Brewster is an utter embarrassment | Vital Football

Brewster is an utter embarrassment

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
An unfathomable waste of money for this club.

It really is incredible.

He's beyond poor and all he offers is soft catching practice for opposition goalkeepers.

Get him out on loan ASAP and hope he flukes some goals again so some other mugs give us back 10% of what we paid.

If you put Tyler Smith and Brewster in front of the management and told them Smith cost £24m and Brewster was from our academy........

Which one do we give away to Hull for free?

All know the answer don't we.

Even if Smith couldn't kick a ball his energy and movement would make him a better asset than Brewster.

In my opinion McBurnie is equally as bad. No control, no pace equals no danger. What a waste of £40 million if only Wilder had used our academy lads more and replaced JOC.

McPub can get fucked as well.

He clearly doesn't want to be here and in all probability is finished at the club.

But at least he's performed occasionally for us and knocked in a handful of goals.

But my word....... what that money could have done. Horrific waste.

Honestly I thought McBurnie looked ok when he came on today.

Brewster - Wilder had money to spend and was clearly looking for a young player whose value might rise. His budget was still low though compared to other teams, hence we couldn't get Watkins etc etc. Brewster made sense at the time (and we agreed) but because strikers cost prob 50% more than any other position he does look v expensive for what we got.

Had a horrific time last year with our "non-attack" policy, and still looks out of his depth at times, but there is an improvement, and he is one of ours, so we have to continue to back him IMHO. At least he's now having shots on target occasionally?! - that's a step in the right direction.

If you put Tyler Smith and Brewster in front of the management and told them Smith cost £24m and Brewster was from our academy........

Which one do we give away to Hull for free?

All know the answer don't we.

Even if Smith couldn't kick a ball his energy and movement would make him a better asset than Brewster.
i said about tyler smith a bit ago much better than brewster but diidnt cost 22 million,hense why one is at hull and were stuck with a complete waist of a 22 million pound player. id let a club take him and mcburnie for 20 million if they have both

I think £10m would be great for both to be honest.

A loss of just £30m or so would be absolutely terrific.

Maybe some mugs could be tempted to take a combined punt on them.........

So how come Brewster and (and McBurnie for that matter) scored plenty for Swansea? There’s got to be more to this story than they’re both crap because they obviously weren’t at this level the season before they joined us.
Personally I think Brewster did ok today… apart from the obvious and he will come good again. I just hope it’s for us.

Last edited:
So how come Brewster and (and McBurnie for that matter) scored plenty for Swansea? There’s got to be more to this story than they’re both crap because they obviously weren’t at this level the season before they joined us.
Personally I think Brewster did ok today… apart from the obvious and he will come good again. I just hope it’s for us.

Maybe they're just the feeble minded children they appear to be and have simply gone to bits at the first period of pressure they've faced in their professional careers?

But, to be fair to both of them, they'll never lose their ability to shitly dance to shit music and speak like pretend gangsters.

correct they did how long back, its like saying how come aguero scored a thousand goals for city then and hes scoring nowt na. that were then this is now. they are now shit. brewster will do nothin with us ,we,re just the wrong club ,it just hasnt clicked simple as that same wi mcburnie hes terrible

correct they did how long back, its like saying how come aguero scored a thousand goals for city then and hes scoring nowt na. that were then this is now. they are now shit. brewster will do nothin with us ,we,re just the wrong club ,it just hasnt clicked simple as that same wi mcburnie hes terrible
Aguero is at the end of his career and will be on his way down physically and probably mentally, Brewster was and still should be on his way up so what’s happened? He’d scored goals all through his career up to coming to us and now he’s in a division where he’s been previously successful and under a manager who plays in a similar style to what he did at Swansea unlike Wilder. Maybe the kid needs more mental health support than coaching? Not going to argue about McB, never rated him more trouble than he’s worth like Moose.

I think too many of you judge Brewster against a £23m price tag. It is not the lad’s fault that he cost that much, nor (as I understand it) was it Wilder’s (but that’s another story for another day).
I’ve just watched my recording of the full match (so much less stressful when you know the end result) and I don’t think he was any worse than several others.
Yes, he hasn’t pulled up any trees since his arrival, but he is young and I still think he has potential. My hope is of course, that Slav and his coaching team can yet get the best out of him. Time will tell.

Aguero is at the end of his career and will be on his way down physically and probably mentally, Brewster was and still should be on his way up so what’s happened? He’d scored goals all through his career up to coming to us and now he’s in a division where he’s been previously successful and under a manager who plays in a similar style to what he did at Swansea unlike Wilder. Maybe the kid needs more mental health support than coaching? Not going to argue about McB, never rated him more trouble than he’s worth like Moose.
cant be arsed to look up a comparison all am saying is that were then and this is now id say more like a jordan rhodes when he went to the pigs ,he were scoring before now he isnt, in other words their game as detiriated

I think too many of you judge Brewster against a £23m price tag. It is not the lad’s fault that he cost that much, nor (as I understand it) was it Wilder’s (but that’s another story for another day).
I’ve just watched my recording of the full match (so much less stressful when you know the end result) and I don’t think he was any worse than several others.
Yes, he hasn’t pulled up any trees since his arrival, but he is young and I still think he has potential. My hope is of course, that Slav and his coaching team can yet get the best out of him. Time will tell.
i judge him from my experience in judging players when i do a bit of scouting ,his all round play is league 1 ,his intelligence is league 2 ,his finishing and anticipation is league 1,his link up play is league 1,his potential is there but its fading with every game,he as to start earning his corn or he,ll end up in league 1 ,the onle reason he isnt at the moment is we paid 22 million for him thats it and only it. i hope to god he starts scoring and assisting ,but his intelligence just isnt there at the moment

cant be arsed to look up a comparison all am saying is that were then and this is now id say more like a jordan rhodes when he went to the pigs ,he were scoring before now he isnt, in other words their game as detiriated
I get that mate, same with Billy for us under Robson. I think expectation is an issue that can't be shaken off sometimes at a certain club but as Biggles points out, sometimes under a new manager players can come good like Billy did for us. Sometimes when they think they're carrying the world on their shoulders players who were sharp and bright can lose almost everything just through lack of confidence. I had that myself, I used to play squash at a decent level and i just 'lost it' for over a year, i looked like I'd never played before at times. If you expect to do well you usually do ok in my experience but negative thoughts can turn you into a bleeding shambles.
Maybe a couple of lucky goals off his backside will reset him and he'll kick on. 🤞

Last edited:
I enjoyed the game Bigglenaldo and i had a luvly day wi mi youngest son and 3 nephews and a couple of their mates.A few pints before the game and i thought we were very comfortable for most of the game but just now looking at this thread i thought i must've been Pished and we'd actually lost 3-1.:giggle: Egan's movement for his 2 goals was superb.Enjoy Gibbs White whilst he's here BLADES cos i'll be amazed(and delighted) if Wolves don't recall him in January,what a cross for Billy's goal and a luvly header from our Billy boy,then no doubt we'll get the why dint we sign him on a permanent deal from sections of our fanbase.I think this last week has been for the most part superb entertainment for us BLADES(some of the defending apart)Roll on Tuesday and the Saints in the cup.UTB

Last edited:
Aguero is at the end of his career and will be on his way down physically and probably mentally, Brewster was and still should be on his way up so what’s happened? He’d scored goals all through his career up to coming to us and now he’s in a division where he’s been previously successful and under a manager who plays in a similar style to what he did at Swansea unlike Wilder. Maybe the kid needs more mental health support than coaching? Not going to argue about McB, never rated him more trouble than he’s worth like Moose.[/QUOT
Brewster needs a massive dose of confidence. I can see in games he hides and stops moving and waits for the ball to come to him. Watch Gibbs-White and Ndiaye they are constantly on the move looking for space and demanding the ball. Brewster is frightened to death to make a mistake so he disappears from games the price tag is weighing down on him. He also needs to stop shooting from way out. The edge of the area go from it. Again he is that worried about the crowd reaction he concentrates on hitting the target rather than going for the corner of the net and it is an easy save. Two options continue playing him and boost his confidence or send him on loan in the JTW.

Brewster to me looks, lazy,disinterested and sulky regardless of the 'ability' that has yet to shine through.
When yur attitude's wrong, regardless of any price tag, you're on the back foot facing an uphill struggle to prove yourself and flourish.
If he can ever be arsed to put a real shift in, show more determination and interest, then he might become something but it has to come from him- no amount of coaching or cajoling can change his personality.

OK he might not be suited to SUFC- 2 things there, where was CW's famous 'must fit in' radar when chasing him and 2- how soon can we be rid in a damage limitation exerxise?

I enjoyed the game Bigglenaldo and i had a luvly day wi mi youngest son and 3 nephews and a couple of their mates.A few pints before the game and i thought we were very comfortable for most of the game but just now looking at this thread i thought i must've been Pished and we'd actually lost 3-1.:giggle: Egan's movement for his 2 goals was superb.Enjoy Gibbs White whilst he's here BLADES cos i'll be amazed(and delighted) if Wolves don't recall him in January,what a cross for Billy's goal and a luvly header from our Billy boy,then no doubt we'll get the why dint we sign him on a permanent deal from sections of our fanbase.I think this last week has been for the most part superb entertainment for us BLADES(some of the defending apart)Roll on Tuesday and the Saints in the cup.UTB

You are indeed blessed, Rod.
Handsome good looks and a great family around you! What more could a man want? No wonder you always seem so contented with your lot.
Glad you had a great day out mate.