total lack of humility or consideration because they think they have been given the right to do so.
If the Labour Party and it’s supporters quit patronising voters. With claims they weren’t intelligent enough to make an informed decision. Portraying them as helpless victims in rundown communities. Maybe we wouldn’t have seen working class communities across the country vote Tory.

Also worth noting many of the northern Tory MP’s are locals from working class backgrounds. Momentum favoured candidates got the nod with Labour regardless of local connections.

The people of this country are aspirational. That’s what Blair tapped into. All candidates are reluctant to praise their most successful leader yet won’t criticise Corbyn’s failures.

It’s 2020 and yet Labour’s ideologies are rooted back in the 1970’s. They were unelectable then, and they’re unelectable, now.

If the Labour Party and it’s supporters quit patronising voters. With claims they weren’t intelligent enough to make an informed decision. Portraying them as helpless victims in rundown communities. Maybe we wouldn’t have seen working class communities across the country vote Tory.

Also worth noting many of the northern Tory MP’s are locals from working class backgrounds. Momentum favoured candidates got the nod with Labour regardless of local connections.

The people of this country are aspirational. That’s what Blair tapped into. All candidates are reluctant to praise their most successful leader yet won’t criticise Corbyn’s failures.

It’s 2020 and yet Labour’s ideologies are rooted back in the 1970’s. They were unelectable then, and they’re unelectable, now.

Twaddle on so many levels, the biggest being Labour being "electable", they won two elections in the 70s, the only thing Tony Blair tapped into was support from one of the most powerful men in Britain, despite him being a foreigner, Rupert Murdock
Can you tell us all who were the 'momentum favoured' candidates and where these failed to get elected, yet another momentum untruth spewed out because of preconceived and ill researched prejudice. Local constituency groups chose candidates. Momentum get no say in who or who isn't the candidate.

Last edited: