Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 381 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

10 loses of life is most definitely none of the above. I will also add I'm in no way a liberal where I think a terrorist or sympathiser should be pander to & if there is a clear and present danger then take them out. I still stand by my post that you have trivialised the matter & are so cock sure that nothing will come of it....if world leaders took that attitude then it might as well be open season on anyone who dare cross the relevant countries.

Isn't that what trump is like ?

I ask you again, who says he is a state sponsored terrorist ??

Would that be the same people who told the world about Saddam's 'weapons off mass destruction' ?

Unsurprisingly you are reluctant to assess this blokes history and would prefer to ignore the facts. I suggest you do some research and you will find he is a state sponsored terrorist.

Ok I'll tell you you were wrong to classify it as such, namely a playground spat

Playground spat -
Playground = an outdoor area for children to play in.
Spat = minor argument or mild bickering

10 loses of life is most definitely none of the above. I will also add I'm in no way a liberal where I think a terrorist or sympathiser should be pander to & if there is a clear and present danger then take them out. I still stand by my post that you have trivialised the matter & are so cock sure that nothing will come of it....if world leaders took that attitude then it might as well be open season on anyone who dare cross the relevant countries. If my post comes across as condescending then I'm sorry you think that.
We will not agree on any of it so you carry on....oh dear did that sound a bit defeatist from my side 😉

Well we’ll have to disagree then - given what the US could have done then it was at the low end of the scale so a minor playground spat.

A terrorist is dead. The response was a token gesture that was a plea for it not to go further. The President agreed and did not escalate. The key is now to de escalate. As I said initially we’ll have to wait to see the consequences and whether it was a wise decision. I see little point in panicking until that time as it’s something you can’t control. Sadly I suspect the proxy attacks will continue and the US will continue to exercise her right to self defence - though this would have happened regardless.

Plenty of wailing and hysteria about a dead terrorist, very little about Iran’s anti aircraft missile taking out a commercial airliner and the mass loss of life.

The US hasn’t violated Iranian airspace. So are you now blaming this error on Trump now too?

Come on now you know exactly what LMB is saying here or you just looking to have a dig???

In response to ur other post re the Aircraft crash / shot down - definitely a tragedy & if attributed to those Iran missiles then they should be held accountable with suitable action taken imo

Consequence is a funny word, isn't it?

Given that "con" means "against", and sequence means "a series (of events or whatever)" , you'd have thought it meant "against the run of things".

However, it actually means "as a result of".

Yep. Trump's fault. No doubt.

Rubbish to suggest Trump is responsible. Individuals/countries need to start taking responsibility for their own actions instead of always seeking to blame others. I suspect it will come down to a combination of factors - lack of training; inexperienced operator; poor leadership; ineffective communication; defective equipment etc.

......... I suspect it will come down to a combination of factors - lack of training; inexperienced operator; poor leadership; ineffective communication; defective equipment etc.

...... none of which would have led to the downing of the aircraft had the Iranis not been on heightened alert due to their expecting a response to their bombings, which in turn were triggered by Trump's killing of their second in command.

Simple.

...... none of which would have led to the downing of the aircraft had the Iranis not been on heightened alert due to their expecting a response to their bombings, which in turn were triggered by Trump's killing of their second in command.

Simple.

Now hold on a minute Moonay, that's way way too much common sense being spoken by yourself on this subject 👏👏👏 ........get back on your fence 😉

Simple.

No one forced them to launch 22 missiles at a foreign country. The US killed their second in command as he was behind the recent attacks, including on their embassy and was planning more. If you want to go down this line go full circle and it’s the Iranians who are responsible.

Simples 😉

You get a cracking view of things from up here.
😉

"And if this world starts getting you down
There's room enough for two.........."

An even better view from up there Moonay...... cos only MiW views & opinions are the correct ones, the right ones & the only ones he listens to - so for me I'll stay up there "on the........" 🤐😉

No one forced them to launch 22 missiles at a foreign country. The US killed their second in command as he was behind the recent attacks, including on their embassy and was planning more. If you want to go down this line go full circle and it’s the Iranians who are responsible.

Simples 😉
In the same way, no one forced the US to kill Sulameini. Indeed, numerous previous assessments/opportunities had rejected the idea, based on the unacceptable scale of the likely consequences.

Whether or not they were seen to be proven right is, I suppose, open to interpretation.

What's irrefutable is that the immediate precursor was Sulameini's killing.

As for the Iranis planning further imminent attacks, the US administration apparently failed to show a single shred of evidence to Congress of this allegation. Indeed, everything either Trump or Pence has said since the attack has justified it based on revenge and opportunity. Sweet FA mention of any credible threat.

Trump is playing his final few hands........ and it appears he's willing to go "all in".

His end is nigh.

In the same way, no one forced the US to kill Sulameini. Indeed, numerous previous assessments/opportunities had rejected the idea, based on the unacceptable scale of the likely consequences.

Whether or not they were seen to be proven right is, I suppose, open to interpretation.

What's irrefutable is that the immediate precursor was Sulameini's killing.

The immediate precursor was the attack on the US Embassy.

The consequences so far have been insignificant - the tragic deployment of the aam aside, but that was unintentional. If either side wanted war then the recent acts would have been the ideal opportunity to declare it. Lots of posturing and threats, but it’s not being backed up with direct action.

As for the Iranis planning further imminent attacks, the US administration apparently failed to show a single shred of evidence to Congress of this allegation. Indeed, everything either Trump or Pence has said since the attack has justified it based on revenge and opportunity. Sweet FA mention of any credible threat.

Trump is playing his final few hands........ and it appears he's willing to go "all in".

His end is nigh.

As above, if he was wanting to go all in he’d have taken the opportunity to do so. He didn’t.

As for the end is nigh....you’re beginning to sound like Jock 😉

Belting song Jock........ Though at first glance, I just saw the "room enough for two", and immediately thought of Rolf's Two Little Boys!
😳

Perish the thot Moonay ...a Rolf Harris song, introduced by Jimmy Savile......now there's 2 people that should have been in the vehicle with Soleimani - apologises there for an attempt at black humour.