Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 151 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Talk bout two faced after his initial reaction to the suggestion of a Gov of Nat Unity by the Lib Dems.

Ken Clarke, Yvette Cooper, Jimmy Krankie, there are plenty of options, but Jezza ain't one of them. It would be a power trip for him, and would likely completely scupper the whole thing.

Thankfully wee jimmy krankie isn’t an option, she certainly wouldn’t have the national UK interest at heart in any case even if she was. I don’t dislike Cooper, pleasant sensible lady and would do a far better job than any of the current Labour front bench. Can’t say I agree with her stance on Brexit, though at least she has a stance and in fairness would do her best for the country rather than foist her own political ideologies on it.

Thankfully wee jimmy krankie isn’t an option, she certainly wouldn’t have the national UK interest at heart in any case even if she was....... .

Is she not allowed? I mention her as it would be a temporary arrangement, undertaken for a single issue which she supports.

They'd have two tasks: stop/postpone 31st Oct, and then call a general election. That's all.

If Corbyn had any nowse/strategy, he'd see that this is his best way to a GE, and thus graciously rule himself out of any interim leadership.

Because like I said, they may prefer to stay rather than no deal.

Its quite simple. They very possibly only voted leave in the first place cos of what was promised during the campaign.
Putting it simplyI it's also very possible that people only voted stay stay in the first place cos of what was promised during the campaign.

Is she not allowed? I mention her as it would be a temporary arrangement, undertaken for a single issue which she supports.

They'd have two tasks: stop/postpone 31st Oct, and then call a general election. That's all.

If Corbyn had any nowse/strategy, he'd see that this is his best way to a GE, and thus graciously rule himself out of any interim leadership.
God help Labour if they lost Jeremy, they would slide even further to the left spinning totally out of control.

Good question. Given she doesn’t have a seat in Westminster and so isn't a MP I don’t think she could become de facto PM in a unity government. Besides her focus is solely Scotland not the UK as a whole.

Corbyn and his cronies don’t have any nouse or strategy so won’t do that. They are completely incompetent and unsuitable to be anywhere near any position of power in a government. If they had any ounce of ability they would already be in government.

Good question. Given she doesn’t have a seat in Westminster and so isn't a MP I don’t think she could become de facto PM in a unity government...... .
Of course. Sorry. I'm an idiot. I forgot that Blackford is their leader in the Commons.

Maybe him then.

Of course. Sorry. I'm an idiot. I forgot that Blackford is their leader in the Commons.

Maybe him then.

I very much doubt it, don’t forget they are the Scottish nationalist party - at least Tories, Lib Dem’s, labour are UK wide parties with an interest in all countries that constitute its make up. It’s an unholy mess, Brexit requires sorting one way or another so the country can move forward.

Ah, but Blackford a member of the UK government, not the one at Holyrood.

I understand what you're getting at, but in theory, he's no different to any of the big 3..... or the DUP, or Plaid Cymru, or Greens.

They represent their constituency.

Any road, I see Swinson has kicked Corbyn's proposal into touch. Stupid. Short sighted and stupid.

Good question. Given she doesn’t have a seat in Westminster and so isn't a MP I don’t think she could become de facto PM in a unity government. Besides her focus is solely Scotland not the UK as a whole.

Corbyn and his cronies don’t have any nouse or strategy so won’t do that. They are completely incompetent and unsuitable to be anywhere near any position of power in a government. If they had any ounce of ability they would already be in government.

You don't have to be an MP to be PM.

If the clown called an election, we do not have MPs for the period of the election, most become prospective parliamentary candidates, if they stand for election. However, the clown would remain as PM, until the result of the election is decided.

Happens every election. Also when Alec Douglas Hulme was PM, there was a time when he was not an MP. That is in living memory (in theory)

Wow that’s a brilliant mix! If you put the work in it will show, and you seem like an erudite young man!
Your parents will love you regardless matey, I was rubbish at college because I was going through a tough time. Ended up with D in Drama, C in Geography and an E in English Lang. But like I say I was rubbish.
I ended up going a different route and ended up at uni eventually but it’s not the end of the world and your parents seem to have done a good job you’re the most polite guy on this page with great contributions!
Anyway I’m just trying to say don’t worry, it will be alright! Now get some sleep!!!
Sorry can't resist - a D in drama ? Can't believe you didn't get an A ?

Let's make Corbym PM.
The chaos can't be any worse than it is now.
We can always vote Corbyn out if the next 5 years are an even bigger disaster, though it is hard to imagine this. (I have now put on my 2nd tin hat)

What was it Cameron said? Vote Tory, or get 5 years of chaos with Milliband. Funnier than Norman, though it is a low bar.

Let's make Corbym PM.
The chaos can't be any worse than it is now.
We can always vote Corbyn out if the next 5 years are an even bigger disaster, though it is hard to imagine this. (I have now put on my 2nd tin hat)

What was it Cameron said? Vote Tory, or get 5 years of chaos with Milliband. Funnier than Norman, though it is a low bar.
Who's your dealer - I'll have an ounce ??????????????????

I see Steptoe has been making a speech this morning. Nothing really new, still can’t make a decision on an in and out Brexit stance.

Claims he’ll do everything necessary to stop no deal. Another lie as he won’t support a unity government obviously led by a unity candidate that all sides can unite behind.

Also claims he’ll do everything to bring about a general election. Another lie as he won’t support a unity government obviously led by a unity candidate that all can unite behind.

It is abundantly clear the bloke has no self awareness as he can’t get the message that only a handful of his far left devotees actually want him as pm. Regardless of his extremist policies and beliefs why anyone would actually vote for him in an election given his inability or unwillingness to pick a side in the Brexit debate and his general obfuscation over the issue is beyond me.

I see Steptoe has been making a speech this morning. Nothing really new, still can’t make a decision on an in and out Brexit stance.

Claims he’ll do everything necessary to stop no deal. Another lie as he won’t support a unity government obviously led by a unity candidate that all sides can unite behind.

Also claims he’ll do everything to bring about a general election. Another lie as he won’t support a unity government obviously led by a unity candidate that all can unite behind.

It is abundantly clear the bloke has no self awareness as he can’t get the message that only a handful of his far left devotees actually want him as pm. Regardless of his extremist policies and beliefs why anyone would actually vote for him in an election given his inability or unwillingness to pick a side in the Brexit debate and his general obfuscation over the issue is beyond me.

These are opinions, but mostly I agree with them. That still does not make them true.

I also note Steptoes indoctrinated activists tried to close down free speech at the rally by heckling and preventing journalists asking legitimate questions about his ability to persuade a majority of MPs to back him as interim PM. Utter disgrace and there no depths these individuals won’t sink to.

All fair points MiW ................ but I guess he reckons that with the opposition being the bungling berk, Boris, he must be in with a good chance. He'll be hoping that the Brexit vote gets split with the feckless fart, Farage, allowing him to squeeze in through a crack.

Unfortunately, I think he's not fully on board with the likelihood that some long term Labour (remain) supporters would rather vote Lib Dem, or even Green than for him ......... plus of course, there's the separate issue of Brexit supporting Labour voters.

Still plenty of talking points on this subject for a while yet.

....... indoctrinated activists tried to close down free speech at the rally by heckling and preventing journalists asking legitimate questions.......

As opposed to Johnson, who isn't even allowed to be put in a position where journalists might actually get to ask him a question. ??

To be fair, I thought the same....... but give Corbyn credit, he told em to shut up.

That said, the way he took - and answered - 3 questions together meant that he wasnt exposed to the follow up question, where his initial answer could be rebuffed or challenged.

Bollocksaplenty to come yet. (oh, and if that isn't a word, then it should be).
?