Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 150 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

You are being so kind to me... I'm not even sure what to say other than thank you so much for your compliments, reassurance and support. And one more thing... I admire how you didn't let your grades define you, and had the mental resilience to be successful, despite the setbacks. I can imagine that takes a lot of doing. Once again, thank you very much for your supportive comments tonight.

Just saying what everyone here is thinking probably re: your contributions and attitude!
Honestly growing up now is pretty mental with social media and technology! It’s pretty maddening sometimes you seem like you’re doing a good job getting your head around it. It took me ages, you’re possibly wise beyond your years!
Good luck bud!

Just saying what everyone here is thinking probably re: your contributions and attitude!
Honestly growing up now is pretty mental with social media and technology! It’s pretty maddening sometimes you seem like you’re doing a good job getting your head around it. It took me ages, you’re possibly wise beyond your years!
Good luck bud!

Yeah, I think being a teenager in 2019 is difficult in many ways; the biggest one being, like you say, the presence of social media and the amount of hate and anger that exists online, which I think can give people a negative view of the world. Sometimes it gets me down to be honest. Social media is also confusing in the sense that, there are such a wide range of alternative viewpoints and opinions from so many different people available, literally at your fingertips. I guess this is a good thing in a way, but at an impressionable age it can also mean that you don't really know who to believe, and can lead to confusion over what is and isn't factual. That said, I am also aware of how fortunate I have been with regards to the family I have, where I live, the schools I went to, etc. If I do get the results I want, it'll be as much down to my parents and the environment in which they've brought me up, as it will my own work.

Anyway mate, I'll leave you alone and let you get some sleep yourself! I'd just like to say a final thank you for your kind words tonight. They really have meant a lot to me, and made me feel a lot better.

Last edited:
And in other news Steptoes grand plan to thwart Brexit is to ask Tory MPs to support him in a vote of no confidence against Boris and install him as PM.

The bloke is utterly deluded and desperate if he thinks they would ever do that, despite their views of a no deal Brexit. If this bloke and his cronies ever gained power the damage would be far far worse than any perceived fears about a no deal Brexit. Besides a good chunk of his MPs wouldn’t support him anyway such is his unsuitability for the role. There maybe support for a national unity government if it somehow came to it, but there certainly wouldn’t be support for any of the extreme left MPs on the Labour front bench to run it.

Hope tomorrow is better for you, Daleks. Every cloud has a silver lining. (y)
Yeh I'm not doing anything, apart from writing reports, though it is market day, that counts as exciting around here.

I won't say good luck, because your results will be commensurate with your ability, skill at taking exams and the amount of work you did. You say that you worked hard so it should go well.
What was your first choice, what are you doing?

Also do not worry about that grade boundary stuff, in the press concerning Maths A Level. When there is a new qualification, the awarding bodies never know the grade boundaries, an so they appear to be low compared to the previous version of the qualification. You will find that approximately the same number of candidates will get an A grade this year. The boundaries will rise over the next few exam series.

Also to do a language at Level 3 generally means you are pretty clever.

Last edited:
And in other news Steptoes grand plan to thwart Brexit is to ask Tory MPs to support him in a vote of no confidence against Boris and install him as PM.

The bloke is utterly deluded and desperate if he thinks they would ever do that, despite their views of a no deal Brexit. If this bloke and his cronies ever gained power the damage would be far far worse than any perceived fears about a no deal Brexit. Besides a good chunk of his MPs wouldn’t support him anyway such is his unsuitability for the role. There maybe support for a national unity government if it somehow came to it, but there certainly wouldn’t be support for any of the extreme left MPs on the Labour front bench to run it.

Ah, the current Government is doing such a good job, you think?

I agree he has to go, and is deluded, possibly seduced by the thought of power, like all MPs.

The clown Alexander cannot be a unifying leader.

And in other news Steptoes grand plan to thwart Brexit is to ask Tory MPs to support him in a vote of no confidence against Boris and install him as PM..........

Talk bout two faced after his initial reaction to the suggestion of a Gov of Nat Unity by the Lib Dems.

Ken Clarke, Yvette Cooper, Jimmy Krankie, there are plenty of options, but Jezza ain't one of them. It would be a power trip for him, and would likely completely scupper the whole thing.

Thank you so much, Richy. I genuinely wasn't expecting anyone to think of that! My school emails us our results at 7am. Don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight!
Well Will. Don't keep us in suspense. How did you do. Fairly certain you'll have smashed it. (The exams are much easier these days ?)
?

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, just had to make a few phone calls to the uni for confirmation and stuff.

If anyone is interested I just wanted to let you know that I got high enough grades to get into my first choice of university (Sheffield). I got an A in History, A in Spanish and a B in Biology. It would’ve been amazing to get straight As, but I’m just so thankful that I have achieved what I had to. May get Biology remarked depending on how close I am to the boundary, just for my own satisfaction I guess. I’ll now go on to do an LLB Law degree at Sheffield Uni.

Anyway, thank you to Richy for your comments last night, and thank you to everyone for taking an interest. You are all very considerate and kind people. I really appreciate that you were thinking of me. A bit bleary eyed at the moment as I literally didn’t get any sleep last night ??, but will probably go out with some friends in the afternoon to celebrate!

By the way, did I read correctly Hindley that you said this is ‘National RELAXATION Day’? Bloody hell!! ?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, just had to make a few phone calls to the uni for confirmation and stuff.

If anyone is interested I just wanted to let you know that I got the grades I needed to for my firm choice university (Sheffield). I got an A in History, A in Spanish and a B in Biology. It would’ve been amazing to get straight As, but I’m just so thankful that I have achieved what I had to. May get Biology remarked depending on how close I am to the boundary, just for my own satisfaction I guess. I’ll now go on to do an LLB Law degree at Sheffield.

Anyway, thank you to Richy for your comments last night, and thank you to everyone for taking an interest. You are all very considerate and kind people. I really appreciate that you were thinking of me. A bit bleary eyed at the moment as I literally didn’t get any sleep last night ??, but will probably go out with some friends in the afternoon to celebrate!

By the way, did I read correctly Hindley that you said this is ‘National RELAXATION Day’? Bloody hell!! ?

Well done sir