Brentford team news | Vital Football

Brentford team news

Hampton

Vital Football Hero
Jacobs in line for a start after last week ?
Seven left wingers in the squad
Kal chomping at the bit
Windass weekend off
Moore only allowed to play outside the box facing our goal
Keep yr tracky on Joffy
"Massive club Brentford one we aspire to, Unforgiving league - you know the rest !
Can't wait ! ?
UTFT ??⚪
DTFM ??

And before any of the clappers has a pop pls read his pre match interview
It's one thing bumming up Leeds or Forest.
But Brentford "one of the best sides in the league" "surprised their not in the prem"
Really Paul ? - No really ? ?
Compared to Brentford managers version "we respect Wigan but we are going there to dominate the game"
Take note Cook ?

Tickled me that! :rofl:

If Cook said what you said in the OP the clappers would be made up and find the positives.......Puddled!

On a serious note Windass, Naismith, Geldhardt, Pilkington all played for the U23s which is always a sure fire sign they are definetely not going to start.

But Jacobs, Byrne, Garner and Bright didn't appear which could suggest all possibly in contention. They might only be on stand by for knocks or whatever as i can't see the starting 11 changing from last week if everyone is fit.

Brentford play passing attacking football like Swansea do without a target man and everything on the deck so i imagine we'll do exactly what we did again but i think Brentford have more pace and dribblers who will run at us than Swansea did. So i suspect they could hurt us more - but just like the Swansea game it's a complete clash of styles and their weakness is our strength and visa-versa so it's going to be down on who can impose their play on the other.

Brentford home is the type of game you have to have down as a win - especially as we've failed to pick up the points we should've reccently but Brentford have managed some deccent results on the road beating some of the teams around us in the relegation battle so they'll probably fancy a win and not be afraid to go at us.

Hope we've been practicing our finishing this week - especially Moore in 1 on 1's.

Fox is fit again so it'll be interesting to see who partners Dunkley at centre half.Kipre hasn't done much wrong in the last 2 games but Fox(like Mulgrew)seems to bring a calming presence and organisation to those around him but hasn't played for a while so may be a bit off the pace.Personally I wouldn't mind whoever it is.As KDZ says Brentford are a similar sort of team to Swansea so I expect a similar line up to last week.The other change I would think of making is benching the low on confidence Massey and perhaps bringing Pilks in.Joffy and Windass(if his attitude is right) should be 1st choice attacking subs IMO,or even the lad from Wolves may get a chance.I'm not writing off Massey or Jacobs and if they came on I would get behind them but I feel both are lacking in form at the moment.Hoping for a similar performance to last week with obviously a different result.I'll go for a 2_1 win.Up the tics!!

Know what you're saying John but he's just getting his excuses in early mate. Classic survival mode.

It's getting more cringeworthy after each interview.....imagine how bad it would be if we were in the prem playing the likes of scousepool or a'big' team like man ure.....he'd be so so far up their asses we'd not hear his ass licking comments....come on PC just give us a normal press conference with an acknowledgement of the opposition but not a 'oh we're playing world beaters utd!!!!

Fox is fit again so it'll be interesting to see who partners Dunkley at centre half.Kipre hasn't done much wrong in the last 2 games but Fox(like Mulgrew)seems to bring a calming presence and organisation to those around him but hasn't played for a while so may be a bit off the pace.Personally I wouldn't mind whoever it is.As KDZ says Brentford are a similar sort of team to Swansea so I expect a similar line up to last week.The other change I would think of making is benching the low on confidence Massey and perhaps bringing Pilks in.Joffy and Windass(if his attitude is right) should be 1st choice attacking subs IMO,or even the lad from Wolves may get a chance.I'm not writing off Massey or Jacobs and if they came on I would get behind them but I feel both are lacking in form at the moment.Hoping for a similar performance to last week with obviously a different result.I'll go for a 2_1 win.Up the tics!!
I'm not frightened of hurting their feelings,both Massey and Jacobs are not up to this league,they are nicking a wage, and should be fucked off asap.

Totally disagree with all of these "bumming up" comments about the manager.
How many managers / teams have come a cropper because of arrogance over the years. Nothing like firing up a rival.
The other manager plays a video of our manager suggesting that Brentford are a poor outfit and Wigan will batter them.... opposition players get all fired up and step up another level..... whoops !
Mr Cook ,apart from being polite, knows exactly what to say / what not to say.
Criticise the post match interview (and he has had a load of dodgy ones) but the pre match interviews are just puff pieces.

Wigan to beat Brentford.... who are a decent team.
They typically sell their best players in the summer, have to almost start again with newer players and build as the season progresses.

Totally disagree with all of these "bumming up" comments about the manager.
How many managers / teams have come a cropper because of arrogance over the years. Nothing like firing up a rival.
The other manager plays a video of our manager suggesting that Brentford are a poor outfit and Wigan will batter them.... opposition players get all fired up and step up another level..... whoops !
Mr Cook ,apart from being polite, knows exactly what to say / what not to say.
Criticise the post match interview (and he has had a load of dodgy ones) but the pre match interviews are just puff pieces.

Wigan to beat Brentford.... who are a decent team.
They typically sell their best players in the summer, have to almost start again with newer players and build as the season progresses.
Doesn't have to be one way or the other.
Don't bum up the opposition nor disrespect them.
Focus on ourselves and be positive - sin miedo as we used to say !

Just been watching Sky this morning and all of the interviews shown were in the same manner as Paul Cooks. All the managers interviewed praise the opposition, not a single one ran down their opponents, but what we saw was only what Sky and the press want to show. They obviously don't show the entire press conference and only a selected highlight, and this is possibly the same with Paul Cook. I certainly don't read much into his pre match interviews as I am sure he will be saying something entirely different in the dressing room.

It will be interesting to watch the Liverpool v Man City game this weekend given the spat between Guardiola and Klopp and see which team are most wound up by the comments.