Brentford v Swans | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brentford v Swans

How we have come all this way and played as bad as this I don’t know.
We are toothless and have been completely outplayed.
96’ and it’s the end of the match.
Swans are still in the Championship and our players submitted without a whimper, not a shot on target, no character, no leadership, a weak and disastrous showing by them.
The fall out now begins, and it will be goodbye to a load of these players.

Steve Cooper:
“We are disappointed. We didn't win the game which is what we came here to do. We started the game second best and some defining moments didn't go our way.
We gave ourselves a really tough job going 2-0 down. We had to change a few things. The players never gave up and gave it a really good go, certainly at the start of the second half.
I'm not going to sit here and criticise anything because there's nothing I can say to make anybody feel any better at the moment."

We actually started better than Brentford until that crazy and unnecessary penalty conceded for the first goal which turned the game. It seems Woodman always has a mistake in him, remember he threw the ball straight out to a Barnsley player in the last game.
We conceded the second goal with a breakaway counter attack from our long throw in to their goal mouth, exactly as per Barnsley game, committing eight players forward, Brentford were waiting for it.
Only Grimes raced back to cover, surprisingly the ref was just as fast and right behind him, the rest of our players were far too slow reacting.
We had a week to sort out these two issues of which Brentford were well aware of and exploited.
Why did Cooper revert back to 3-5-2 for this match. We started conceding too many goals with that formation and changed it several games ago. It was a Naughton mismatch marking Toney and Cabango was exposed. Cooper realised his mistake and reverted back to 4–3-3.
Why did we continuously pass back from favourable attacking positions when two goals down.

Embarrassing and pathetic performance, the polar opposite to 10 years ago. I don't believe many reports and rumours but the speculation that cooper had spoken to crystal palace in the lead up would explain the lacklustre performance

A massive disappointment enh. To get all the way to the final, be 90 mins from the PL, put in a lethargic performance and not even have a shot on target is unforgivable.
Whether it was Cooper’s tactics or the players freezing on the day I don’t know, but it was certainly not good enough.