Brentford Fan Comments | Vital Football

Brentford Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Forest are hard to beat under Karanka...

Stood off Brereton and let him pick his spot. He picked the bar.

Good game, end to end stuff.

It's not Forest's night.

God knows why Sky persist with televising Cardiff matches. Prefer the adverts.

We Karankerred Karanka.

550 minutes since Forest last scored in the Championship.

What a record we’ve got up there since promotion!

Thought it was a turgid and largely unremarkable game....thought Egan and Dalsgaard were our two best players on the night....mist rolling in from the Trent was appropriate.

I like the City Ground but you felt that Forest fans really had nothing to cheer about, it must be quite a depressing time for them. They must hate it when we turn up every year to pick up our 3 points.

Maybe next season they can just hand over the points and save us a trip up there and give the players a weekend off!

Maybe but then we won't get to see 20,000 disappointed faces trudging out the ground after 85 mins.

What! and miss a trip to hooters?

I think Karanka's going to have a big clear out in the summer or himself be cleared out - I can't see how his interview on BBC Radio Nottingham where he said they were looking for a win just to make sure they were safe from relegation would in any way have lifted his team.

What was with their #17? Seems he had one job - to stand 2 inches from the ball on every free kick to stop us taking it quickly. Didn't seem to do much else in the game.

Forest had no real goal threat other than Tomlin.

We had a very good first 5 mins where Henrik and co found loads of space and it looked like we'd caught a Forest side who are on their knees and in the middle of a terrible run, suddenly Tomlin gets the ball runs around Josh Mc and gets a shot at goal, pretty much mayhem ensues for the next 20 mins with us looking lively on the break at times, it was almost end to end but they were in our end much more.

We won, I thought we edged it in the 2nd, others with me disagreed, our season is still going....

Well, better to be lucky than good! We should have lost this game in the first half when Forest were on top. They were quicker to the ball, had better movement and passed it more quickly and more accurately. Clarke was struggling on the left and in midfield we gave them far too much room. Brereton hit the bar with a good curling effort from just outside the box and Bentley made two fantastic saves. Other good chances went wide.

The second half started in a similar vein and Forest smacked a terrific effort against the post. But gradually we ground our way back into the game and Forest's confidence began to wobble.

It was hard luck on Forest who had yet again failed to score but had played well.

Overall, a hard earned victory on a night when we would have come away with nothing had Forest got what they deserved.

Forest could have got the better of it if they had a striker.

As mentioned Forest hit bar and post and also Brerton had a chance when put through but other than that not much. We gave their full backs a tough time, probably edged it in my opinion. Sawyers played well 2nd half, Maupay did a lot of running and chasing but tired late on. Ogbenne showed something in the few minutes he was on. Good support from the Bees and as always a quiet Forest end.

Actually thought Forest were pretty good (better than I expected) and played attractive football. It is as well for us that they can't finish.

City ground was weird. You got the feeling it could have been really loud if they got going but for most of the time it was like a morgue.

Took my 8 year old boy with me and from the start I knew I had sat in the worst seat possible – man next to me getting stuck into Sawyers 10 minutes in proper negative. Eventually the C word came out of his mouth (you knew it was coming!) Anyway a polite word in his ear and he apologised and calmed down a little. Second half he disappeared.

I know I have been to plenty of games, had far too much to drink but I’ve always tried to be careful of who is around etc etc and watched my mouth (not always but have tried)

But just couldn’t work out dropping the C bomb after 10 minutes in, he wasn’t drunk maybe a just a bit erm………. Simple? If you can say that.

I had to move for the 2nd half, some big bloke, lives in Nottingham I think, told me off/had a little chat for me using the C word and for a few pops I directed at Sawyers, never have I been so humiliated or bullied in my lifetime, deffo no Fulham for me now.

For me they pretty much nailed our performance. One of the more balanced set of fans to comment on our performance.

Very fair comments, from a very fair team & game that was very well reffed. It’s just such a shame we are fucking shit & the atmosphere was so flat (down to players & manager) on a night where the mist was rolling in.