Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 146 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Moonay, imo it's a cluster fuck however u look at it. Firstly Cameron promised a referendum on our EU membership - now in hindsight that was a bit basic as all we had was simple Y/N & now people saying should have had a/b/c included ( wud it still be a referendum then!!).
Secondly...Cameron & co didn't expect that result which then started all this jockeying for power / position & also in hindsight should have galvanised the labour party in action.
Thirdly...it's shown the EU & the rest of the world what a laughing stock our political elite are, so busy in house fighting that the country is left to flounder.
Lastly....if I had hindsight I'd be able to say....well Brexit it wasn't as fearful as they all made out / well Brexit they were right it has fucked us up royally / well here we are 4 years down the line BJ didn't manage to get us out n still waiting to see what's going on meanwhile screaming Lord Sutch has just won a landslide GE & promises to unite us all again......my money is on the latter!!!!
Screaming Lord Such is dead

Did you like the Jonathon Pie clip Jock? I think that answers your point about the referendum question.

Y/N was fine for gauging opinion, but with only that as a question, there obviously had to be a second stage re how we were to actually leave. Either that, or (as I have said before - albeit for a second vote), they should have listed various leave options (alongside "remain"), and then taken it as a proportional representation vote. It wouldn't have been difficult.
Dominic Cummings thought it would need 2 votes
1 to get the decision
1 to determine what type​

He seems to have changed his mind, just like the clown​

jocklatic

Vital Squad Member
Sorry Hindley but that doesn't work.
There may well be those who want to leave with a deal, but would rather stay than crash out with no deal.

Remain has got to be an option.

Sorry Moonay that's the end of democracy then.....leave won be that fair / square / indifferent so if anything abide by the vote & maybe have a vote on leave with / without a deal but I'm afraid that wud take another 3 years. Seems to me remainers like yourself are using any arguments to get another vote.

hindleymonwafc

Vital 1st Team Regular
There may well be those who want to leave with a deal, but would rather stay than crash out with no deal.

Yes those that don't want to crash out with no deal vote for a deal. What's remain got to do with it ? Its leave with or without a deal that is now the question. If leave with a deal wins then so be it and being a democrat I would accept that.

moonay

Vital Football Hero
Yes those that don't want to crash out with no deal vote for a deal. What's remain got to do with it ?.......
Because like I said, they may prefer to stay rather than no deal.

Its quite simple. They very possibly only voted leave in the first place cos of what was promised during the campaign.

jocklatic

Vital Squad Member
Because like I said, they may prefer to stay rather than no deal.

Its quite simple. They very possibly only voted leave in the first place cos of what was promised during the campaign.
Sorry Moonay...your just coming across as a bitter remain loser using any argument to bring it around. So in ur world we have another vote(which we shouldn't)...leave wins again, it then takes another 2 years of bullshit gameplay with little movement from EU - what we do then - go again with yet another vote cos remain lost.

moonay

Vital Football Hero
Jock, I think I've explained what I think should happen and why, in quite a reasonable manner......... at least twice.

If May's deal had gone through, I could have lived with that. Unfortunately, it wasn't good enough for some of the most ardent Brexiteers.

It's their influence which is pushing us toward something that (yet again) no one specifically voted for.

That's not bitterness......... Its reason.

henski

Vital Reserves Team

Yet a recent poll has suggested more people want out under any circumstances than want to remain. Are you ignoring that as well as the referendum result? Surely not.

moonay

Vital Football Hero
Yet a recent poll has suggested more people want out under any circumstances than want to remain. Are you ignoring that as well as the referendum result? Surely not.
I commented on that "poll" earlier in the thread. It's about as legitimate as Jeff's Wright's claim that Roberts is a winger.
😉

jocklatic

Vital Squad Member
Jock, I think I've explained what I think should happen and why, in quite a reasonable manner......... at least twice.

If May's deal had gone through, I could have lived with that. Unfortunately, it wasn't good enough for some of the most ardent Brexiteers.

It's their influence which is pushing us toward something that (yet again) no one specifically voted for.

That's not bitterness......... Its reason.

So u say "if May's deal had gone thru I could have lived with that".....oh so very easy to say that when the original deal was voted down by the biggest majority in parliamentary history, oh so easy cos u therefore knew ANY modified deal would also fail. Bit like saying after our euphoric victory over city in the cup ( either of them) - oh well I wouldn't have begrudge City winning - as I say easy words wen u know it will never happen...

Def tad of bitterness imo