Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 147 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Sorry Hindley but that doesn't work.
There may well be those who want to leave with a deal, but would rather stay than crash out with no deal.

Remain has got to be an option.

Sorry Moonay that's the end of democracy then.....leave won be that fair / square / indifferent so if anything abide by the vote & maybe have a vote on leave with / without a deal but I'm afraid that wud take another 3 years. Seems to me remainers like yourself are using any arguments to get another vote.

Not really Jock. I think I've explained my logic fairly clearly......... and Jonathan Pie agrees.
?

There may well be those who want to leave with a deal, but would rather stay than crash out with no deal.

Yes those that don't want to crash out with no deal vote for a deal. What's remain got to do with it ? Its leave with or without a deal that is now the question. If leave with a deal wins then so be it and being a democrat I would accept that.

Yes those that don't want to crash out with no deal vote for a deal. What's remain got to do with it ?.......
Because like I said, they may prefer to stay rather than no deal.

Its quite simple. They very possibly only voted leave in the first place cos of what was promised during the campaign.

Because like I said, they may prefer to stay rather than no deal.

Its quite simple. They very possibly only voted leave in the first place cos of what was promised during the campaign.

Sorry Moonay...your just coming across as a bitter remain loser using any argument to bring it around. So in ur world we have another vote(which we shouldn't)...leave wins again, it then takes another 2 years of bullshit gameplay with little movement from EU - what we do then - go again with yet another vote cos remain lost.

Jock, I think I've explained what I think should happen and why, in quite a reasonable manner......... at least twice.

If May's deal had gone through, I could have lived with that. Unfortunately, it wasn't good enough for some of the most ardent Brexiteers.

It's their influence which is pushing us toward something that (yet again) no one specifically voted for.

That's not bitterness......... Its reason.

Yet a recent poll has suggested more people want out under any circumstances than want to remain. Are you ignoring that as well as the referendum result? Surely not.

Yet a recent poll has suggested more people want out under any circumstances than want to remain. Are you ignoring that as well as the referendum result? Surely not.
I commented on that "poll" earlier in the thread. It's about as legitimate as Jeff's Wright's claim that Roberts is a winger.
?

Jock, I think I've explained what I think should happen and why, in quite a reasonable manner......... at least twice.

If May's deal had gone through, I could have lived with that. Unfortunately, it wasn't good enough for some of the most ardent Brexiteers.

It's their influence which is pushing us toward something that (yet again) no one specifically voted for.

That's not bitterness......... Its reason.

So u say "if May's deal had gone thru I could have lived with that".....oh so very easy to say that when the original deal was voted down by the biggest majority in parliamentary history, oh so easy cos u therefore knew ANY modified deal would also fail. Bit like saying after our euphoric victory over city in the cup ( either of them) - oh well I wouldn't have begrudge City winning - as I say easy words wen u know it will never happen...

Def tad of bitterness imo

You're missing the point Jock. The ERG stopped it going through.......even though Johnson voted for it.

A second vote, with all options on the table is so obvious, it's painful.

You're missing the point Jock. The ERG stopped it going through.......even though Johnson voted for it.

A second vote, with all options on the table is so obvious, it's painful.

Nah not missing the point - u say you'd have accepted May's deal but like I say it's so very easy to say you'll accept something when in reality you know it is NEVER going to happen regardless who stopped it going thru. As u already knew it was voted down by the biggest majority ever. Painfully clinging onto any hope of a second vote which I might add would be curtains for democracy & voting as a whole. IMO a 2nd vote would most likely be followed up by a campaign to boycott it or get all tied up in legal shenanigans.

Nah not missing the point - u say you'd have accepted May's deal but like I say it's so very easy to say you'll accept something when in reality you know it is NEVER going to happen regardless who stopped it going thru. As u already knew it was voted down by the biggest majority ever. Painfully clinging onto any hope of a second vote which I might add would be curtains for democracy & voting as a whole. IMO a 2nd vote would most likely be followed up by a campaign to boycott it or get all tied up in legal shenanigans.

I agree with you on this, Jock. If a second referendum were to materialise, with the inclusion of a 'remain option', it would run the risk of completely ignoring the wishes of the majority of the population, as expressed in the initial vote. This would be a disaster for the democratic system of voting.

Jock.....Mays deal was voted down 3 times.... the margin got smaller each time. I didn't want the deal, but my point is it was (on the final time) not passed because of those with an ulterior motive. You still haven't commented on the points raised in the clip.

Will, "the majority of the population"? Really? Don't get fooled by henski's link to the Telegraph's bollocks.

"The majority of the population" did not vote to leave in the initial referendum. It was won by a small majority, with millions of people not voting at all.