Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 153 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Have opted out of the politico element however Benidorm wow - as others have said it's awesome - want a great traditional tapas and old style spain - old benidorm - tick, want to take the kids - decent family hotels and a great beach - tick, want to get absolutely hammered on a stag - cafe, sinatras, western, neptunes - tick
Cracking time this year and no hassle or dodgy atmosphere at all.
Mind you the bogs at Alicante airport took a right battering going home ??

You're probably not at this stage in your life yet Hampton but don't forget Uncle Peds. Cup of tea and a piece of cake for €1 at about 11AM. They even have free papers to read. It's almost worth getting in your 60s to enjoy ( scrub that, nothing can take the place of taking children away so enjoy every minute of them ). I deliberately book hotels now where children are running round enjoying themselves....I feel on holiday at that point.

Henski, you voted to "leave". No-one, neither you nor any-one else voted to "Leave with no deal".

We've been through this before. I shalln't do so again, just for your benefit.

Attack the views not the poster is what you’ve always preached.

I'm really puzzled by your post. I can't for the life of me work out how you might consider my post to be an "attack" in any way shape or form. Youre searching for a way to be a victim there. Regardless, even if it were an attack, given that it was commenting on the fact that you and MiW were effectively showing joint support for something, surely it would indeed be an" attack" of the post, not the poster(s).

Yes I voted to leave, and if we have to leave with no deal then I would hope that Parliament have done everything they can to ensure that is the best way forward.
I didn't vote to leave with the proviso that we had some sort of deal. Please don't make it out I, or anyone else did either.
As you would say, some will have, some wouldn't have.

I wasn't suggesting you was attacking me.
You seemed to believe I shouldn't attack whittles political view because I rarely, if ever, agree with his football views. I am merely conducting myself in a way you advocate. I support his view that he made in the post, so I 'liked' it. Simple really.

Henski, my apologies for misinterpreting the gist of your point re the "attack" comment.

You liked MiW's post......... I had a bit of fun with that. No harm done.

As for voting intentions, were you supportive of May's deal? (Forgive me. I forget if you've mentioned this before). On the third vote, if Rees-Mogg, Barclay, Francois, Cash et Al would have supported it, then it would likely have passed.

Don't you have fury toward them......... rather than those aiming to stop an outcome which even those in the current cabinet argued would be a disaster?

Today the Clown says scrap the backstop.

He then goes on to propose a backstop by another name.

My opinion:
It was always going to be so.
We get a 2 year transition. Which will be extended.
A reheated version of the WA will be presented, in Parliament.
It will pass, to avoid the consequences of no deal. Helped by Cummings leaking Yellowhammer over the weekend
The Clown will announce we have left by 31 Oct. We have BRINO, because the Clown is not really a leaver.
We get a 50p coin.
Then onto project Ayn Rand.

Whilst I admire Mrs May for sticking to her guns, and trying to deliver the referendum result even though she disagreed with it, I think she made the mistake of trying to keep both sides happy. The deal seemed to reflect this. It seemed to be to be more still in the EU rather than out, so no I didn't think it a great situation.
However if the elected government had passed it I would have accepted it. That's how democracy works I'm afraid.
IMG-20190316-WA0001.jpg

This however is where my fury lies. Not that so many MP's wanted to remain, that was there right like any other individual. But that they have failed in reality to accept the referendum result and many of those 486 have tried ever so hard to stop it happening at all.
Those are the ones who people should be furious with. Those are the ones that have perpetuated division by creating a scene whereby remain supporters to this day still kick off about the referendum result.
And to the degree that even on a football clubs fans forum there are 152 pages and over 3000 posts still arguing even though the people made their decision.

Just a quick question for Leavers here.
IF after we have no-deal Brexit there is a recession, we have to sell off the NHS, there’s a lack of medicine and we can’t import goods due to the backlog of trucks at the border.
I don’t believe personally it will be catastrophic but if even half of what I just wrote comes to fruition then it will cause damage to the country for generations to come.
Will you then apologise? Or will it be worth it for the sovereignty and the blue passport?
Or will it be the remainers fault? The ones who said it would happen all along.
I’m not having a dig at Leavers, just want to know if you would want a second vote if that happened?

Actually with democracy, what happens, if a referendum is found guilty of commiting fraud to influence a vote, then the results would be considered null and void and a fresh vote having to take place after.

Proceeding with the results of said referendum or merely cancelling it altogether without going back and giving the people a vote is against democracy.

I voted to leave. Preferably with a deal but if not without probably along with the others that voted leave. Get on with it and stop worrying..it will all work. Remainers can have another vote in 10 years to assess if we are better in or remain out but the result of the 1st must be implemented....now that's democracy.

Actually with democracy, what happens, if a referendum is found guilty of commiting fraud to influence a vote, then the results would be considered null and void and a fresh vote having to take place after.

Proceeding with the results of said referendum or merely cancelling it altogether without going back and giving the people a vote is against democracy.

Depends on which side your on if its guilty of froud. LEAVERS don't think its froud just those who lost who have and still are by hook of by crook trying to have the result reversed .
I will also say this again, on the ballot paper it did NOT say

Leave
Leave with deal
Remain

That's it in a nutshell no ifs buts or maybe's

IF after we have no-deal Brexit there is a recession, we have to sell off the NHS, there’s a lack of medicine and we can’t import goods due to the backlog of trucks at the border.
I don’t believe personally it will be catastrophic but if even half of what I just wrote comes to fruition then it will cause damage to the country for generations to come.
Will you then apologise? Or will it be worth it for the sovereignty and the blue passport?
I’m not having a dig at Leavers, just want to know if you would want a second vote if that happened?

Richymac...just a quick question for the remainers. What if all the above project fear doesn't come true, the economy booms, jobs increase, free flow of trade a roaring success & inflation at an all time low, will those who voted remain apologise???
It's all ifs, buts & maybe & one of my big maybe's is had the whole of Parliament & the country got behind leave then we would have negotiated a good deal, be shown to be united & not look like clowns on the world's media stage.

And will you apologise if there is very little, if any disruption and the country goes on to prosper in the years to come ? Far too much scaremongering going on. If we are intent on leaving come what may on the 31st October then why not channel ( no pun intended) all our efforts into ensuring an orderly exit and not being lily livered ditherers. It's there for all to see that the EU intended to "punish" us for leaving and why people can't see that is beyond me. Hammond and the like have increased the chances of no deal, by once again tying the hands of the negotiating team.

Deeeeep siiiiigh.

It's all very divisive, isn't it.

One side criticising the other for trying to push through that (they believe) wasn't what was campaigned for.

The other side criticising the first for stopping "the will of the people"! :hmmm:

Both sides have voted against a deal that would have taken us out of the EU. ?Many of the MPs - including the PM - voted both ways at certain times. Yep, the PM voted for a Withdrawal Agreement that he's now arguing is "undemocratic". How the hell does that work, and if he's right now, why the bloody hell did he vote for it previously?

Henski - just remember, the most ardent Brexiteers amongst Troy MPs voteed against a deal which would have (on the 3rd time) taken us out of the EU

Hindley - 10 years sounds like a long time to be in pain if it is indeed as bad as the Government's on paper suggests it might be.

Zakky - the ballot slip said "Leave" .........however, all the Leave campaigning said it would be seamless, and with a great deal that the EU would be only too willing to give us, as we were going to hold all the aces. Sunny Uplands.

Jock - the Government's (not May's, Johnson's) own assessment acknowledges the many many areas of our infrastructure, industry and commerce will likely encounter serious problems if we were to leave with no deal. As for negotiating a good deal, hell, she appointed prominent leading leavers as Brexit Secretary, but one by one, they wilted and failed.

Dudestalker - just how exactly have the EU punished us? We were in a club, to which we used to pay membership. Are you suggesting we should continue to get all the benefits of that club without paying any subs? What have they done to punish us?

What's just tickled me is Farmers whinging that no deal means they'll be under serious pressure if/when we switch to WTO terms, and yet they say they'd vote Leave again. Mind boggling.

Like Ken Clarke has said continuously, if we're going to leave, at least let's make sure we leave without shooting ourselves in the foot .......... or even worse, chopping off a leg.

Richymac...just a quick question for the remainers. What if all the above project fear doesn't come true, the economy booms, jobs increase, free flow of trade a roaring success & inflation at an all time low, will those who voted remain apologise???
It's all ifs, buts & maybe & one of my big maybe's is had the whole of Parliament & the country got behind leave then we would have negotiated a good deal, be shown to be united & not look like clowns on the world's media stage.
I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong... But the pound has dropped, as has GDP and we haven’t even left yet. So I will reserve my apologies until I have seen the fruits of Brexit!
In other news Sam Morsy gave me his shirt after the game so I couldn’t care less haha

I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong... But the pound has dropped, as has GDP and we haven’t even left yet. So I will reserve my apologies until I have seen the fruits of Brexit!
In other news Sam Morsy gave me his shirt after the game so I couldn’t care less haha

Not after any apologises Richym, just trying to point out there are 2 sides to it all with both sides attempting project fear. Nobody knows what will happen. If you remember not so long back when the EU said we should change our currency to the Euro & all the furore over it if we didn't - markets would plummet, £ will devalue, mortgages etc would suffer - DIDN'T HAPPEN, but yet the experts told us it would.

Jock, two things:
- I know you're keen to push the view that both sides said that stuff would happen...... but purely on the shifting to WTO terms, we will end up paying tariffs that we wouldn't otherwise have done (at least, until we establish deals).
- I'm not sure there was such a "project fear" about not joining the euro, but nevertheless, have you seen the current exchange rate?

We do know the impact of leaving...... What we don't know is whether or not we can make a success of it.

I've no doubt that if we don't, then those most in favour of leaving with no deal will have their scapegoats already neatly lined up.

?

So now Merkle has given the problem to the Clown to fix in 30 days.
He went in blaming the EU and not negotiating, he came out owning the problem.
Genius, poor show, just like when he was pretenting to be Foreign Secretary