Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 384 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

I know we should pick a right wing blair clone just to suit you toerags.

Ps

How are your trade talks going, Austraila and NewZealand told you that your proposals are laughable already, the yanks have put tariffs on cars and Scotch Whisky and wont remove them and told britain to do one on extraditing a woman who killed a young british lad while she was busy on her phone.

Great start to this brave new insular utopian nation you all crave.

Ps RLB isn't my choice either but is far more preferable and sincere as a leader than the disgraceful lying megalomaniac you have put your faith in.

Last edited:
I know we should pick a right wing blair clone just to suit you toerags.

Ps

How are your trade talks going, Austraila and NewZealand told you that your proposals are laughable already, the yanks have put tariffs on cars and Scotch Whisky and wont remove them and told britain to do one on extraditing a woman who killed a young british lad while she was busy on her phone.

Great start to this brave new insular utopian nation you all crave.

Ps RLB isn't my choice either but is far more preferable and sincere as a leader than the disgraceful lying megalomaniac you have put your faith in.
I’m afraid your post is a text book example of why the Labour Party now faces an existential crisis. A lack of humility, recognition of deeply unpopular policies, and rejection of far left ideologies.

The same politics of fear, jealousy, division, paranoia. With more than your fair share of half-truths and outright lies. Like every Labour Party briefing during the General Election campaign.

It’s not even Tory vs Labour any longer. As demonstrated by the current memberships hatred of Blair. The only Labour leader to be elected in the last 45 years!

"Deeply unpopular policies" Studs? Are you sure?

There no doubt that Corbyn as an individual was firmly rejected (largely due to some of his previous stances), and the party's dithering on brexit (from the very outset) meant many lifelong Labour voters cast their votes elsewhere this time, but from nowhere do i get the feeling that the actual policies were unpopular.

Any road, Johnson's well on the way to revealing his campaign was full of lies and bollox. Time to get the beer and popcorn in, put your feet up, and watch the whole shambles unravel.

Last edited:
Even a good chunk of Labour voters realised their proposals were unrealistic fantasies. Free this that and the other, nationalise everything that isn’t nailed down. Most sensible people knew this was all vastly unaffordable and economically they’d screw the country for generations to come.

Despite an ass whopping Labour cannot accept the reasons they lost. Unfortunately they’ve been cocooned in the echo for too long and lack rational insight into what middle ground voters want , and ultimately they are the ones that decide elections. Sadly they will most likely elect Wrong Daily and repeat the same mistakes. Whatever the PMs failing, you all better get used to him and Conservative governments because the Labour Party are not willing to do what’s necessary to win a general election.

Unrealistic and unpopular are hardly the same thing MiW. Personally, of the 3 seemingly key factors to cause the loss of the election, I'd have had the policies a distant 3rd behind Corbyn himself and then the Brexit approach.

As for the PM, I can't wait to see him start to bumble and fluster when stuff starts to go wrong. He got through this election by a) keeping quiet, and b) using soundbites, vacuous phrases and lies to deflect from any real analysis of him or his policies.

His comeuppance will be a joyous thing to witness.

Whoever’s in government I want them to be a success. That’s what’s best for the country and it’s citizens. Being in power is all about making difficult decisions. Some unpopular for the greater good.

Labour’s looking down the barrel of having one elected PM in the last half century. Quit hoping for others to fail. Quit blaming business and wealth creators. Quit talking about the working class as victims.

The British public have moved on. Labour either changes or dies.

Unrealistic and unpopular are hardly the same thing MiW. Personally, of the 3 seemingly key factors to cause the loss of the election, I'd have had the policies a distant 3rd behind Corbyn himself and then the Brexit approach.

As for the PM, I can't wait to see him start to bumble and fluster when stuff starts to go wrong. He got through this election by a) keeping quiet, and b) using soundbites, vacuous phrases and lies to deflect from any real analysis of him or his policies.

His comeuppance will be a joyous thing to witness.

I haven’t compared the two (unrealistic and unpopular), however they aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive in this context. The policies aren’t overwhelming popular because people know they aren’t realistic.

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree on the order of those reasonings for defeat. Brexit is no longer an election issue so let’s concentrate on the other two. The idiots running Labour really have no concept of what it takes to be elected and govern. To them it’s just a continuation of student politics. Extreme Ideologies in this country doesn’t gain you power. Sadly Wrong Daily is another of those idiots that won’t compromise on this to hit the centre ground and therefore become electable. Putting a female Corbyn in charge of the party won’t win back voters who left because of him and they won’t gain any more because of her. Labour can whinge and whine about Boris all they like, but the reality is unless they are willing to change tack there’s not a great deal they can do about him.

I’m not entirely sure why you want Boris to fail?

I haven’t compared the two (unrealistic and unpopular), however they aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive in this context. The policies aren’t overwhelming popular because people know they aren’t realistic.

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree on the order of those reasonings for defeat. Brexit is no longer an election issue so let’s concentrate on the other two. The idiots running Labour really have no concept of what it takes to be elected and govern. To them it’s just a continuation of student politics. Extreme Ideologies in this country doesn’t gain you power. Sadly Wrong Daily is another of those idiots that won’t compromise on this to hit the centre ground and therefore become electable. Putting a female Corbyn in charge of the party won’t win back voters who left because of him and they won’t gain any more because of her. Labour can whinge and whine about Boris all they like, but the reality is unless they are willing to change tack there’s not a great deal they can do about him.

I’m not entirely sure why you want Boris to fail?
See you are back to your childish names twatty

Whoever’s in government I want them to be a success. ............................

Me too Studs. I just don't think Johnson is the man to deliver a success.

I haven’t compared the two (unrealistic and unpopular), however they aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive in this context. The policies aren’t overwhelming popular because people know they aren’t realistic....................

Studs used the word unpopular. You used the word unrealistic. I was merely pointing out they were two separate adjectives, with completely different, and unrelated, meanings.

........... Labour can whinge and whine about Boris all they like, but the reality is unless they are willing to change tack there’s not a great deal they can do about him.

On this, we agree.

........... I’m not entirely sure why you want Boris to fail?

I don't. That would be daft. See my response to Studs.

A bit of good news over the last couple of days ....................... surely Trump must be screwed now.

Here is a thought about that anti Semitic campaign that was run against Corbyn during the election

If he became PM, he would have recognised Palestine

That would have been popular in Israel