Brentford Manager | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brentford Manager

They are also smart enough to realise that they have almost complete control of every aspect of the playing side of the club, the higher up the ladder they go the more of that they will probably have to relinquish. It's a theme in Graham Taylor's autobiography that nothing in his career gave him as much pleasure as his achievements at Watford when he could do pretty much what he wanted with Elton John's backing
i really enjoyed that book. He said when he arrived at Watford, the club was being run terribly. The club scout was 96 and had been there since before the war.
First game of the season GT is sat on the bench- no dugout. (The stand behind where he sat had no roof, so he said he could hardly sit in a dry dugout while the supporters behind him were open to all elements). Anyway the game is about to kick off and he looked down the touchline to see Elton John walking towards him waving at the crowd. Elton plonks himself on the other end of the bench alongside the sub and backroom team. GT was thinking "what the f... do you think you're doing". He had to teach him how to be a chairman, to liaise and greet with the opposition board of directors etc.

i really enjoyed that book. He said when he arrived at Watford, the club was being run terribly. The club scout was 96 and had been there since before the war.
First game of the season GT is sat on the bench- no dugout. (The stand behind where he sat had no roof, so he said he could hardly sit in a dry dugout while the supporters behind him were open to all elements). Anyway the game is about to kick off and he looked down the touchline to see Elton John walking towards him waving at the crowd. Elton plonks himself on the other end of the bench alongside the sub and backroom team. GT was thinking "what the f... do you think you're doing". He had to teach him how to be a chairman, to liaise and greet with the opposition board of directors etc.

Chris Ashton's been at City before the War. Granted, though, he is not the chief scout.

No point asking us about the Cowleys, fans of championship sides should ask the fans of Mansfield and Grimsby.
They know what they're like far better than us from what they write on 1ff. Pair of moaning whining southern wankers according to them. Glad they didn't appoint them by all accounts is the general consensus.
what's the appeal of this 1ff? I fail to see it

From an FGR expert -

Cowleys at Brentford? Brentford are envied for their style of play and quality of young footballers. Don't think the Cowleys' brand of intimidation and iron fist is what they are after?

I've finally found a post from someone on the Brentford forum who knows what they're talking about...

'The Cowleys have quite simply made the most of the limited resources they’ve had available at both Braintree and Lincoln and have built teams that are organised, hard to beat, big and nasty.

I do see signs of Lincoln adapting and mixing it up a bit this season and the signing of Bruno Andrade is interesting as he’s an excellent dribbler and ball player.

The Cowleys are obviously talented motivators and coaches and plan and organise forensically.

That leads me to wonder if given better players at Brentford they could adapt their methods and buy into our way of doing things.

I would not totally discount them.'

All apart from the last sentence anyway.

I would not totally discount them.'

All apart from the last sentence anyway.
That is only because they’re unsure of a manager who has never managed above league 2.

The only risk I can see. Oh that and a bunch of imps burning down your club for stealing our managers.