Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 385 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

I agree with you Studs.

That kind of thinking is shamefully blinkered. Even if it were true, then it only proves that Corbyn was wrong for agreeing to the election in the first place.

It was only ever going to be a pseudo referendum, but with a different voting process, in which he would always struggle to come up trumps. (No. There are no other words to complete that sentence. 👀 If we were talking about Johnson ..... then, maybe).

I agree with you Studs.

That kind of thinking is shamefully blinkered. Even if it were true, then it only proves that Corbyn was wrong for agreeing to the election in the first place.

It was only ever going to be a pseudo referendum, but with a different voting process, in which he would always struggle to come up trumps. (No. There are no other words to complete that sentence. 👀 If we were talking about Johnson ..... then, maybe).

Biased media coverage determined the election result in my humble opinion......even more true than with previous elections.

Biased media coverage determined the election result in my humble opinion......even more true than with previous elections.

Oh, come on Notts. You're not naive. Do you really believe that?

Regardless, I'll give you that the written press are obviously biased (whichever way), but I never saw that from the Beeb, ITV, C4 or even Sky news. In fact, as far as the Beeb goes, let's face it, both sides accused them of favouring the other (main) party. A one-sided view all round if you ask me !

Labour were never going to win an election that should have been a referendum. They should have force a hung parliament though. The fact that they lost so badly goes to show how awry their planning and preparation was in terms of expected swing seats etc.

No point closing eyes, sticking fingers in ears and singing "la" ............ not if they want to win next time round.

Oh, come on Notts. You're not naive. Do you really believe that?

Regardless, I'll give you that the written press are obviously biased (whichever way), but I never saw that from the Beeb, ITV, C4 or even Sky news. In fact, as far as the Beeb goes, let's face it, both sides accused them of favouring the other (main) party. A one-sided view all round if you ask me !

Labour were never going to win an election that should have been a referendum. They should have force a hung parliament though. The fact that they lost so badly goes to show how awry their planning and preparation was in terms of expected swing seats etc.

No point closing eyes, sticking fingers in ears and singing "la" ............ not if they want to win next time round.

I absolutely do believe it, Moonay. Apologies if it doesn't comply with how you perceive it to be. 😢

Ive been saying for some time that this country needs a credible opposition and we just haven’t had it. Despite the ge spanking labour won’t acknowledge the reasons why and are happy to carry on regardless. If they can’t accept why they lost then they’ll just repeat the same mistakes. Delusion is strong with a good number in the party and it has to be asked what is it’s purpose? It can’t be to govern. It needs a credible leader to sort it out and educate these idiots or expel them.

Oh and happy Brexit Eve everyone ✌️

You're not that naive, Moonay. Mind you, I bet you believe advertising has no influence on your consumption behaviour. 😉

From a political point of view, I think that biased media coverage merely reinforces, as opposed to influencing or reeling in.

Regardless, blaming the media for the loss is dangerously short-sighted.

A little like RLBs 10/10 for Corbyn. Its actually an example of why she's not (yet) right for the job.

From a political point of view, I think that biased media coverage merely reinforces, as opposed to influencing or reeling in.

A little like RLBs 10/10 for Corbyn. Its actually an example of why she's not (yet) right for the job.

Whatever anyone thinks about Corbyn, those that are unable to think for themselves and never check the actual truth lapped up an unprecedented witch hunt and campaign of negativity by many sources including potical opponents, media barons and even Labour MP's.

Are you honestly suggesting or even believing murdock, the tax dodging group the Barclay brothers, Rothsmere, Desmond or the corrupt Russian billionaire actually gave Corbyn or the labour party a fair crack of the whip.

No. I've neither said nor implied anything of the sort. I'm just saying that the coverage given by the press wasn't the reason Labour lost the election.

No. I've neither said nor implied anything of the sort. I'm just saying that the coverage given by the press wasn't the reason Labour lost the election.

Afraid to say Moonay but imo the majority of Labour MP's , their membership & their supporters have taken NO heed nor listened to the electorate but would rather focus on telling everyone that the reason for their loss was due to biast media coverage, witchunts & Russian interference or any other straw they can clutch at.
They couldn't & still can't see that having a totally unelectable leader, a confusing stance on Brexit, it's Nationalisation of everything & it's free unsustainable giveaways ( broadband / Waspy) were falling on deaf ears. Even losing Labour heartland seats in the North & Wales they still attempt to make excuses, they're still burying their heads in the sand instead of listening to those lost voters.
This current government must be one of the most inept & untrustworthy that are in power yet look set to be there for at least a decade unless Labour, it's members & supporters can sort out it's Leadership, policies & get back onside of the working class.

Ive been saying for some time that this country needs a credible opposition and we just haven’t had it. Despite the ge spanking labour won’t acknowledge the reasons why and are happy to carry on regardless. If they can’t accept why they lost then they’ll just repeat the same mistakes. Delusion is strong with a good number in the party and it has to be asked what is it’s purpose? It can’t be to govern. It needs a credible leader to sort it out and educate these idiots or expel them.

Oh and happy Brexit Eve everyone ✌️

Only the purest and most delusional in labour, not Labour

Afraid to say Moonay but imo the majority of Labour MP's , their membership & their supporters have taken NO heed nor listened to the electorate but would rather focus on telling everyone that the reason for their loss was due to biast media coverage, witchunts & Russian interference or any other straw they can clutch at.
They couldn't & still can't see that having a totally unelectable leader, a confusing stance on Brexit, it's Nationalisation of everything & it's free unsustainable giveaways ( broadband / Waspy) were falling on deaf ears. Even losing Labour heartland seats in the North & Wales they still attempt to make excuses, they're still burying their heads in the sand instead of listening to those lost voters.
This current government must be one of the most inept & untrustworthy that are in power yet look set to be there for at least a decade unless Labour, it's members & supporters can sort out it's Leadership, policies & get back onside of the working class.

As the railways get nationalised.
Grant Sharps / Michael Green said that he wants a board to run the railways, what about British Rail?

Problem is that a genuine Labour party is always up against a right wing press. OK, the Sun supported Blair, but he was an admirer of the Iron Lady!

Over 100,000 new members since the election, Jock.....suggests that people are waking up to the knock on the door of a right wing Government.

Over 100,000 new members since the election, Jock.....suggests that people are waking up to the knock on the door of a right wing Government.

Are those new members still hoping for free broadband, nationalisation of major industries & the planting of 2 billion trees?
Serious question Notts - do you think Labour in it's current guise are electable?

Erm....... given that the press is (almost) totally against Labour, don't you think that this goes some way to disproving your point re the loss being the fault of that same press?

Labour voters have read the Sun etc for years. In December, despite Johnson being a prick, and the Tory front bench being largely from the muppet show, a malignant combination of Brexit and Corbyn's unelectability consigned the party to another loss.

Or......... we could make excuses.