Brewster | Page 3 | Vital Football

Brewster

Can’t believe some have already wrote him off. He has pace and the right attitude, you can see that on the pitch. Aguero would struggle with this service. Until we can sign more players with the quality of Berge we have to play to our strengths. That is move the ball early to the man in space, do not go back into trouble like many did today. Get quality early balls in ( practice crossing in training). The strikers were already in there waiting today. Instead we come back lose all momentum and the strikers receive the ball on the back foot while been heavily marked. It might not be what the purists want but we have the play to our strengths.
no bodies writing him off they are saying hes not done much and hasnt performed as of yet. can see him coming good ,but i dont agree with hes got pace ,burkes got pace and it looks like sharp is quicker as well, i have yet to see brewster run away from a defender ,and that includes the league one side today. but he does look like he has something,and once he scores he,ll keep scoring .

He’s not doing what he’s been brought here to do and that’s score goals, but apart from a couple of moments, I thought the kid did ok second half. Good involvement and touches in the build up play and he puts far more effort into pressing than he used to.

It’s just not going for him in front of goal but take that last shot for example, he hit the target and he hit it hard. Good strikers at the very top of their game maybe would have the confidence to pick their spot in a scenario like that but I think most even at PL level will just focus on getting a good connection, keeping it down and getting it on target and in some cases the ball will end up in the net. If ever a player just needs a ball to go in of his backside it’s him, but in our current position I’d keep giving the kid some game time. Let’s judge him when he’s got a couple of goals under his belt, I still see a player in there.
in my opinion the good strikers can hit it at pace where ever they want to more often than not. the ok to average strikers try and do what ya said good connect on target and hope for the best. now when ya have strikers that cant hit the target unless they get 5 0r 6 chances then ya gonna stuggle to score. if aguero played for us ,the chances created would more often than not be turned into goals . all by it not a lot of chances but enough to see us out the bottom 3.

It’s the difference between the cream and the rest consistency even non league players will cream one into the top corner or score an unbelievable goal but it might happen once or twice in every 20 or 30 attempts championship players might do it every 10 or 15 attempts true prem strikers every 6 or 7 and the top end is every 2 or 3

He could be great for us next season. But, we don't even need him next season.

McBurnie, Burke, McGoldrick and Sharp is more than enough.

If we could recoup £15m for him I'd just do it. Might be regrettable but I'd be keen to claw back a lot of this money ASAP.

There's a very strong argument that him and Ramsdale are our worst signings of all time.

I mean..... near £20m each. It makes me feel sick.

They can be decent in the Championship and still a horrendous waste of money.

And btw this Ramsdale would be fucking shit in the Championship as well.

Last edited:
The biggest mistake was not signing a good deputy for JOC. Both Rammy and Brewster would have benefited. Rammy not as many difficult crosses to deal with especially from dead ball situations and Brewster from the extra attacking momentum JOC gave. I know that one Man doesn't make a team but he perhaps gave the rest a little more confidence.

But it's a really good job Rammy has made those 65 saves and is so high up the top goalie saves list.
I am not doubting Rammy had made some excellent saves but in general the more pressure you are under the more mistakes you make and unfortunately he has made a few and that eroded confidence. In my opinion he has been put under a lot more pressure than Hendo and I wonder how many he would have made with the same pressure.
Of course it's all about opinions.

Both Rammers and Brewster are young - we have to give them time. Perhaps they are both missing the crowds - you never know.

Its definitely been a difficult transition for them both and really we should be patient. At least they have their careers ahead of them - the sporting world is full of players whose careers rise and fall - mental approach/confidence is key and should never be underestimated.

Both Rammers and Brewster are young - we have to give them time. Perhaps they are both missing the crowds - you never know.

Its definitely been a difficult transition for them both and really we should be patient. At least they have their careers ahead of them - the sporting world is full of players whose careers rise and fall - mental approach/confidence is key and should never be underestimated.
I am 100 percent sure Brewster will come good. However I have big doubts about Ramsdale. Perhaps the club could arrange for him to have laser eye surgery as clearly playing in contact lenses in this weather and the cold is not ideal.

The club have to give them both time, Ramsdadale contracted till 2024 and Brewster till 2025, the club has a invested, for us a serious wedge of money, on the recommendation of Wilder. The board won't be wanting that investment to deteriorate, it's up to Wilder and his coaching staff to get that potential out of these players. The team is a shadow of the team that turned up last year, some of the senior players haven't replicated what they did last year which hasn't helped these individuals. Who takes the blame the player or the team that recommended the board to buy them.

I am 100 percent sure Brewster will come good. However I have big doubts about Ramsdale. Perhaps the club could arrange for him to have laser eye surgery as clearly playing in contact lenses in this weather and the cold is not ideal.
Chronic mentioned his eyesight earlier and it does make you wonder. I've remarked on his hand/eye cooordination before realising that he wore contacts( as we saw in the last couple of weeks) so mabe there's a reason?
Maybe he has a peripheral vision problem. I'm no expert but there's got to be something amiss to keep making those slight misjudgements that cause so many problems- poor punches, poor handling etc etc.

You'd like to think it had been checked though- unless it has deterioraated whilst with us.

Chronic mentioned his eyesight earlier and it does make you wonder. I've remarked on his hand/eye cooordination before realising that he wore contacts( as we saw in the last couple of weeks) so mabe there's a reason?
Maybe he has a peripheral vision problem. I'm no expert but there's got to be something amiss to keep making those slight misjudgements that cause so many problems- poor punches, poor handling etc etc.

You'd like to think it had been checked though- unless it has deterioraated whilst with us.
Any type of lenses on spectacles and I assume contacts are a nightmare for misting up or if you get splashes of water. It does make you think.

mmmmmmmmmmm some good posts today ,like it a lot,very good reasoning and great points made. well done chaps and chapets

I wondered if Steve Simonsen had the same problem develop with his eyes. He became utterly incompetent very quickly when he should have been at peak age.

United have never shone in PO finals, Huddersfield probably best chance to lay that to bed. Huddersfield miss first three spot kicks, then Williamson, Lowton and finally Taylor, brought on specifically to take a pen bollocks it up and let them back in, Utd must have a gift.