Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 146 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Will, I have two views on this. I'm not sure which one persuades me most.
Either, Johnson has shown that he is capable of plotting to circumvent parliament in order to push through leaving on 31/10 ,..... or........ he's that unpredictable, changeable and duplicitous that even he doesn't know what he's going to do tomorrow.

Which of those two scenarios would you prefer?

I hope you're right on the first point. Apparently, Johnson has agreed to have talks with Varadkar.

As for "it's over to the EU" though .......
- we tell them what we want ................... we get most of it
- we tell them our redlines ....................... they go with them
- we insist on a backstop ........................... they include it
- we get to a deal .......................................... they (27) pass it, (but we - UK - don't)
- we ask for two extensions ........................ they grant them

Yet, somehow, "it's over to the EU".

Bastards.

Shows how inept May was to sign off on that piss poor deal. If one didn’t know better one could be mistaken for thinking she didn’t want to leave. Oh wait..

Yes it’s still over to them - they are claiming they can’t/won’t amend the wa. Drop/amend the backstop aspect and the deal gets approved - which is a far better deal for them than it us. It’s just a game of patience now, it’ll get green lit with just enough time for it to go back to parliament. So effectively nowt will change for the next ten weeks.

I hope you're right on the first point. Apparently, Johnson has agreed to have talks with Varadkar.

As for "it's over to the EU" though .......
- we tell them what we want ................... we get most of it
- we tell them our redlines ....................... they go with them
- we insist on a backstop ........................... they include it
- we get to a deal .......................................... they (27) pass it, (but we - UK - don't)
- we ask for two extensions ........................ they grant them

Yet, somehow, "it's over to the EU".

Bastards.

Moonay seems to me that Brexit is a bit like being manager of the Tics....alot of folk who will never be in manager of the Tics yet can in an instant name the team for the next match, allude to the tactics & sort out our defensive frailties whilst sorting out our goal scoring...amazing. The same people can also tell us how we sort out brexit, the best way forward, advise on how to negotiate with the EU whilst getting us a cracking deal or on the other hand how naive we are to leave, it will be a disaster, the current incumbent is useless & hasn't got a clue!!!!
Alas none of them will manage Latics nor will the government be seeking their advice on how to best go forward with Brexit....

Will......... I suppose an unpredictable buffoon is somehow slightly more preferable than leaving with no deal., not much of a plan, and no real idea of how to solve some of the immediate problems that will present themselves.

Jock....... I don't think I've been doing any armchair management. Commenting on the abject shambles of the position we're in (and the behaviour of those who got us here) isn't the same as saying what we should have done, or should do in future.

It may well be that Johnson and Co do have a realistic plan, but if that's the case, they aren't doing a very good job of communicating it.

Instead, they appear to be intent on ensuring the EU takes the blame for whatever happens. Of course, if it turns out to be sunlit uplands, I'm sure they'll give the EU full credit for that.

Will......... I suppose an unpredictable buffoon is somehow slightly more preferable than leaving with no deal., not much of a plan, and no real idea of how to solve some of the immediate problems that will present themselves.

Jock....... I don't think I've been doing any armchair management. Commenting on the abject shambles of the position we're in (and the behaviour of those who got us here) isn't the same as saying what we should have done, or should do in future.

It may well be that Johnson and Co do have a realistic plan, but if that's the case, they aren't doing a very good job of communicating it.

Instead, they appear to be intent on ensuring the EU takes the blame for whatever happens. Of course, if it turns out to be sunlit uplands, I'm sure they'll give the EU full credit for that.

Wasn't alluding that u were armchair managing...merely saying a few folk on here do armchair manager via fifa20 or whatever number it is these days. Think whoever is in power for the next 4/5/6 years is going to constantly blame Brexit for ANY governmental cock up / error much in the same way any current job loses or downturn in the economy is blamed on Brexit.
As for our current buffon in charge as u say he may well have a plan but he's not quite sure yet n if it goes tits up it'll be Mrs May's fault...

Brexit Poll Suggests Support For Boris Johnson To Push Through No-Deal
Graeme Demianyk,HuffPost UK 14 hours ago

The prospect of Boris Johnson forcing through a no-deal Brexit appears to have support from the public, with a poll indicating a large proportion want to leave the EU by any means necessary.
A ComRes poll for The Telegraph found 44% of the public agree that the prime minister “needs to deliver Brexit by any means, including suspending parliament if necessary, in order to prevent MPs from stopping it”, while 37% disagreed and 19% did not know.
The finding was billed as 54% supporting the move after stripping out the ‘don’t knows’. The survey of 2,011 British adults is available here.
The PM has refused to rule out a move to prorogue - or suspend - parliament in the weeks before October 31 to stop politicians passing laws to stop Britain leaving the EU without a deal.
The ComRes findings contrast to a YouGov poll in June that found by 47% to 24% British people oppose proroguing parliament in order to force through a no-deal Brexit.

Watching news last night & there was a story on problems for women trying get HRT patches/ medicine n there's an acute shortage. They were explaining a shortage worldwide for certain ingredients, whilst it was going on I thot 'wot not blaming Brexit'....low n behold to finish the story they said it's probably to do with Brexit with some unscrupulous suppliers holding stuff back....

god help us if we have a really severe winter, can see news at ten headlines " Severe snow forecast for the whole of the UK resulting in major disruption, experts are directly linking this to Brexit".....one remainer was quoted as saying " see this is what happens when u vote to leave the warm enclaves of the EU, there's worse to come, u mark my words"...for the rest of the news .. yada,yada, yada

Hahahahaha. So, The paper for which the PM is/was a columnist is supporting his shame-faced abuse of power ! Whodathowt?

Also, you've got to love the playing about with the numbers. Take out those who didn't express a view one way or the other (surprisingly, a fifth of those questioned) and hey presto, we have a majority in favour of Johnson steamrollering parliament.

What's the old phrase? ............. Lies, damned lies and statistics !

How about another referendum asking the question Leave or Stay. Would the result be accepted next time or not?
That would be a daft question, the same as it was the first time. "Leave" can have so many connotations. No deal, deal, what kind of deal, etc.

Depends if the cry babies get the result they want.

You could argue that the cry babies are the Tory MPs who weren't getting the "leave" they wanted, and so voted against May's deal.

It couldn't have been that bad. After all, the current PM (and many of his cabinet) voted for it.
:rolleyes:

You could argue that the cry babies are the Tory MPs who weren't getting the "leave" they wanted, and so voted against May's deal.

It couldn't have been that bad. After all, the current PM (and many of his cabinet) voted for it.
:rolleyes:

Moonay, imo it's a cluster fuck however u look at it. Firstly Cameron promised a referendum on our EU membership - now in hindsight that was a bit basic as all we had was simple Y/N & now people saying should have had a/b/c included ( wud it still be a referendum then!!).
Secondly...Cameron & co didn't expect that result which then started all this jockeying for power / position & also in hindsight should have galvanised the labour party in action.
Thirdly...it's shown the EU & the rest of the world what a laughing stock our political elite are, so busy in house fighting that the country is left to flounder.
Lastly....if I had hindsight I'd be able to say....well Brexit it wasn't as fearful as they all made out / well Brexit they were right it has fucked us up royally / well here we are 4 years down the line BJ didn't manage to get us out n still waiting to see what's going on meanwhile screaming Lord Sutch has just won a landslide GE & promises to unite us all again......my money is on the latter!!!!

Did you like the Jonathon Pie clip Jock? I think that answers your point about the referendum question.

Y/N was fine for gauging opinion, but with only that as a question, there obviously had to be a second stage re how we were to actually leave. Either that, or (as I have said before - albeit for a second vote), they should have listed various leave options (alongside "remain"), and then taken it as a proportional representation vote. It wouldn't have been difficult.

Moonay, imo it's a cluster fuck however u look at it. Firstly Cameron promised a referendum on our EU membership - now in hindsight that was a bit basic as all we had was simple Y/N & now people saying should have had a/b/c included ( wud it still be a referendum then!!).
Secondly...Cameron & co didn't expect that result which then started all this jockeying for power / position & also in hindsight should have galvanised the labour party in action.
Thirdly...it's shown the EU & the rest of the world what a laughing stock our political elite are, so busy in house fighting that the country is left to flounder.
Lastly....if I had hindsight I'd be able to say....well Brexit it wasn't as fearful as they all made out / well Brexit they were right it has fucked us up royally / well here we are 4 years down the line BJ didn't manage to get us out n still waiting to see what's going on meanwhile screaming Lord Sutch has just won a landslide GE & promises to unite us all again......my money is on the latter!!!!

Screaming Lord Such is dead

Did you like the Jonathon Pie clip Jock? I think that answers your point about the referendum question.

Y/N was fine for gauging opinion, but with only that as a question, there obviously had to be a second stage re how we were to actually leave. Either that, or (as I have said before - albeit for a second vote), they should have listed various leave options (alongside "remain"), and then taken it as a proportional representation vote. It wouldn't have been difficult.

Dominic Cummings thought it would need 2 votes
1 to get the decision
1 to determine what type​

He seems to have changed his mind, just like the clown​

I wouldn't mind another vote but remain has had its chance and lost. Leave with or without a deal is the question.
Sorry Hindley but that doesn't work.
There may well be those who want to leave with a deal, but would rather stay than crash out with no deal.

Remain has got to be an option.