Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 152 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

All fair points MiW ................ but I guess he reckons that with the opposition being the bungling berk, Boris, he must be in with a good chance. He'll be hoping that the Brexit vote gets split with the feckless fart, Farage, allowing him to squeeze in through a crack.

Unfortunately, I think he's not fully on board with the likelihood that some long term Labour (remain) supporters would rather vote Lib Dem, or even Green than for him ......... plus of course, there's the separate issue of Brexit supporting Labour voters.

Still plenty of talking points on this subject for a while yet.

Brexit is one of the biggest political issues the UK has ever seen, perhaps outside of war time. There are very few people who are neutral, most have a view to leave or remain. To not have a stance - other than he won’t support a Tory Brexit or no deal - is piss poor. He won’t/can’t nail his colours to the mast and is pure cowardice. Now given any election would be fought on Brexit grounds he/labour would be totally irrelevant given you wouldn’t know what you would be voting for. That said last time they campaigned saying they’d respect the referendum- which may or not be total bollocks. Either way you couldn't trust them on the issue. I accept some will vote for a certain party as that’s what they’ve always done, most likely as they don’t have the intellect to know what they are voting for, but there are plenty out who will vote accordingly in any ejection fought primarily on Brexit grounds.

If he really wanted to put the country first and push for a national unity government he should surely realise he could not provide that unity given his extreme ideologies, anti semitism position etc. Even a good chunk of his own MPs think he’s too unsuitable to be pm. As such he should step aside and let someone who could hold the fort have a crack at forming it. He won’t because he’s not interested in the national good, just getting his hands on power and will do so by any means necessary. He’s a repugnant individual in more ways than one. If he or his acolytes seriously can’t see he isn’t suitable to lead nug then they are more deluded than I thought.

As for Boris, to be fair he hasn’t really put a foot wrong since becoming PM - depending on how you view Brexit. Personally I feel he should be striking a deal with Farage to ensure they don’t cut each other’s throats and consider in which constituencies each will field candidates. Then call steptoes bluff and see if he’ll support an election. I honestly think if they did it would be a comfortable majority for the Tories/BP even in a coalition. Steptoe is too stubborn to enter into any alliance with another party and I don’t think any other really wants to be in one anyway with him at the helm.

Bollocksaplenty indeed. If it’s not a word it should be!

Boris is doing what should have been done in the first place. Play hard ball!
Let’s have a whole pile more of stuff the EU don’t want on the table, never mind taking it off.
Anyone who want s to take heavy artilliary of the table has no idea about negotiating, it really isn’t rocket science.

JC must not be able to see that people can see right through his blatant attempt at power grabbing regardless of what the people want.

?
If a subject like Brexit has got henski liking MiW's posts, then there's got to be summat wrong with it.

Whatever next? Norm offering Will careers advice (or at least, a part time job!)? Hindley forgoing his Benidorm jolly for a fishing trip with LMB? Walgarth and Exiled getting together to launch a new supporters group?

The world's going mad.
???

As opposed to Johnson, who isn't even allowed to be put in a position where journalists might actually get to ask him a question. ??

To be fair, I thought the same....... but give Corbyn credit, he told em to shut up.

That said, the way he took - and answered - 3 questions together meant that he wasnt exposed to the follow up question, where his initial answer could be rebuffed or challenged.

Bollocksaplenty to come yet. (oh, and if that isn't a word, then it should be).
?

By this post I would assume you have not been to many political or open floor meetings, questions are always taken in blocks and answered accordingly, that way it stops one person hogging the time including the speaker being questioned and turning it into a debate between just two people, this way more get to participate and ask their particular question, at the beginning of question sessions at Labour party events this is always pointed out.

The journalist in question decided he did not wish to observe this courtesy, hence the reaction, but yet again let's not let the truth get in the way of what that 'demon' Corbyn does.

?
If a subject like Brexit has got henski liking MiW's posts, then there's got to be summat wrong with it.

Whatever next? Norm offering Will careers advice (or at least, a part time job!)? Hindley forgoing his Benidorm jolly for a fishing trip with LMB? Walgarth and Exiled getting together to launch a new supporters group?

The world's going mad.
???

I am heading down Benidorm way shortly on our way south, If it coincides with Hindley's trip I don't mind taking him fishing up in the mountains or Rio Ebro, in return for him showing me the delights of Benidorm.

We did a few hours there on last years trip, first time ever, and both myself and mrs were shocked, it was nothing like the negativity it has a reputation for (a lot like the Labour party and it's members), driving through we were shocked by the amount of quality restaurants and shops we saw, it was not just tacky bars and kiss me quick hats which detractors who know sod all of the true picture regularly post half truths about (again like the labour party)

Last edited:
By this post I would assume you have not been to many political or open floor meetings, questions are always taken in blocks and answered accordingly, that way it stops one person hogging the time including the speaker being questioned and turning it into a debate between just two people, this way more get to participate and ask their particular question, at the beginning of question sessions at Labour party events this is always pointed out.

The journalist in question decided he did not wish to observe this courtesy, hence the reaction, but yet again let's not let the truth get in the way of what that 'demon' Corbyn does.

Youre right LMB. I haven't. I thought what I posted to be fair though. I wasn't aware of any particular journalist trying to get in a follow up wuestion. They were just trying to finish their sentence over the he king from the audience. As I pointed out, Corbyn quietened them. I didn't demonise him.

The thing is though, he didn't answer the key question. He says he'd do anything and everything to stop no deal (paraphrasing)..... but won't say he'd stand aside if necessary.

I think those comments are fair.

Youre right LMB. I haven't. I thought what I posted to be fair though. I wasn't aware of any particular journalist trying to get in a follow up wuestion. They were just trying to finish their sentence over the he king from the audience. As I pointed out, Corbyn quietened them. I didn't demonise him.

The thing is though, he didn't answer the key question. He says he'd do anything and everything to stop no deal (paraphrasing)..... but won't say he'd stand aside if necessary.

I think those comments are fair.

Why should he stand aside, he is the democratically elected leader of the opposition and will stand or fall by his actions.

ps who do suggest replaces him, a Tory that is perceived to be a nice old man but was an integral part of the Thatcher doctrine years, Liberals who took part freely in a coalition government disaster of unprecedented hard ship for many or rebellious labour anti Corbyn MP's who were unanimously rejected the by the electorate under Gordon Brown's and Ed Milliband's tenures, many of those were expected to lose their seats in the2016 election, but actually survived and in some case even increased their majorities in the Corbyn surge they are perhaps the worst undemocratic hypocrites with short memories.

Last edited:
I am heading down Benidorm way shortly on our way south, If it coincides with Hindley's trip I don't mind taking him fishing up in the mountains or Rio Ebro, in return for him showing me the delights of Benidorm.

Well said sir although as a confirmed veggie I could never take part in such activities. The sentiment is very nice though .

By the way, your categorisation of of the Labour MPs is interesting. Surely, it was the Labour Party that was rejected..... those particular MPs won/held their seats.

I find it amusing that you attribute their success in 2016 to Jezza rather than their own hard work, ability and personality. Amusing, yet strange.

We did a few hours there on last years trip, first time ever, and both myself and mrs were shocked, it was nothing like the negativity it has a reputation for (a lot like the Labour party and it's members), driving through we were shocked by the amount of quality restaurants and shops we saw, it was not just tacky bars and kiss me quick hats which detractors who know sod all of the true picture regularly post half truths about (again like the labour party)

All very true....we have found a bar overlooking the harbour that is just delightful. It happens to be run by 2 gays but who cares and they are lovely lads and do a veggie breakfast to die for.

The people who run Benidorm down and look down their nose at working class families enjoying themselves have probably never set foot in the place.

By the way, your categorisation of of the Labour MPs is interesting. Surely, it was the Labour Party that was rejected..... those particular MPs won/held their seats.

I find it amusing that you attribute their success in 2016 to Jezza rather than their own hard work, ability and personality. Amusing, yet strange.

Moonay the predictions for that election were a disaster in the making for labour, we campaigned and heard local labour candidates on doorsteps saying corbyn will be gone after our defeat which will be one upside of losing, see if you can find the TV footage of kinnock (son) heading to his count gutted that the result had proved them wrong, his ex Norwegian PM wife told him on camera do not comment., perhaps if the anti-corbynism that was clear and evident from 180 or so MPs had been changed to their support maybe the result could have been better.

But LMB, the fact that Labour did well must reflect on those MPs who worked under previous leaders also.

Oh dear. You've used the phrase originally used against the yellow tories but exchanged Corbyn for Swinson.

I vowed to not get drawn into this post, and I've only read the last page because I'm in here and bored. It's still as asinine and nonsensical as ever.

Why shouldn't he lead a VoNC and an interim government, he's the leader of the opposition and followed party line to the letter.

Enjoy working til you're 75.

As you were. I'm out.

All very true....we have found a bar overlooking the harbour that is just delightful. It happens to be run by 2 gays but who cares and they are lovely lads and do a veggie breakfast to die for.

The people who run Benidorm down and look down their nose at working class families enjoying themselves have probably never set foot in the place.
Have opted out of the politico element however Benidorm wow - as others have said it's awesome - want a great traditional tapas and old style spain - old benidorm - tick, want to take the kids - decent family hotels and a great beach - tick, want to get absolutely hammered on a stag - cafe, sinatras, western, neptunes - tick
Cracking time this year and no hassle or dodgy atmosphere at all.
Mind you the bogs at Alicante airport took a right battering going home ??

Sadly it would seem that people just do not trust either leader be it Johnson or Corbyn. It is obvious now that it is a total impasse if these two continue and i just wish Corbyn would step aside and let Labour bring in a leader who can attract the moderate voters out there who just feel abandoned by the two major parties!With the right leader i suspect Labour would walk to victory in a general Election to finally end this shambles that is crippling the country!

Oh dear. You've used the phrase originally used against the yellow tories but exchanged Corbyn for Swinson.

I vowed to not get drawn into this post, and I've only read the last page because I'm in here and bored. It's still as asinine and nonsensical as ever.

Why shouldn't he lead a VoNC and an interim government, he's the leader of the opposition and followed party line to the letter.

Enjoy working til you're 75.

As you were. I'm out.
Wasn't aware it had been used before Phil..... and I don't quite get the context.

Also, I'm not really sure why you'd have a dip into a thread you consider to be asinine and nonsensical.

As for Corbyn, no one is saying that he shouldn't put himself forward as temp leader.......... just that he shouldn't dismiss standing aside if that's what it takes.

If you've gone, I don't suppose you'll see this though.

I’m saying he shouldn’t put himself forward as temporary leader.
No one should. It’s a disgrace that so many MP’s are being so disruptive trying to prevent what the people voted for. As I’ve said before if that wasted energy had been channelled into making the decision work things would have been sorted long ago. Yet even now as we approach the critical end game they’re still at it!
Allow and assist the government to do its job ffs